Options

The Andrew Marr Show[Sunday 16th March] 2014, Oh Dear!.

Lee MorrisLee Morris Posts: 2,824
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Yesterday on his show Andrew Marr had both Ed Balls and George Osborne answering his questions:

To Ed Balls - He asked yet again for the umpteenth time if he would apologise for the financial crises.

To George Osborne - He let Mr Osborne have the cheek to accuse Labour of lying saying that the welfare bill during Labour's time in office was too high and they were not honest about it, he also said that voters should never trust a party who in the House of Commons vote for more money for those on benefits.

What Andrew Marr did not ask which he should have done is how the Scummy Tories can really justify treating those in vital Public Services such as Police, Fire but mainly the NHS show despicably by way of only giving them a 1% pay rise which is not even an across the board pay rise.

It was so obvious that Andrew is a Tory supporter and at a time when the BBC is suffering from cuts due to the Murdoch supporting Tories, they really should asking the questions that need to be asked rather than still bringing up questions that have been asked a number of times.

Honestly if I could and not only would I really like to but I hope I can I would really like to be able to get onto one of the tv debates in the run up to next years general election as I would ask David Cameron the questions that really should be asked and not the ones selected by the media.

Anyway come on BBC after you have read this I just wonder if you could please explain the questions to Ed Balls, then letting George Osborne accuse Labour of lying without asking about the 1% pay rise for Police, Fire Brigade and NHS workers.

Comments

• Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee Morris wrote: »
    Yesterday on his show Andrew Marr had both Ed Balls and George Osborne answering his questions:

To Ed Balls - He asked yet again for the umpteenth time if he would apologise for the financial crises.

To George Osborne - He let Mr Osborne have the cheek to accuse Labour of lying saying that the welfare bill during Labour's time in office was too high and they were not honest about it, he also said that voters should never trust a party who in the House of Commons vote for more money for those on benefits.

What Andrew Marr did not ask which he should have done is how the Scummy Tories can really justify treating those in vital Public Services such as Police, Fire but mainly the NHS show despicably by way of only giving them a 1% pay rise which is not even an across the board pay rise.

It was so obvious that Andrew is a Tory supporter and at a time when the BBC is suffering from cuts due to the Murdoch supporting Tories, they really should asking the questions that need to be asked rather than still bringing up questions that have been asked a number of times.

Honestly if I could and not only would I really like to but I hope I can I would really like to be able to get onto one of the tv debates in the run up to next years general election as I would ask David Cameron the questions that really should be asked and not the ones selected by the media.

Anyway come on BBC after you have read this I just wonder if you could please explain the questions to Ed Balls, then letting George Osborne accuse Labour of lying without asking about the 1% pay rise for Police, Fire Brigade and NHS workers.

Marr a Tory I have heard it all now he is so left wing he is off the pitch just like his Wife.
  • Options
    Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the programme and thought he was totally fair.

I suppose if you have strong views (left or right) you wouldn't be best placed to be able to judge if someone was impartial.

On another matter, they need to reshoot the opening sequence. Since his stroke Andrew Marr would not be able to ride a moped. Maybe do it again with a mobility scooter?
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw a bit where he was interviewing Alex Salmond and it seemed to go a bit wrong.
    Andrew Marr appeared to make a statement dismissively as if it was fact, and Alex Salmond pointed out that he thought he (Marr) was supposed to be asking questions.
    They managed to get back on track after one or two exchanges, but it was quite an awkward moment.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lee Morris wrote: »

Why has it taken two days to post this? Must be important.
  • Options
    Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw a bit where he was interviewing Alex Salmond and it seemed to go a bit wrong.
    Andrew Marr appeared to make a statement dismissively as if it was fact, and Alex Salmond pointed out that he thought he (Marr) was supposed to be asking questions.
    Quite an awkward moment.

The problem anyone has when interviewing Alex Salmond is his refusal to properly address the currency issue. I don't think all three major parties are bluffing when they say Scotland won't be allowed to keep the pound- but all he says is 'It's a bluff' but any serious politician should consider, and explain, to the electorate 'What if they're not bluffing?' Same with Scotland not automatically being allowed into the European Union. Another bluff?

Because he simply refuses to contemplate two things which are bound to happen he must be difficult to interview.
  • Options
    thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stopped watching the Andrew Marr show quite some time ago, not because of any left or right wing leanings, but because he is such a poor interviewer and lacks any polictical intellect...compare him to Andrew Neil, who runs rings around Politicians of all persuasions
  • Options
    pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    I have long thought Andrew Marr is like a rabbit caught between the headlights when talking to and about politics/politicians. Too dazzled to get a decent question to the person he is interviewing.
  • Options
    StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cut Marr some slack for the massive efforts he made to recover from his stroke - and is getting stronger every week - but I too have largely given up on this as it seems to be a season ticket for Balls and Harman to appear on and I have had more than enough of them.
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,160
    Forum Member
    I think Marr just sucks up to whoever is in charge at time, like quite of the BBC's political team.