The Big Holby City Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed tonights episode but it felt like the end of an era with the exit of Hugh Quarshie, i'm actually sad about that and it has really dampened my mood. I'm a mature adult male with a heart of stone, who does not get upset but for some reason i had tears in my eyes at his departing i'm actually ashamed to admit that.

:eek: what?? that was rick actually leaving? :cry:
    its not just a break?? :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping Ric was just having a break and would return, having made a full recovery, in a few weeks. Holby would not be the same without Ric!
  • princesstinprincesstin Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping Ric was just having a break and would return, having made a full recovery, in a few weeks. Holby would not be the same without Ric!

Yes, Amanda Mealing just tweeted that he'll be back.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Ric really left? Oh I really hope not.
  • GlanbraintGlanbraint Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was taking sick leave so there would be no savings as he would get at least 6 months on full pay and 6 on half (if the same as teaching). So not very realistic!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andrewj123 wrote: »
    23rd November! Ages away :(

its only 2 or 3 episodes away
  • andrewj123andrewj123 Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was me that asked Amanda :P
  • princesstinprincesstin Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cool! :)
  • sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank goodness for that - I can stop crying now then! :o

I loved tonight's episode - great to see Chrissie back, fantastic to see Jess - even if only for one episode (I still kind of wish she'd have ended up with Zubin though)

I can't believe how much my attitude to Sacha has changed since he was first introduced. I just couldn't see him with Chrissie at all - now I'm yelling at the telly - "stay in with Sacha, he's probably the best man you will ever meet in your whole life" :o

I thought Patsy Kensitt was brilliant tonight - she plays quite a convincing loony! I actually felt quite sorry for Faye, that noone seemed to be seeing what was going on - she isn't just lying any more, she's believing her lies - very creepy and the email thing reminded me of Jack's "all work and no play" in The Shining :eek:

Jac - bitch as ever - just how we love her!

Joseph - so strong tonight - yum :p

Ric - what can I say? I've only just stopped crying - I love his relationship with Donna so much - noone else would ever dare to speak to him the way she does. I also loved Elizabeth's gasp as Ric gave his speech. She really has a soft spot for him too and it seems to be mutual - I hope this is picked up on again when he returns.

Complaints about the episode? Only one - no Connie, but even without her, I really enjoyed tonight. :)

ETA: No Frieda either :(
  • sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks for asking her - otherwise I might still be :cry::cry::cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sofieellis wrote: »
    I can't believe how much my attitude to Sacha has changed since he was first introduced. I just couldn't see him with Chrissie at all - now I'm yelling at the telly - "stay in with Sacha, he's probably the best man you will ever meet in your whole life" :o

I thought Patsy Kensitt was brilliant tonight - she plays quite a convincing loony! I actually felt quite sorry for Faye, that noone seemed to be seeing what was going on - she isn't just lying any more, she's believing her lies - very creepy and the email thing reminded me of Jack's "all work and no play" in The Shining :eek:

(

Our house is turning into a bit of a Patsy fan club. After my embarassing admission to being a bit smitten (platonic) with her on Strictly, tonight my OH said, out of the blue, I just want put my arm round her. How sad are we?:o

Totally agree about Sacha. He's a brilliant character.
  • Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our house is turning into a bit of a Patsy fan club. After my embarassing admission to being a bit smitten (platonic) with her on Strictly, tonight my OH said, out of the blue, I just want put my arm round her. How sad are we?:o

Totally agree about Sacha. He's a brilliant character.
    On a scale of one to ten, eleven
  • Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still love Jess. How much better is it to watch an episode and get a pleasant surprise like that having not read any spoilers?
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank you very much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    yep patsy kensit has been great...and i dont mind admitting feeling sorry for faye :p

great news about ric...

jess and zubin...ah yes!!

:D was pmsl at jacs 'oh no he thinks im a bitch' comment (or similar)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    I realised yesterday that when Joseph and Faye leave, Linden will leave, too. I know he's gone already but Faye's constant going on and general weirdness is keeping him in the programme. And I think I will miss that when she goes... NOT that I will miss her, you understand :D

^^Not really a spoiler but I thought I'd better put tags around it just in case!

