This fake Gavin storyline is confusing

2»

Comments

• MallyminxMallyminx Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    I got my knuckles rapped by DS last year for mentioning Tina's forthcoming murder, which I thought at the time was common knowledge as it had been mentioned in the newspapers and elsewhere on D Spy. Now I know better! This new storyline has only just been revealed and should have been in a spoiler. It's the first I've heard about it and I'd rather not have known.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    HarkAtHer wrote: »
    So fake-but-nice Gavin started out as an unpleasant criminal out to rob an innocent person, then did a complete U-turn and became cute 'n' cuddly. Just like his dear old fake dad!

. . . . .

Is this the reason he pretended to be Gavin :confused: I'll be honest this is what has confused me about it as he seemed so nice from the get go and real Gavin so horrible and scary which he must have known so why :confused: why :o

Anyway I was just counting down to the demise of nasty Gavin and just see what happens then :confused::o
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,672
    Forum Member
    Lynchpin wrote: »
    Not everyone knows this. (I didn't) Future storylines should be in spoiler tags as a courtesy to others.

Me neither :(. Seriously dischuffed at the unheralded spoiler as I'm enjoying watching fake Gavin grow closer to Michael and the Platts and was looking forward to watching it play out.
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »
    One of the reasons I find it boring, is because once again, Corrie have typically told us how it all pans out...

So, now we know the real Gavin dies, next Friday. Why didn't they just keep it a secret? It would have been so much more of an 'OMG' moment!

Now there I do agree with you!! Something has got to be done about this imo, this more than anything else is sucking the life out of my favourite show!! Yes by all means give us teasers so we know if something exciting's going to happen but ffs don't give us every bloody detail!!!!
    They ruined the Rob exit s/l, they ruined the minibus crash, now they're doing the same here!!! Do they actually want us to watch the show??? >:( >:( >:(
  • sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not everyone knows this. (I didn't) Future storylines should be in spoiler tags as a courtesy to others.

I didn't know either. I am quite liking fake Gavin and hope he stays in Corrie.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now there I do agree with you!! Something has got to be done about this imo, this more than anything else is sucking the life out of my favourite show!! Yes by all means give us teasers so we know if something exciting's going to happen but ffs don't give us every bloody detail!!!!
    They ruined the Rob exit s/l, they ruined the minibus crash, now they're doing the same here!!! Do they actually want us to watch the show??? >:( >:( >:(

Totally agree with this. It's the one thing that is really getting on my nerves now. We had to wait over a year for Tina to leave after they announced her exit and have had long waits for Faye's pregnancy storyline and even Katy's exit. Blackburn's big gob is killing the show. It's like ITV know that it's struggling so they're doing everything to convince viewers that it is exciting by telling us exactly what's going to happen. It amazes me because ED is the polar opposite in this sense and has many surprises and people love it so I don't see why Corrie can't do the same. I agree Gavin's death should've been a surprise.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »
    One of the reasons I find it boring, is because once again, Corrie have typically told us how it all pans out...

So, now we know the real Gavin dies, next Friday. Why didn't they just keep it a secret? It would have been so much more of an 'OMG' moment!
    I would rather not know in advance too. people here are usually careful to use spoilers but the stupid Daily mail keeps revealing the entire story in the headline so you cant avoid it. >:(

I suppose it would be too far fetched for "Ghandi " to stay on after the reveal?
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    Totally agree with this. It's the one thing that is really getting on my nerves now. We had to wait over a year for Tina to leave after they announced her exit and have had long waits for Faye's pregnancy storyline and even Katy's exit. Blackburn's big gob is killing the show. It's like ITV know that it's struggling so they're doing everything to convince viewers that it is exciting by telling us exactly what's going to happen. It amazes me because ED is the polar opposite in this sense and has many surprises and people love it so I don't see why Corrie can't do the same. I agree Gavin's death should've been a surprise.

