Options

Neighbours- Why Kylie Never Returned Again Even For One Episode

2»

Comments

• Options
    Edward_QuackensEdward_Quackens Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »
    How many people go back to their old jobs just to do a favour?
    I liken it to a successful former pupil returning to their old alma mater.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    Obviously it was her decision, but one episode is not asking a lot from Kylie. Like others say, Neighbours did give her the big break.

It just goes to show how Dannii Minogue is more grounded to Kylie, who was willing to return to Home And Away, yet Kylie can not even return for one episode for the anniversary.

Maybe she really just couldn't make the filming dates?

I know they said that they would accommodate her but if they wanted her to actually share scenes with other characters (like her son at his wedding for instance) it wouldn't be a case of them just sending a film crew somewhere to film her by herself.

If she was really that stuck up about it she wouldn't have done the documentary either, i doubt they paid so much that the money made it irresistible and if it was just about money, they could have offered the same for the actual show.
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    She didn't want to, that's up to her, I wouldn't return to a job I did 27 years ago

Aw, I'd love to do my paper round again.
  • Options
    Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people also need to remember Jason Donovan lives & works in London, logistical reason could have stopped them, however nice it would be to see them back for a special occasion
  • Options
    ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's an enormously selfish woman, akin to those ungrateful little sods Sam Strike and Ben Hardy over in England.
    ;-):cool:
  • Options
    MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie Minogue became a breakout star of Neighbours at the time and is closely associated with the role of Charlene. To me it would seem like a fantastic goodwill gesture for her to record even just a single walk-on for the Anniversary episode. Part of being an entertainer is giving audiences what they want, and such a return would fit into that idea. Plus, it would simply be a nice thing to do. I am not a fan of Neighbours (having actually stopped watching regularly when Charlene departed) and probably wouldn't even bother watching her return, but if she did it, I think everyone would think it was a wonderfully kind and generous thing for her to do.

Julianne Moore returned to As the World Turns (http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/04/05/julianne-moore-returns-to-as-the-world-turns/) and Ron Howard returned to Happy Days. Their credibility survived and they managed to juggle their busy schedules to do it.
  • Options
    Doctor_DonnaDoctor_Donna Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw a bit the other morning with Madge and Paul on This Morning (was off work sick) and Kylie recorded a lovely message for her 'mum' saying how much she loved working with her and how much her she'd learnt from her.

To be far to Kylie it was 27 odd years ago. She's done a lot since then and always seems genuine with her affection for Neighbours. If she was all sniffy and said she didn't want to speak about it (Christopher Eccleston springs to mind) you'd have something to complain about :)
  • Options
    lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't they get Jason instead? He's not doing anything and they could say that Charlene is at home with the couples other children
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lola_skye wrote: »
    Why don't they get Jason instead? He's not doing anything and they could say that Charlene is at home with the couples other children

Jason Donovan is on record as saying he doesn't want to do it. He doesn't regret it, or feel shame, anything like that, it is just that it is in his past and he doesn't want to return.

Plus of course he lives in London so logistics would be hard, even if he were willing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Maybe she really just couldn't make the filming dates?

I know they said that they would accommodate her but if they wanted her to actually share scenes with other characters (like her son at his wedding for instance) it wouldn't be a case of them just sending a film crew somewhere to film her by herself.

If she was really that stuck up about it she wouldn't have done the documentary either, i doubt they paid so much that the money made it irresistible and if it was just about money, they could have offered the same for the actual show.

I agree.
  • Options
    Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe they can do what the actress that played Skye did, have her do a skype conversation with Daniel on his wedding day
  • Options
    dronkuladronkula Posts: 2,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually - I was more surprised that they couldn't even get Alan Dale (Jim Robinson) to appear in the documentary?

He was the central pillar of the show for so long - and was completely overlooked. They didn't even mention his death - when his new wife (fiance?) just watched him have a heart attack and walked away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dronkula wrote: »
    Actually - I was more surprised that they couldn't even get Alan Dale (Jim Robinson) to appear in the documentary?

He was the central pillar of the show for so long - and was completely overlooked. They didn't even mention his death - when his new wife (fiance?) just watched him have a heart attack and walked away.

This is really interesting actually, was discussing it on another forum. Either they just didn't ask him (which leads you to wonder why when they concentrated on other stars that have moved on to 'better' things and the first few years and he fits both criteria) or he refused to do it.

Given that he did a segment for a Young Doctors' reunion a couple of years ago and is still friends with Stefan Dennis, his turning it down seems unlikely. They evidently had a crew out in LA to film Pearce, Brewer and Robbie's interviews so you'd think they could fit 20 mins in even on set at whatever he is doing now. So maybe he just wasn't asked? I did notice that Jim doesn't seem to be in any of the photographic montages of the Robinsons at the Festival (unless i missed him) which seems odd. Perhaps there is some animosity there for some reason?
  • Options
    MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From reading Alan Dale's Wikipedia entry, it seems he left Neighbours after a falling out with the production company, which may explain his absence from retrospectives about the show.
    "I didn't like it there, they were not nice people. When we decided that we hated each other, the company and me, one of the things the company did was to market everything they could out of us and pay us nothing." Dale and the company (Grundy Television) parted on "bad terms". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Dale#Early_roles_and_Neighbours
  • Options
    mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Jason Donovan is on record as saying he doesn't want to do it. He doesn't regret it, or feel shame, anything like that, it is just that it is in his past and he doesn't want to return.

Plus of course he lives in London so logistics would be hard, even if he were willing.

He was on The One Show last year and it seemed like he would do it if certain other characters did as well. Of course he could have been saying it knowing full well Kylie wasn't going to do it;-)