Ben Haenow
I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith from Armageddon

Fleur East
Lady Marmalade by Pink, Mya, Christina Aguilera and Lil Kym from Moulin Rouge

Jay James
Skyfall by Adele from Skyfall

Stevi Ritchie
Footloose by Kenny Loggins from Footloose

Im Personally worried for Jay's, I love him but I don't think its a smart move giving him a song that big.

Comments

• Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Im worried for Andrea. ...listen??? May not be as good as Alexandra B!!!

Pauls song might be a hit though! !!
  • Options
    AliBaba2010AliBaba2010 Posts: 4,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excited for Only The Young... And that's it. Such predictable boring choices.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OTY have got the best song choice there. Fleur will be good, but it's all very predictable and in her comfort zone. Andrea's choice is terrible. Alexandra Burke absolutely smashed that song both on her own and when she sang it with Beyonce. It's just stupid to choose this song. Tamera didn't do it well last year and I don't think Andrea will either.
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    OTY have got the best song choice there. Fleur will be good, but it's all very predictable and in her comfort zone. Andrea's choice is terrible. Alexandra Burke absolutely smashed that song both on her own and when she sang it with Beyonce. It's just stupid to choose this song. Tamera didn't do it well last year and I don't think Andrea will either.

I think Jahmene did it well though :)
  • Options
    Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Ben getting lumbered with the Asteroid song. Some of these choices are so zzzzzzz it's not even funny.
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrea's song choices are so boring and predictable
  • Options
    EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another dire selection of songs, except for Boom Clap, which is the best song choice OTY have gotten so far. If they're not first in the running order or get screwed over by Brian Friedman's ridiculous productions again, I think they could have a moment with this song.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Your Saturday night borefest begins here

Another female song for Andrea FFS\
    Never saw Let It Go coming:D:D:p:p
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Andrea but he really needs to lay off the big female singers for a change. Or at least go back to some of the older classic big singers. Chain of Fools by Aretha Franklin would suit him. Or Janice Joplin's Maybe.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another boring mainly ballad night then
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Listen - yawn. Why not give him a big male song? Maybe he'll do it well, I dont know :confused::) Alex absolutely smashed that song, especially with Beyonce :)
    Giving another contestant the same song as Andrea did in his audition (Try a Little Tenderness) seems a bit :confused:
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    I think Jahmene did it well though :)

absolutely not.
    but Tamara was worse
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »
    absolutely not.
    but Tamara was worse

We agree to disagree on Jahmene then.

But if im being honest and a lot disagree but Trevin Hunte - Listen (Audition) from The Voice US Series 3 smashes Alexandra's out of the park. :)
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We agree to disagree on Jahmene then.

But if im being honest and a lot disagree but Trevin Hunte - Listen (Audition) from The Voice US Series 3 smashes Alexandra's out of the park. :)

He doesn't sing that with any passion at all. He has a good voice, but he just screams the song.
  • Options
    rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think they'll be AMAZING with that song!!

Also, as predictable as it may be, I love Ben's choice.........
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its predictable but I love Ben choice of song im glad he chose that song as I wanted him to sing that when I saw his audition.
  • Options
    ShAneOmaC2005ShAneOmaC2005 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boys

Andrea Faustini
    Listen by Beyoncé from Dreamgirls

Jack Walton
    Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor from Rocky

Jake Quickenden
    She's Like The Wind by Patrick Swayze from Dirty Dancing

Paul Akister
    Try A Little Tenderness by Otis Redding from The Commitments

Girls

Lauren Platt
    Let It Go by Demi Lovato from Frozen

Lola Saunders
    When You Believe by Mariah Carey from The Prince Of Egypt

Groups

Only The Young
    Boom Clap by Charli XCX from The Fault In Our Stars

Stereo Kicks
    Let It Be/Hey Jude (Medley) by The Beatles from Across The Universe

Overs

Ben Haenow

Fleur East

Jay James

Stevi Ritchie

Im Personally worried for Jay's, I love him but I don't think its a smart move giving him a song that big.

