OMG Jenna

13»

Comments

• MikaRimmerMikaRimmer Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've liked her since the start , but its mainly down to her performance , I really don't think the writing has given her enough character yet , she's often used as a plot device , and the writing often treats her as 'second best' like they did Martha , for instance I thought it incredibly rude that the Doc was thinking of Amy at the end of his 'life' while Clara was standing right there .
    it was kinda like how Martha was treated - as 'not Rose' .

Maybe that's why I like Clara so much, she's second best, and that's exactly what I loved Martha for because I found it relatable
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it incredibly rude that the Doc was thinking of Amy at the end of his 'life' while Clara was standing right there .

But he didn't ignore Clara. He saw Amy then he looked at Clara again. He could see she was upset, smiled at her in reassurance and reached for her hand. People made a thing of Amy being the first and last face he saw but she wasn't. I think it was fitting that both of those two were 'with' him at the end because they're the two who meant the most to him.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    But he didn't ignore Clara. He saw Amy then he looked at Clara again. He could see she was upset, smiled at her in reassurance and reached for her hand. People made a thing of Amy being the first and last face he saw but she wasn't. I think it was fitting that both of those two were 'with' him at the end because they're the two who meant the most to him.

That's how I saw it. So actually Eleven's last word was a gentle, reassuring "Hey." Worked for me. And of course he knew he was going to still be with Clara, just in a new incarnation. Obviously she was shocked to actually see the change, and upset to 'lose' her Doctor...but she's well versed in the whole concept of regeneration. Looking forward to how Clara and the new Doctor interact.