"Lets meet the stars" music - Dave Arch

CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
Forum Member
Why have they changed the music when the celebs walk down the steps with their partners at the start of the show? I really like the music they use normally. Using the strictly theme tune doesn't give the same tone when introducing the couples.

Comments

• Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is something not quite right with the timing now......it also sounds odd that they dont say the full names just the first names.
  • CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    There is something not quite right with the timing now......it also sounds odd that they dont say the full names just the first names.

It looks now as if it's been pre-recorded? It seems to be a lot more quicker and rushed? When they did it last week, I thought it was perhaps because of Bruce being away but it was the same tonight. For me, the intro of the couples coming down the stairs gives SCD a great formal opening to the show and contibutes to the ethos of the show which for me is dancing live on national tv on a Sat night.
  • northernsoul54northernsoul54 Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know what - I thought there was something weird about it but couldn't put my finger on it - didn't realise they had changed the music!
    I definitely preferred the original slow sultry kind of music to what they used tonight.
  • JoJoAJoJoA Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Last week I thought it was because they were all in a bit of a stew they had played the wrong music by mistake. But it was obviously meant to be like that!
  • ellie4265ellie4265 Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh yes - I prefer the 'old way' too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Yes, what on earth is going on with that? It's DREADFUL!

Not only is it far too rushed with the celebs not having time to actually reach their positions before music stops/camera pans at the end but it's so rushed it's comical, like it's on speed or something! The music is all wrong too. It's supposed to be an elegant arrival with the man taking the ladies arm/hand and they gracefully make their way down the stairs. The last couple actually have to run at the end!

I'd hoped last week was for time issues as they had to interview Jade, and I have a little bit of hope it was the samw this week as they interviewed Jade at the start but if they do it next week I'll be really annoyed!
  • reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellie4265 wrote: »
    Ahh yes - I prefer the 'old way' too!

Me too - is it just that they've shortened it because there are less couples?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, first thing I noticed and I don't like it (she says petulantly, chucking toys out of pram etc)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    I just thought the last two weeks entrances have been rushed so that it allows time for them to talk to Jade as they have had to do the past 2 weeks?
    I suspect next week will tell us if that was the case as it the timing should be back to normal and hopefully the old entrance back. i certainly hope that was the case as i hate the rushed feeling of it now and the music :mad: