Info box keeps popping up

BBDefenderBBDefender Posts: 227
Forum Member
Hi,

Anyone else have this problem? It has started fairly recently for me. The info box (the channel/program description thing you get when you press i on the remote) keeps popping up for me randomly when I am on a channel without any prompting. It does go away very quickly afterwards. It is definately not because I have accidently pressed a button on the remote (although I have not excluded the fact it could be a faulty remote). I have also tried a hard reboot of the box and that did not solve anything.

Cheers.

Comments

• sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How often does it happen?

To rule out a faulty remote, either hide it in a drawer, under a cushion, or out the room, or put something in front of the box to cover the sensor, see if it still happens.
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was happening to me last night, on ITV. I actually took the batteries out of the remote just to rule that out and the banner continued to appear every few minutes. After changing channel it didn't appear again.
  • kempshottkempshott Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It happened to me a while ago - definitely not the remote and reboots didn't help. Eventually I tried a planner rebuild and that fixed it.
  • BBDefenderBBDefender Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    How often does it happen?

If it starts happening then quite frequently, say a few times per hour. Sometimes can go for hours without it kicking off though.

Good advice on hiding the remote/taking batterys out I will try that later. Sounding a bit like its a small issue some update might have caused.

Thanks for the responses everyone