I really do miss Linden :( I thought her sending him an email was really sad and I did feel a pang of sadness for loony Faye... this is a significant given that I have hated her ever since the episode where Jac and Joe got trapped in the theatre!

I know I shouldn't, but I really do like Hanssen! Me thinks there's a side of him we haven't met yet, and that there's much more to him than some git who has been brought in to make everyone's life difficult. I think he genuinely has got the hospital's best interests at heart. The way he shot Connie down a couple of weeks ago was brilliant, and did anyone else pick up on their conversation in theatre, about him not training to be a CT consultant but sticking with GS instead? I think she said something along the lines of CT being the top/best of medicine, and how the body can't survive without the heart. Then he said how a heart can be replaced by a mere machine the size of a cigarette lighter while other organs can become damaged but grow back. He said the kidneys can still filter out the poison. I thought this was brilliant, how they were both referring to Connie as the "heart" of the hospital but that she could be replaced and the rest of the staff could rebuild and get rid of what was bringing the hospital down in the first place. Genius :D

He and Ric I think will have a good working relationship once Ric returns. Their scene in the office and also the "goodbye" scene for Ric: "our staff are our best asset"- repeating Hanssen's earlier words- showed that Ric is willing to co-operate with Hanssen and because of that I think while they might not like each other, they will respect each other. Unlike Connie who went over Hanssen's head and made Nicky redundant last week!

Jac and Sacha were FAB!! I think she's going to become very protective of him now that Chrissie's back!

One thing I didn't quite understand- why were Jac, Sacha AND Greg all on AAU?? Especially when Michael was there too! Even Ric put in an appearance! Poor old Joe was running Darwin singlehandedly!! :D
  • meelymunchmeelymunch Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Was Jess really in the programme at the same time as Faye ?

When she spoke to her last night in the lift i just thought that they were in the show at different times and hadn't overlapped.
  • McBrien76McBrien76 Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    meelymunch wrote: »
    Was Jess really in the programme at the same time as Faye ?

When she spoke to her last night in the lift i just thought that they were in the show at different times and hadn't overlapped.

Briefly.

They appeared in 2 episodes together. 'Leap of Faith' 24 April 2007 and 'Deep Dark Truthful Mirror', 1 May 2007. Which was Jess's last appearance before yesterday.

Jess had ceased to be a regular by then having only made two appearances in 2006. Her last appearance as a regular character was in October 2005.

Faye first appeared on 30 January 2007 and became a regular from March onwards
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am relieved that Ric has not gone forever.

Miss Frieda!
  • greygrey Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I am relieved that Ric has not gone forever.

Miss Frieda!

Anyone know why Frieda has been missing these last few weeks?
    She's an excellent character and an excellent actress
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grey wrote: »
    Anyone know why Frieda has been missing these last few weeks?
    She's an excellent character and an excellent actress

Frieda went back to night shift

she's back on the 23rd

Penny and Michael encourage Frieda to come back on to the day shift permanently. She's reluctant about working with smooth operator Michael. Can he persuade her to go back to AAU after she helps crack a difficult medical case?

found this interview with OLGA FEDORI

http://pjensi.wordpress.com/2010/03/24/the-booze-talkin-my-exclusive-interview-with-olga-fedori/

(OMG the pics are hott)
  • cats_fivecats_five Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity Yetunde probably won't be a new character - I rather liked her, and her approach to Oliver. The Faye story is getting interesting as well. Sasha's jealousy was so barely concealed, and there is a severe risk of Jac having a hint of a sense of (warped) humour.

But Ric was the star for me. He has the sort of charisma the other doctors would kill for, though Elizabeth Tait's reaction to him leaving was a bit OTT. He seems to have genuine compassion for staff and patients. How can he have hugged Jesse without noticing that bump though?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it me or is this episode more than just a tad random...
    ...smorgasbord!

not as random as jac and that eye cream though!!
    that was hilarious

lol the fayebot is so convincing as a loon cos she has had so much botox she cant express emotions anyway which is why she was crap any other time
  • OpaqueOpaque Posts: 5,286
    Forum Member
    h007 wrote: »
    not as random as jac and that eye cream though!!
    that was hilarious

I loved all that. And it does show that she does care for Sasha in a way too. Yeah Chrissie is being a right bitch, hate women like that.
This discussion has been closed.