BT's database is wrong! How to update?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    8th September and BT still reports Blunsdon... I'll give it a couple more days and then give the CEO office a nudge.

Geoff M.
    Forum Member
    Hooray, BT is now reporting Haydon Wick exchange for my phone number, instead of Blunsdon. Boo, BE website is "not currently able to check the availability".

Geoff M.
  • ilovekrysilovekrys Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geoffm wrote: »
    Hooray, BT is now reporting Haydon Wick exchange for my phone number, instead of Blunsdon. Boo, BE website is "not currently able to check the availability".

Geoff M.
    now thats changed leave it a few days then you should be fine
    Forum Member
    BE have updated their records as well. Now to get the migration process underway...

Cheers

Geoff M.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Mine too,
    Andy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I put an order through last monday (15/09/08), but it was cancelled on friday with a comment that BT Openreach said there was NO BE LLU equipment in the Haydon Wick exchange???? Did your orders go through ok?

And more importantly; does anybody subscribe to BE ADSL2+ (LLU) on the Haydon Wick exchange?
    Forum Member
    Apperently all the lines that were migrated from Blunsdon need different tie cables in the Haydon Wick exchange, whatever that means, and only BT are able to supply us with broadband (until that is sorted I assume). I suggest you all "complain" to BE and get them to put pressure on BT, assuming thats where the problem is.
    Forum Member
    Must admit I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll try to get it underway next week and apply pressure. I can probably get the local rag to print a small article again - it did wonders last time!

Sorry runel, only just noticed your PM.

Geoff.
    Forum Member
    I have had another reply from BE:

"Bt confirmed that your phone line was migrated over to Haydon Wick exchange. Unfortunately, they advised us that your line can be provided with ADSL only with the equipment of BT Wholesale.
    Under these circumstances, we should close your account."

What?? we are stuck with BT Wholesale? Not only did it takes us years to get the lines migrated (get broadband), we are now stuck with BT on an exchange they havent even got plans to upgrade to ADSL2+?
    Forum Member
    That's ridiculous! If BE have the equipment in the exchange, why can't they connect any phone lines to it?!?! There must be something in the competition rules about this as BT would effectively have a monopoly on the exchange.

I've applied to BE but I'm waiting for my MAC code from BT. Supposed to take up to 5 working days; no idea why it takes so long.

Geoff M.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I have tried to migrate to O2 and the order has been declined three times by the automated system - O2 are looking into it....
    Seeing the posts I am not hopeful:cry:
    Andy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    geoffm wrote: »
    That's ridiculous! If BE have the equipment in the exchange, why can't they connect any phone lines to it?!?! There must be something in the competition rules about this as BT would effectively have a monopoly on the exchange.

I've applied to BE but I'm waiting for my MAC code from BT. Supposed to take up to 5 working days; no idea why it takes so long.

Geoff M.

BT have opened the exchanges up to other CP's under the competition rules. wether the other CP's choose to install their kit in the exchange is down to them. for some strange reason they only seem to target the exchanges with the large customer base. can't see why myself.
    Forum Member
    BT have opened the exchanges up to other CP's under the competition rules. wether the other CP's choose to install their kit in the exchange is down to them. for some strange reason they only seem to target the exchanges with the large customer base. can't see why myself.

openreachpeep: BE/O2 does have equipment in the exchange, however they are unable to connect us (who migrated) to their equipment.. We dont yet know if this is down to Be or BT.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    runel wrote: »
    openreachpeep: BE/O2 does have equipment in the exchange, however they are unable to connect us (who migrated) to their equipment.. We dont yet know if this is down to Be or BT.

ah, very sorry. :cry: they are probably awaiting the installation of "TAM" test ports, which i think are put in by our contractors.
    Forum Member
    Received from BE today:
    "BT records for supplied tie pair number suggest tie pair may already be in use."

Order is still active though.

Geoff M.
    Forum Member
    Damn, they've cancelled my order as well.

"Dear Geoff, I would like to inform you that our order has been cancelled by BT. We are are investigating with BT and will update you further. Kind regards, Pepi/Be* Provisioning"

Time to get on to the CEO's office again.

Geoff M.
    Forum Member
    This might mean something to somebody.

"Amend Tie Pair order has been rejected by BT. Error Code : 1520 , Error Message : It is not possible to Amend the order as your order status is cancelled/complete/cancellation request/cancellation pending/amend request/amend pending"

Email to cceo@bt.com sent.

