Options

4.3 on NEXUS 4

Comments

• Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had thought that since my Nexus 7 got the 4.3 update is morning that my Nexus 4 would have got the update by now.

Darren
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ney wrote: »
    I had thought that since my Nexus 7 got the 4.3 update is morning that my Nexus 4 would have got the update by now.

Darren

Are you still not reading the damn thread? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    there are a couple of issues with this.

it can break google play.

Just sign out and back in again and its fixed, hardly breaking it really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you still not reading the damn thread? :rolleyes:

What you on about or is this you trying to be funny.
    Anyway the new Keep app that got added to my Nexus 7 with the update looks a good app.

Darren
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ney wrote: »
    What you on about or is this you trying to be funny.
    Anyway the new Keep app that got added to my Nexus 7 with the update looks a good app.

Darren

He is referring to the fact that it's random and has been mentioned at the start of the thread. Nether of my devices have had the update yet, just be patient, it will come.
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    The Sack wrote: »
    Just sign out and back in again and its fixed, hardly breaking it really.

does nobody read the thread any more.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why cant people just wait for the update? Only 4 days left max to wait.

Because that's not the reason that we bought the Nexus 4!! We like tinkering and living on the edge! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit it is odd how they do these updates, you would think it would be first come first served but I'm still waiting on both my N4 and N7 while people I know who only got there's recently got the update a few days ago.
  • Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just updated and a bunch of books got added to Google Play Books - free ones. Never had those before!
  • Options
    pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are the books? They seem to randomly throw in out-of-copyright books now and again - I have Frankenstein, Price and Prejudice, Treasure Island and a couple of others that they've chucked my way. Embarrassingly I've never read any of them so having them appear in Books may well be the kick up the backside I need to actually read some of our classic literature...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are the books? They seem to randomly throw in out-of-copyright books now and again - I have Frankenstein, Price and Prejudice, Treasure Island and a couple of others that they've chucked my way. Embarrassingly I've never read any of them so having them appear in Books may well be the kick up the backside I need to actually read some of our classic literature...

The books I have are Treasure Island, Fairy Tailes, The Three muskertees, Alice in Wonderland and Only Time Will Tell and my Nuxus 4 has not had the 4.3 update yet.

Darren
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep, I have Alice's Advertures in Wonderland, Frankenstein, Pride and Prejudice, The Three Musketeers, Treasure Island, and Wonderful Stories for Children (Hans Christian Andersen). I've read a couple of those. Always nice to have a book or two on hand in case you get delayed somewhere. :)
  • Options
    carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had the update on both my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7. The Nexus 7 downloaded and installed the update first whilst tethered to my Nexus 4. The Nexus 4 wouldn't let me download the update over mobile data and I had to wait until I was at a relatives to hop on to their wifi.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still no sign on the update on my N4 or N7, certainly taking its time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »

Yes my Nexus 7 got updated Saturday morning but like you sill no sign of my Nexus 4 being updated yet. Will see if it gets updated by the end of the week.

Darren
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    finbaar wrote: »
    Awful at pushing out updates? You are not serious. Google want to avoid all the problems Apple have when they push upadtes and crash their servers. And Google put the factory images out there straight away for anyone to download and flash.

Still think that?
  • Options
    slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »

No sign on my n4 either yet. Getting close to a week since it was released surely shouldn't take that long?
  • Options
    alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    slick1two wrote: »
    No sign on my n4 either yet. Getting close to a week since it was released surely shouldn't take that long?

It shouldn't to but it does tend to be quite slow...I'm waiting on my Nexus 7 getting updated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its just been sent to my nexus 7

So far, I can't see any difference
  • Options
    slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its just been sent to my nexus 7

So far, I can't see any difference

Won't be much, most of it, is just optimizations here and there. The real big one will be 5.0. So i'm not overly fussed that I haven't received the update yet.

Just got 4.2 on my HTC One though. Going to be a while before 4.3 hits. May be better to jump to 5.0 for the One and other non nexus devices that don't have 4.3 yet.
  • Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    does nobody read the thread any more.

Where you are concerned obviously not by the look of things ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slick1two wrote: »
    Won't be much, most of it, is just optimizations here and there. The real big one will be 5.0. So i'm not overly fussed that I haven't received the update yet.

Just got 4.2 on my HTC One though. Going to be a while before 4.3 hits. May be better to jump to 5.0 for the One and other non nexus devices that don't have 4.3 yet.

I like that changes they have made to user accounts with limited access and so forth, that's or reason I would like the update at some point lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Nexus 4 finally updated to 4.3 the night. Like with my Nexus 7 I don't notice that many changes. A part from I can't download BBCi player to my Nexus 4. I should have downloaded it before I got the update to my Nexus 4.

Darren
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think, although this is a little anecdotal, that the 4.3 upgrade has improved battery life. I seem to be getting at least a day and a half use now, even with web browsing, the odd game etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Nexus 7 is updating as we speak but still no update for my Nexus 4.