I imagine that they think they are enticing new viewers but all it does is make watching it pointless.
    If the stories were interesting enough other people would hear of them through word of mouth.
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With apologies to Edmund Blackadder...There may be amoeba on Saturn who're finding it confusing, I suspect the rest of us are keeping up.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member

I like fake Gavin as well. I don't think they had to bother with this fake Gavin/real Gavin stuff. Just make Andy Gavin and have him try to re-establish a relationship with Michael. It seems absolutely pointless to have him pretend since he does not seem to have a bit plot against Michael or anything a la Lewis/Gail.
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In terms of credibility (yes, even by soap standards), this is right up there with the Michelle Connor baby-swap nonsense.
  • ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems daft to me that Michael just believed that Andy was his son, not even commenting about family resemblances or anything like that. Also, surely Andy must have some real family , or are we to believe that he has no one? He is such a dull character anyway, as is his fake dad, who used to be a right nasty person (according to his real son) and who burgled house's, but is now a lovely , cuddly character! Boring nonsense this storyline.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not confusing at all. I'm enjoying this storyline.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    I really like this storyline and fake gavin is the best thing about corrie atm so I dont want him to go , but its a shame about real gavin I would of liked it to explore the real past and see how michael and real gavin panned out and no wonder hes nasty and horrible because his dad aka michael walked out on him and started burglaries not a good role modal , im suprised michael didnt catch on about fake gavin as he wasnt the slightest angry or resentful towards michael in the beginning , just because michael is all nice and cuddly now doesnt mean he shoulr be forgiven so quickly its only now with his health issues that he wanted to find his son , thats alot of parents excuses that leave there children when they come back to find them , why not look for there children years ago or even just dont leave them in the first place
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're not confused OP but just think it's stupid like the rest of us :)
  • LynchpinLynchpin Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

With due respect, if you look back in the thread, several posters (myself included) have said that they are enjoying this storyline. So please don't speak for everyone.;-)
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With due respect, if you look back in the thread, several posters (myself included) have said that they are enjoying this storyline. So please don't speak for everyone.;-)

I don't mind it to be honest but don't you think it's silly? but you still enjoy it? ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind it to be honest but don't you think it's silly? but you still enjoy it? ;-)

i don't know about silly, but I'm enjoying it.:p
    Could have something to do with the fact that Andy/FakeGavin/Gandy is rather hot.:blush:
  • craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't particularly find the SL confusing, nor dull. The only thing I take umbridge with is how all of a sudden, Michael (a character we've barely invested in) is at risk of keeling over and dying. It's clear that the heart complaint was dreamt up PURELY to give Gandy a reason to keep his identity a secret, and it's very tenuous.

I am enjoying the storyline, but I do find myself screaming at the telly every time someone mentions that 'the truth will kill Michael'
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    It's obvious. Gavin (one of them) is working with those chickens that lay at night.
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed! There are some right Ar$seholes on here >:(
  • mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SB storylines are all very easy to understand. You are just confused because none of it makes much sense.
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You don't speak for me either. I don't think it's stupid, or confusing. A bit far-fetched, it's true, but less so than many other SLs, and certainly nowhere near Michelle's swapped son. I think we can see that fake Gavin has genuinely grown fond of Michael, and feels part of the family.

I agree with those who comment on the lack of spoilers on here. It's very inconsiderate to reveal what some of us try very hard to avoid knowing.
  • HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't find the story confusing, or any of the characters involved 'hot'.

I do find it implausible and a bit boring, because I don't care enough about Michael or Gavin - both freeloading simperers IMO >:(

Corrie is obsessed with 'who's a real Dad'... Tim, Owen, David, Callum... can we have another sl please!
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

One of my pet peeves here. We don't all seek out spoilers and some of us prefer to wait and see how a storyline plays out. >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my pet peeves here. We don't all seek out spoilers and some of us prefer to wait and see how a storyline plays out. >:(

I know, and the person who originally revealed the Andy/Gavin storyline in this thread,disappeared as soon as I pointed it out.>:(

I've no objection at all to having spoiler threads, I have on occasion looked at them myself, but revealing them to everyone is against T&C.