Options

VoIP Stunt

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I just sent another note to VOIP stunt regarding the 120 day credit malarky. There was a message at the end saying queries answered in the FAQ's would not be answered, so diligently did some searching and found this:

How long can I use my credit to make calls outside the VoipStunt network?

Credit in your VoipStunt balance remains active for 120 days after your last purchase. Credit balances on accounts with no activity during a 120 day period will be lost.

So, it reads to me, that as long as you are using the service, ie at least every 120 days, even to the free destinations, then your credit remains.
  • Options
    BexTechBexTech Posts: 12,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is how I read it too.
  • Options
    wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A couple of points:

1. Calls to free landlines are restricted to 60 minutes. Only found this out when my call was disconnected earlier this week. (You can reconnect again of course).

2. New call forwarding to VoIPStunt Numbers. The site says you can forward calls to any number and their normal rates apply. Does this mean calls routed to UK landlines remain free?

Answers to point 2 appreciated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    That's how I read it for point 2.
  • Options
    James ClaytonJames Clayton Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2. New call forwarding to VoIPStunt Numbers. The site says you can forward calls to any number and their normal rates apply. Does this mean calls routed to UK landlines remain free?

Answers to point 2 appreciated.

How would you forward incoming calls?

Thanks...
  • Options
    wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just use the VioIPStunt client. The new version has the call forwarding facility on the first section.

All you have to do is select call forwarding enabled and input the number or the VoIPStunt username you want to divert calls to. It also lets you choose when to divert from a drop down list.

Download the latest beta version of the VioIPStunt client and you should have all the facilities.
  • Options
    James ClaytonJames Clayton Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Forwarded call are the same as the rate that you are forwarding to so if your forwarding to a FREE destination then they are FREE and show up as an outgoing call on your bill. Theres also a chat feature added to VoipStunt now too by right clicking on the contact name. Basic but its a start
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    john.marks wrote:
    I just sent another note to VOIP stunt regarding the 120 day credit malarky. There was a message at the end saying queries answered in the FAQ's would not be answered, so diligently did some searching and found this:

How long can I use my credit to make calls outside the VoipStunt network?

Credit in your VoipStunt balance remains active for 120 days after your last purchase. Credit balances on accounts with no activity during a 120 day period will be lost.

So, it reads to me, that as long as you are using the service, ie at least every 120 days, even to the free destinations, then your credit remains.

I think you will find that your supposition is incorrect. I have recently had 2 e-mails from VoipCheap and SipDiscount (sister companies to VoipStunt) informing me that my credit is due to expire. If I want to continue using their services I will have to purchase more credit.
    With regard to SipDiscount, I initially credited my account with 5 euros on 10/10/2005, this credit is due to expire on 08/04/06 so I have been told.
    I would be very surprised therefore if VoipStunt didn't follow the same path.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone experience a delay in the connection after you have typed a phone number in using voipstunt on a PAP2? I have typed in 'S0' after the relevent x's in the dial plan but still get a slight delay, even on local calls.

Is this normal? it's not a major problem just wondered.

Thanks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Trapex...make sure you have S0 (a zero not an O) in your dialplan this will then force the PAP to dial immediately when the required amount of digits are dialled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks, i checked whether it was a zero and it was but still the same problem, i wonder if i have too many xxxx's, i'll have to check that tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    BexTech wrote:
    Dial Plan:

It's a case of googling and sifting through all the information, I can't remember the sites I used to get the idea from.

The whole dial plan must be surrouned in ().

<0:0044> Means when I dial 0 dial 0044 instead. [1-8] accept digits 1 thru 8 for the first digital after 0 dialled, then xx. allow for 2 or more digits.

<999:00441216874070> When 999 is dialled, dial 00441216874070 (West Midlands Police Switchboard)

<123:00442070431320> When 123 is dialled, dial 00442070431320 a Speaking Clock service run by an individual over a Sipgate connection based in the West Midlands using a London 020 number.

<:0044121>[2-8]xxxxxx When a local number is dialled which begins with the digit 2 thru 8 prefix number with 0044121 which is the international code for dialing Birmingham. xxxxxx accept six more digits after the 1st one.

These will need to be edited for your local area and number of digits in your local number.

Is it possible to use a Dial Plan with a Grandstream HT-486?

Thanks!
    Ben.
  • Options
    BexTechBexTech Posts: 12,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't look like you can, only option seems to be to add a dial prefix.