Geoff M.
    Forum Member
    When questioned as to whether anybody in Haydon Wick has BE access:

"We have active customers in Haydon Wick but at the moment we are not able progress new orders. Kind regards, Pepi/Be* Provisioning"

Geoff M.
    Forum Member
    My order has attempted to go through 5-6 times now (it keeps retrying), and still no joy. I am also none the wiser as to what is being done to fix this problem - I assume BE still wants our custom?

Anybody else heard anything?
  • Mk VIIMk VII Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    tie pairs are internal cable connections from one part of the exchange to another part (or one row of equipment to another). They may be discrete pairs of wires or bundled up in a cable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I am yet another person who seems to be suffering at the hands of BT. Having lived in Oakhurst for about 4 years I have always had a slow Broadband connection from Blunsdon Exchange. As with others I was cut off during the migration to Haydon Wick. I am now trying to change ISP and the problems begin.
    Like everyone else our phone was still listed as Blundson Exchange. On trying to order through O2 they cancelled my order as I was too far from Blunsdon Exchange. However a couple of emails to the CEO Office at BT on the suggested e-mail apparently resolved this. They BT ADSL site now lists my number as Haydon Wick Exchange. Contacted O2 again who now said they could now progress the order. I was given an activation date. Yet two days before the date O2 called and said there was a fault on the line, although it would only take two extra days for BT to replace the Tie Pairs n Haydon Wick Exchange.
    Two more days passed and I got another call to say the order had again been cancelled. After about 30 mins on the phone to O2 I was finally told that the request to move my line to O2 equipment was cancelled by BT!

The reason given was that although my line is in Haydon Wick Exchange it is still associated with Blunsdon Exchange. Apparently BT/OpenReach told O2 that the only way I can swap to O2 is to get a new phone number from BT that comes from Haydon Wick!

Now I don't see how a new number from an exchange that I am apparently already connected to will help. So another e-mail to BT to which I am still awaiting a response.
    Forum Member
    Mark: I've had a similar experience to you.. After having had my order pending for about a month I got a phone call last week to say that the "problem" had been sorted, and would I try again.. My order went through, a cease was placed on my BT line for the ADSL, and everything was looking good.. Until BE got in touch to tell me there was still a "problem" with my line, and they would have to cancel my order.. It was a struggle to cancel the cease on my line as I didnt want to end up without broadband, but it was finally cancelled, and Im sticking with my current provider.. BE is starting to look very weak now, have they got no power over BT to get BT to sort this problem out?
    Forum Member
    Just for everybodys information; Enablement date for ADSL2+ has now been set to 31/03/2011 for the Haydon Wick exchange. 2 1/2 YEARS UNTIL WE CAN GET ADSL2+!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    New on here, but reading the messages it looks like I am in the same situation, phone no. and postcode report that I am on the Blunsdon exchange however my isp states that I am on the Haydon Wick exchange. Contacted the e-mail address as shown on previous emails cceo@bt.com and got a phone call from the asistant to the chairman the following day. He told me that as far as BT were concerned I am still on the Blunsdon exchange, when I questioned the fact that my broadband speed is between 6.5 and 7meg and being allegedly 7.5km from the Blunsdon exchange could he explain how it was possible for me to get that speed, he couldn't give me an answer, but he felt it was quite likely that my suspicion that my exchange was different was correct, but as my broadband isn't provided by them they can't do anything about it and I should speak to my current provider who should be able to get my exchange changed to the correct one and there was nothing further he could do and thanked me for contacting them. If you are wondering what my problem is I am tryin to change providers and because of this error I can't, their inabillity to accept their error causes us the end user to have no real choice other than going with BT and thus denying us the ability to choose our desired service, therefore stifling any competition in the area, having done a wifi scan of the area I find that nearly all ap's are through BT with (like myself) a few connections to sky, so is there anybody out there that has actual evidence that they are indeed on the Haydon Wick exchange, or are all those who were told we'd been migrated not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    After a couple more e-mails to the CEO Office and waiting for them to investigate the issue with Openreach I have had an official response regarding the problem, although not the ideal solution. This is the response from BT (Given I am trying to swap ISP from Virgin to O2),

"Openreach have advised there are 2 solutions to the matter regarding your application for Broadband.

The quickest solution would be to renumber the telephone service with a telephone number that is recognised as a Haydon number.

If you do not wish to change your telephone number, there are ongoing discussions with O2 for long term solutions. 1 is for O2 to install a second DSLAM into Haydon Wick which will then recognise Blunsdon numbers as on Haydon. However power and space is limited. Openreach are also looking into changing the number structuring. Both these are long term solutions, especially the latter and I have been advised it is hard to give any timescale on them."

So basically if you want to swap ISP after the Exchange Migration it appears you need a new number.