A Knighthood for Simon?

2»

Comments

• Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    How would anyone know if Simon hadn't done any charity work? I have lost a lot of respect for him but from things said over the years I get the impression that he does actually give a lot to charity. Some of it came out on his This is Your Life. He doesn't make a big deal about it. which is why not many people seem aware of it. Of course if one was cynical one would say that he has made sure that some of it gets to be known,

i didn't say he hadn't done any, i just siad as far as i know he hasn't. anyway like i said there are more deserving peoppple out there.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    dr2012 wrote: »
    I actually think be thoroughly deserves it. Been expecting him to get one for a while tbh, so hope if actually happens now...

For what? Consistently conning the public and heaping shit music on us? I don't think so:mad:
  • PeterWDPeterWD Posts: 1,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    For what? Consistently conning the public and heaping shit music on us? I don't think so:mad:
    No one is forcing you to watch X Factor. No one is forcing you to listen to the music performed by those who survive to the last stages of the show. No one is forcing you to read about the show and the "singers" in the media.

There are plenty of other programmes on TV, plenty of other singers and types of music online, on TV, downloadable, and purchasable on CD and DVD, and plenty of other news and articles in the media.

Make your own choices and ignore those who follow X Factor.

As for "conning the public and heaping shit music on us" the X Factor is not a singing competition for the best singers in the country. It is really one long audition with the public voting for their favourites. I'm sure that all the viewers understand that they are not watching and listening to established good singers.

In footballing terms X Factor is not the English Premier League. It more like a local league that plays its matches in public parks.

Often the lower leagues have more entertaining matches than can be seen in the Premier League even though the players are much less skilled.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please god no
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    He's brought a lot to the industry, and done a hell of a lot of charity work.

Yeah I think he deserves it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cent wrote: »
    Why are you on here then? Everytime you click on a page its another hit for digitalspy's XF coverage, making them more money, meaning they will cover it even more in the future. Same with all other types of media. You are one of those who is helping to fuel it.

Why are you on here then?, you might as well as scrap DS,
    if it's only an Appreciation Society, where everybody agrees that every TV show is brilliant.
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hamigo wrote: »
    The public need a knighthood for having his shite talent shoved down our throats,
    and by the media who plaster his blatent PR all over the TV and Newspapers.

:D:D:D
  • chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cent wrote: »
    Why are you on here then? Everytime you click on a page its another hit for digitalspy's XF coverage, making them more money, meaning they will cover it even more in the future. Same with all other types of media. You are one of those who is helping to fuel it.

I am mainly on here to look at posts like yours :D
  • Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He certainly does NOT deserve it for music. He is a shrewd businessman and makes good tv that people around the world want to watch, so would probably deserve it for that.
  • Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    As much as I cannot stand him as a person, he's created a television event that unites the entire country and inspires everyone to have an opinion on it, making it a daily talking point when it's on the television. He's also discovered Leona Lewis and made her an international star as well as reigniting interest in the charts. Although 90% of what he puts out is crap, there is 10% there that is reasonably good, that combined with the impact he's had on popular culture would suggest that he's eligible. As a person, he's quite sickening, but ah well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    yes

he shouldve been knighted years ago..Sir Simon Cowell.sounds good :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Oh really, maybe he gets one for the FIX FACTOR
  • Basildon bondBasildon bond Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that he gets it & marries Cheryl Cole... Hmmm Lady Cheryl...That would make the haters explode lol
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair he has done a lot for the entertainment industry. Love the shows or loathe them, they are fantastically popular and always a talking point in my placew of work and no doubt in others too:)
    As for charity work, it's not fair to judge him without knowing - many rich & famous people do a lot for charity without particularly publicising it. On American Idol Gives Back he was helping African villages, on Millionnaire he donated to Battersea Dog's Home which I believe he is a patron of, to name but two.
  • PeterWDPeterWD Posts: 1,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    To be fair he has done a lot for the entertainment industry. Love the shows or loathe them, they are fantastically popular and always a talking point in my placew of work and no doubt in others too:)
    As for charity work, it's not fair to judge him without knowing - many rich & famous people do a lot for charity without particularly publicising it. On American Idol Gives Back he was helping African villages, on Millionnaire he donated to Battersea Dog's Home which I believe he is a patron of, to name but two.
    There is a list of Simon's charitable work here:
    http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/511-simon-cowell
    It may not be complete.

The Daily Mail said this afternoon:
    Arise Sir X Factor: Simon Cowell tipped for a knighthood for services to charity (and music, too)

By Lara Gould
    Last updated at 2:47 PM on 19th December 2010

Simon Cowell is being tipped for a knighthood in the Queen's New Year's Honours List.

The Mail on Sunday understands that the 51-year-old X Factor judge and media mogul is being lined up for the title when the 2011 Honours list is unveiled on December 31.

According to sources, Cowell has been supported by senior Labour and Conservative politicians because of the contribution he has made to the music and entertainment industry.

The Mail on Sunday understands Cowell will be offered the knighthood, rather than a lesser title such as MBE or OBE, because his work is at a national and international level.

The knighthood is primarily an acknowledgement of Cowell’s charity fundraising for victims of the Haiti earthquake earlier this year.

In January, then Prime Minister Gordon Brown called Cowell personally asking for his help putting together a Band Aid-style charity record to raise money for victims of the disaster.

The single, a cover of REM’s 1993 single Everybody Hurts, featured global stars including Mariah Carey, Kylie Minogue and Rod Stewart as well as Leona Lewis and Susan Boyle – who were both discovered by Cowell through his TV series The X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent.

The single topped the charts in the first week of its release, selling more than 600,000 copies and raising more than £1million, with all the profits donated to the Disasters Emergency Committee.

Cowell is also patron of the charity Children’s Hospices UK and has supported Great Ormond Street Hospital through charity singles released by X Factor finalists.

Next year’s honours will be formally announced by Buckingham Palace in two weeks and are expected to see Cowell assume the title Sir Simon.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1339867/Queens-New-Years-Honours-List-2011-X-Factors-Simon-Cowell-tipped-knighthood.html#ixzz18aEUPC4S