EE- How Does Phil Own The Queen Vic

Shane ParrishShane Parrish Posts: 2,598
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can somebody tell me how Phil owns the Quuen Vic and collects rent money from Alfie.

Comments

• Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peggy signed it over to him
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil also owns people.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,953
    Forum Member
    kyri wrote: »
    Phil also owns people.

:rolleyes: he hasnt said that in ageeeees
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    Phil also owns people.

So true..
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poxy signed the pub over to Peggy, she left and signed it over to Phil and now he rents it out to Alfie.
  • Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    Poxy signed the pub over to Peggy, she left and signed it over to Phil and now he rents it out to Alfie.

will Alfie sub let it to Shirley? Find out on the next episode of...:D
  • 15 minutes15 minutes Posts: 12,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    will Alfie sub let it to Shirley? Find out on the next episode of...:D

He should sublet it to Tracey ;)
  • phasersphasers Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    15 minutes wrote: »
    He should sublet it to Tracey ;)

Who will sublet to Roxy.

The circle is complete!
  • Ocelot ThomasOcelot Thomas Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    Why pay 3 grand a year to rent a pub?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phasers wrote: »
    Who will sublet to Roxy.

The circle is complete!

Who will lose it in a game of snap with Dot Cotton.
  • phasersphasers Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who will lose it in a game of snap with Dot Cotton.

Who will sell it to Mo Harris in exchange for a few cartons of smokes because pubs are dens of sin and debauchery
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we really to believe that Peggy left Phil the pub when he was in that cracked out state?????
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd be pissed off if I was Roxy
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,953
    Forum Member
    I'd be pissed off if I was Roxy

she didnt want it
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Why pay 3 grand a year to rent a pub?

Assuming you're not joking, its £500 a week.
    You rent a business premises to conduct business and turn a profit, in this case a Pub.

Kat also raised the obvious question, as to why they're paying £500 a week to rent a pub that isn't actually a working pub.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she didnt want it

She could have rented it out like Phil is doing :p
  • tfox6tfox6 Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could have rented it out like Phil is doing :p

Who's paying for the repairs - Phil, Alfie or Roxie ?
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The golden rule of EastEnders is that the Vic must be owned by either the Watts or the Mitchells so even though Alfie and Kat will be running the pub it is still owned by Phil - just like Alfie's last stint as manager.

Although its ridiculous that Peggy handed her beloved pub over to Phil who at the time was addicted to crack and had just torched the place. But I'm kind of glad she did because i would much rather Phil own the place than Roxy.
  • OpaqueOpaque Posts: 5,286
    Forum Member
    tfox6 wrote: »
    Who's paying for the repairs - Phil, Alfie or Roxie ?

The insurance presumably as they were left with no money before the fire.

The answer to why is Alfie paying £1000 a fortnight is because he's an idiot who can't work out a deal to save his life when trying to make grand judgements?
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Opaque wrote: »
    The insurance presumably as they were left with no money before the fire.
    But surely the insurance people could've worked out that the fire did not start accidentally? They must be a very trusting insurance company. I don't even remember them interviewing the likes of Phil and Peggy about events the night of the fire.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The golden rule of EastEnders is that the Vic must be owned by either the Watts or the Mitchells so even though Alfie and Kat will be running the pub it is still owned by Phil - just like Alfie's last stint as manager.

Although its ridiculous that Peggy handed her beloved pub over to Phil who at the time was addicted to crack and had just torched the place. But I'm kind of glad she did because i would much rather Phil own the place than Roxy.

Me to am enjoying the big man Phil again running things :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    But surely the insurance people could've worked out that the fire did not start accidentally? They must be a very trusting insurance company. I don't even remember them interviewing the likes of Phil and Peggy about events the night of the fire.

Noone seems to have queried how the Queen Vic burnt down.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    toby4000 wrote: »
    Noone seems to have queried how the Queen Vic burnt down.

As far as we know the insurance came round, found nothing untoward or they could prove, a Pub is full of accelerant after all and that was the end of that.

More importantly the script writers had bigger fish to fry with Alfie, Kat and more stupid money making nonsense.
    We've been left to write our own backstory here, because they can't be ar$ed.
    btw How would the insurance know it wasn't an accident?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    their immediate assumption is that it's not an accident (or that someone has been negligent) and work to try and prove that wrong (how do you think they get away with not paying out so often?)

I mean Peggy and Phil were having a screaming row not 10ft away from a pubful of punters, you'd think someone would have heard it wouldn't you

but it's EE after all.....
  • tfox6tfox6 Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    their immediate assumption is that it's not an accident (or that someone has been negligent) and work to try and prove that wrong (how do you think they get away with not paying out so often?)

I mean Peggy and Phil were having a screaming row not 10ft away from a pubful of punters, you'd think someone would have heard it wouldn't you

but it's EE after all.....

If the insurance rally did pay out, it makes it even less believable that Peggy would have walked away from a pub that took under a month to fix up.