Crossing lines (UK pace) no spoilers

Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,050
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This starts Tuesday next week. I decided to watch it on Netflix. Really liked it. It's like a cross between CSI and criminal minds. Plus its already been renewed for 3rd season.

Comments

• Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So has anyone watched first ep of this and if so did you think?
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    never heard of it - sorry

what channel is it on? I like CSI but not really watched Criminal Minds so I might give it a go

thanks
  • GwilbersGwilbers Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I did start to watch it, but found it a bit weird having people talk in English when they're not - I think I must watch too many programs with subtitles these days. It started in a very similar way to the Danish version of the Killing - does it continue that way?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gwilbers wrote: »
    I did start to watch it, but found it a bit weird having people talk in English when they're not - I think I must watch too many programs with subtitles these days. It started in a very similar way to the Danish version of the Killing - does it continue that way?

I've never watched the killing so wouldn't know but I've watched first 2 eps of this on Netflix where season 1 and 2 is. It's also on alibi Tuesday at 9. Like I've said its like CSI with a mix of criminal minds traveling over Europe after criminals. As far as I know they're not based in one particular location.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched and had no problems hearing what was being said.

I laughed at them having a Norn Iron in the team:D

I was worried about the dog, but we didn't see or know how it was killed:cry:

Its an interesting idea, I noticed it was made in 2013, so will they show the second season quickly?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    I watched and had no problems hearing what was being said.

I laughed at them having a Norn Iron in the team:D

I was worried about the dog, but we didn't see or know how it was killed:cry:

Its an interesting idea, I noticed it was made in 2013, so will they show the second season quickly?

I would of thought so plus I think it's already renewed for season 3. Although I'll have probably watched all of first season on Netflix before it finishes on TV.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like an OK cop show so far though they were sailing a bit close to the wind having two of the characters call each other cliches!
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    It's curious how they're now showing it - it's got some sort of processing to look more like film. On Amazon it's shown in high-def video and looks it. Can never quite make up my mind if swapping the resolution for a filmic look is a good thing or not. Bit like the high frame rate Hobbit films.

The show itself is okay if a bit cliched. It's going to be interesting to see how they continue it in season three seeing as how S2 ended.

Regards

Mark
  • OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not going to give away any spoilers, but I have watched all bar the last 2 episodes and thoroughly enjoyed the show. All characters seem to be likeable and even a relative who wasn't keen on watching it because of Kiefer Sutherland says he is good in it.

If you struggled with the first, I would advise persevering with it because I think it is excellent. Cannot wait for season 3 to come to Netflix myself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come its available on Netflix through my apple TV but if I go on the one on my smart TV its not there? Both are UK version so if its on one shouldn't it be on the other?
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ocado wrote: »
    Not going to give away any spoilers, but I have watched all bar the last 2 episodes and thoroughly enjoyed the show. All characters seem to be likeable and even a relative who wasn't keen on watching it because of Kiefer Sutherland says he is good in it.

If you struggled with the first, I would advise persevering with it because I think it is excellent. Cannot wait for season 3 to come to Netflix myself.

You mean Donald his dad
  • GormagonGormagon Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember watching perhaps 3 or 4 episodes of this last year on a friends streaming service while doing a spot of house / pet sitting.

I thought the premise of a European Anti-crime Unit / Euro-FBI / Interpol thing was interesting and the story-lines were generally above average. It was something I always meant to come back to at some point.

I did however find the way it was filmed and the way the sound was recorded a little odd. Neither unwatchable or unintelligible, just different enough for me to notice most of the time.

I thought the cast were for the most part good, Fichtner is always good but I did wonder why the hell Sutherland was involved .. perhaps his character expands beyond the few episodes I saw.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    How come its available on Netflix through my apple TV but if I go on the one on my smart TV its not there? Both are UK version so if its on one shouldn't it be on the other?

I think that's a mistake, I heard it was an Amazon Prime Instant Video exclusive in the UK...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that's a mistake, I heard it was an Amazon Prime Instant Video exclusive in the UK...

Yeah watched it earlier on Amazon on my TV but on my apple TV it was on Netflix. Season 1&2 is there. I've watched upto ep4 so far and really enjoying it. Even though everyone seems to speak English no matter where they go, its not that bigger deal for me. I'd not even heard of this show a few days ago until I got the sky newsletter and it was on it. Googled it and liked sound of it.
  • kempshottkempshott Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was OK after the first episode and will persevere, though already fed up with William Fichtner desperately tearing open morphine patches with his teeth. I just hope his character doesn't become to cliched.

We needed subtitles for the French boss; his accent is rather strong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Male or female, I love the French accent. However, some (and please note this is only the minority) French people are just so annoying. But I could listen to Louis speak all day.
  • elven62elven62 Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    I've watched the first two shows now and really like the premise, plus Tom Wlaschiha is in it and I could watch him all day, BUT the sound quality is terrible. I really struggle with it. I have good sound bar and no probs on most other shows. I have to keep stopping and rewinding to make out some of the dialogue. Very frustrating. Might start to watch with subtitles on.
  • rogcjrogcj Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I have trouble understanding one young woman who seems to have laryngitis. Very difficult to make out what she is saying when she has such a grating speech problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I would advise to watch with the subtitles on. Eva, the Italian one, is a very likeable character but the voice IS grating. Put me in mind of nails on a chalkboard personally.
  • DARCYFDARCYF Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had good hopes about this as have loved William Fishtner since Prison Break however have found this to be cliched to the extreme and the researchers have messed up having a PSNI officer there due to the serial killer having murdered a young girl in Dublin park. Different country therego different police force An Garda Siochona. And don't get me started on the representation of the PSNI officer.
  • PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the first two episodes.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving this, really good drama, lovely setting and interesting characters.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a surprise to lose what seemed to be one of the main characters so quickly.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a surprise to lose what seemed to be one of the main characters so quickly.

Was glad, that particular character annoyed me!
  • sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another fan here, watched the 1st 2 episodes this weekend, sky+ off of Alibi.
    Shame about the brit lady, but it could develope into a good sereis.