Andrea Faustini

Good song for his range and ability, will probably be better than last week BUT is at huge, huge risk of sounding boring, repetetive, diva like and a one trick pony..he has now done diva songs twice in a row... he may lose a lot of fans because of this, unless he truly stuns us with this performance. If this performance is not absolutely stunning then he will seriously dent his chances of winning. He is taking on songs from legendary diva queens of rnb and last week it was simply too big for a his male voice to cope with,,, if the same happens this week it could be the start of a rapid decline.

Verdict: He will break even and perform better this week, but will bore us.

Jack Walton

Not so sure how well this song is suited to his voice/style, but I have seen enough to convince me he can perform this to a high standard. This song won't sound so good if they stray too far from the original version, the lyrics and passion are simply best accompanied by a heavy rock accompaniment.

Verdict: Think he will struggle for the first time, but I think he may get mixed reactions.

Jake Quickenden

Perfect song choice and a very easy song to sing, provided it is not overdone. Will win back a LOT of fans if he can manage not to oversing this song and sing it as it should be sung. In a haunting style and slowly without too much vocal riffing. Save those riffs for the end with the bigger notes.

Verdict: If he listens to my advice he will be catapulted to the top 6. If he chooses to continue to be the 6th member of the backstreet boys and oversing this.. He will end up bottom 3 again and possibly out.

Paul Akister

Bit of a predictable song choice for my liking and a very popular song.. it is so well suited to Paul's tone and capability. Please don't overdo the opening lines with RIFFS THIS TIME! save that for the second part!

Verdict: Not the best song to win "performance of the night" but I know he will sing this one well with few problems.

Girls

Lauren Platt

HMMM Demi is an amazing singer. I think Lauren is more than capable of singing this. Decent song choice, I think Lauren can do this justice but she has a VERY different style to Demi.. Don't try to karaoke out this song or it will b your worst performance yet.

Verdict: I don't think it will be Lauren's best performance. But she will do a decent job,

Lola Saunders
    When You Believe by Mariah Carey/Whitney Houston from The Prince Of Egypt

OK this is make or break moment for Lola this song is absolutely massive, incredibly hard to sing, and a very, very brave song choice. However.. I am deep down hoping she has chosen this one so she can show us all what she can really do. I have only seen moments where she has been outstanding but other times seems to be in auto pilot. This really is not the song to sing on auto pilot. She must NOT try to sing this the same way as Whitney and Mariah did, stamp her own character on the song, really go for it and I am sure this could be her best performance.

Verdict: Lola's best performance so far maybe performance of the night. Lose the nerves now.

Groups

Only The Young

Excellent song choice, perfect for them.

Top 4 performance of the night.

Stereo Kicks

Why a medley? lol! "Let it be" would have been perfect if they could bother to do sme harmonies.. What they really want is to end this song with the nanananananan bit at the end of "Hey Jude". I think the first part will be one of their best in recent weeks, but the ending is very lazy and you can just picture them all doing nananannanaan at the end. Cheap shot to do a medley jst for that ending.

Verdict: First part will be good, second part predictable. Better performance from them but not enough to break into the top 6 yet.

Overs

Ben Haenow

Very good song choice for him, this is really the type of music he is suited to. He is no Steven Tyler though.

Verdict: A decent karaoke version of this song.

Fleur East

In major, major trouble. For the third time in a row she is doing a very predictable song choice, don't think the song is gripping enough and shes gnna dance around on stage out of breath yet again flashing her abs again..

Verdict: Again won't showcase any vocal talent... the boredom/ predictabilty factor might start to set in. I think shes in the bottom 3 this week.

Jay James

lol!!! If, as i strongly expect him to.. he pulls out that nasty nasal falsetto for the chorus, he is in major trouble here, i think he can do the verses ok but I think he will struggle in parts, probably his worst performance.

Verdict : Car crash.

Stevi Ritchie

Right up his street.

Verdict: Funny.
  • Options
    Dextor_MorganDextor_Morgan Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrea Faustini

Good song for his range and ability, will probably be better than last week BUT is at huge, huge risk of sounding boring, repetetive, diva like and a one trick pony..he has now done diva songs twice in a row... he may lose a lot of fans because of this, unless he truly stuns us with this performance. If this performance is not absolutely stunning then he will seriously dent his chances of winning. He is taking on songs from legendary diva queens of rnb and last week it was simply too big for a his male voice to cope with,,, if the same happens this week it could be the start of a rapid decline.

