Options

Emergency plumbing advice

Blowpop27Blowpop27 Posts: 201
Forum Member
I have just got out of the shower and turned off the water, however, the water has stopped but it sounds like the motor in the shower itself is still running. It is making the same sound as if it were on.
It's an aqualisa shower and is insured but the company only work till 6pm. I'm worried it could blow up or burn out or something.
As it's covered and they will probably come out tomorrow I don't want to call out an emergency plumber and be charged a fortune, just wondered if anyone had any ideas what to do.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    FinglongaFinglonga Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turn off at the isolator pull switch then no power will be going to it at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks, boyfriend currenty looking for a switch but we can't find one..even in the loft
  • Options
    FinglongaFinglonga Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it that it has been fitted for a few years then as new ones must have an isolator pull switch. There should be a separate fuse in the fuse box/consumer unit if there isn't a switch.
  • Options
    briancbbbriancbb Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Is it an electically heated shower? If so these consume quite a bit of power and, if your electric supply is on circuit breakers rather than fuses, it is easy to turn off the power at the mains.

Look for the largest rated circuit breaker and turn it off. If you are lucky it will be the shower and not the cooker.

If you feel unhappy about switching off at the circuit breaker, better not to do it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, we couldn't find a switch, currently looking to turn the electrics off..it's on a fuse box, just guess it's a case offending the right one
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    just turn the whole house off at the consumer board , if all the switches / fuses are not labelled then pull them all or switch them off and turn the supply back on , then put them back on one by one till you find the culprit , as for the shower problem , it will most likely be a failed flow switch :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks so much for all your help, managed to switch it off at the mains.
    Thanks, you guys have probably just saved me a fortune