One trouser leg longer than the other, help

StaceySkyStaceySky Posts: 570
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi,
Recently I have been noticing that when I'm wearing my trousers, one trouser leg is longer then the other by about half an inch (complete guess). I think it was my left trouser leg that looks shorter. Yet when I lye the trousers down the leg length are the same. I have noticed this in three different pair of trousers which are from different stores, two pairs from NEXT the other from New Look.
I'm really worried now as I need to wear them for work, I don't want to walk around looking like an idiot. It's so frustrating and upsetting.
I wore trousers at school and trousers always fitted me fine, no problem with the legs. So why now?

Has anyone else had the same problem as me? What do I do?

Comments

• JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take them in to a good dry cleaner, and ask them to do it. You will need to say how much you want taken off to get them the same length. I have had shoulder padding removed on a suit, and zips replaced etc. all at reasonable cost and quick.
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suggest you see an osteopath . Sounds like ypur hips are out of line causing one leg to be shorter
    Its often a problem with how the pelvis sits
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    I suggest you see an osteopath . Sounds like ypur hips are out of line causing one leg to be shorter
    Its often a problem with how the pelvis sits

I'd suggest this too. I found out that my right leg is smaller than the left.

It completely explained why for years - the right leg on all my trousers have been frayed from trailing on the floor!
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have this but only really noticeable when I wear shorts. Turns out I have slight curvature of the spine so I am slightly out of alignment. Perhaps do as Johnbee suggests?
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. Posture.
    If the trouser leg lengths are identical then there's an issue with your posture or, you have a minor imbalance between your right and left leg.
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you do need to adjust trouser leg length, I like this stuff

https://www.google.co.uk/search?pws=0&gl=uk&q=iron+on+hem+tape&gws_rd=ssl