Verdict: He will break even and perform better this week, but will bore us.

Jack Walton

Not so sure how well this song is suited to his voice/style, but I have seen enough to convince me he can perform this to a high standard. This song won't sound so good if they stray too far from the original version, the lyrics and passion are simply best accompanied by a heavy rock accompaniment.

Verdict: Think he will struggle for the first time, but I think he may get mixed reactions.

Jake Quickenden

Perfect song choice and a very easy song to sing, provided it is not overdone. Will win back a LOT of fans if he can manage not to oversing this song and sing it as it should be sung. In a haunting style and slowly without too much vocal riffing. Save those riffs for the end with the bigger notes.

Verdict: If he listens to my advice he will be catapulted to the top 6. If he chooses to continue to be the 6th member of the backstreet boys and oversing this.. He will end up bottom 3 again and possibly out.

Paul Akister

Bit of a predictable song choice for my liking and a very popular song.. it is so well suited to Paul's tone and capability. Please don't overdo the opening lines with RIFFS THIS TIME! save that for the second part!

Verdict: Not the best song to win "performance of the night" but I know he will sing this one well with few problems.

Girls

Lauren Platt

HMMM Demi is an amazing singer. I think Lauren is more than capable of singing this. Decent song choice, I think Lauren can do this justice but she has a VERY different style to Demi.. Don't try to karaoke out this song or it will b your worst performance yet.

Verdict: I don't think it will be Lauren's best performance. But she will do a decent job,

Lola Saunders
    When You Believe by Mariah Carey/Whitney Houston from The Prince Of Egypt

OK this is make or break moment for Lola this song is absolutely massive, incredibly hard to sing, and a very, very brave song choice. However.. I am deep down hoping she has chosen this one so she can show us all what she can really do. I have only seen moments where she has been outstanding but other times seems to be in auto pilot. This really is not the song to sing on auto pilot. She must NOT try to sing this the same way as Whitney and Mariah did, stamp her own character on the song, really go for it and I am sure this could be her best performance.

Verdict: Lola's best performance so far maybe performance of the night. Lose the nerves now.

Groups

Only The Young

Excellent song choice, perfect for them.

Top 4 performance of the night.

Stereo Kicks

Why a medley? lol! "Let it be" would have been perfect if they could bother to do sme harmonies.. What they really want is to end this song with the nanananananan bit at the end of "Hey Jude". I think the first part will be one of their best in recent weeks, but the ending is very lazy and you can just picture them all doing nananannanaan at the end. Cheap shot to do a medley jst for that ending.

Verdict: First part will be good, second part predictable. Better performance from them but not enough to break into the top 6 yet.

Overs

Ben Haenow

Very good song choice for him, this is really the type of music he is suited to. He is no Steven Tyler though.

Verdict: A decent karaoke version of this song.

Fleur East

In major, major trouble. For the third time in a row she is doing a very predictable song choice, don't think the song is gripping enough and shes gnna dance around on stage out of breath yet again flashing her abs again..

Verdict: Again won't showcase any vocal talent... the boredom/ predictabilty factor might start to set in. I think shes in the bottom 3 this week.

Jay James

lol!!! If, as i strongly expect him to.. he pulls out that nasty nasal falsetto for the chorus, he is in major trouble here, i think he can do the verses ok but I think he will struggle in parts, probably his worst performance.

Verdict : Car crash.

Stevi Ritchie

Right up his street.

Verdict: Funny.

That's uncannily close to my thoughts on this weeks show, great post.
  • Options
    xfactorisgr8xfactorisgr8 Posts: 20,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So excited by OTY's choice!

Boom Clap is their chance to shine!
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm looking forward to Only The Young & Fleur's performances PS why does everyone keep moaning about Fleur's song choice :confused: it's a great song choice
  • Options
    KikiDafuqKikiDafuq Posts: 203
    Forum Member

I agree. Listen and Don't Wanna Miss a Thing especially must be the most over-performed songs on TV talent shows.