Options

Brenda vs Debbie - what do you think is going to happen? (spoiler)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Today Brenda finds out Debbie's involvement in Gennie's death. Debbie apologises to her but Brenda don't accept her apology.

Yesterday we also saw that Debbie is still not taking her responsibilities regarding Gennie's death. Cameron was lying when he said that killing Gennie as mercy killing but I think he was telling the truth when he said she would have died anyway and that they both killed her.

This is ED, Princess Dobbeh always has to come out smelling like a rose. Apparently chasing Gennie to her death in order to protect a murderer is not illegal and the police have been kinder to her than to any of the INNOCENT people they were horrible to.

Do you think they will portray Brenda as the villain and unreasonable one, with the Dingles ganging up on her for being angry at Debbie and telling her to move on.

Or will Brenda do a Kat Slater and suddenly turn into a saint and be super forgiving?

Comments

• Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, I think the Dingles will gang up on Brenda and defend their fragile little angel, Princess Debbie Dingle Corleone Soprano. They never had much time for Gennie, anyhow (bar Chas).

And you'll probably be right about Debbie coming out of the whole thing smelling of roses after the October climax to the Cameron plot.
  • Options
    puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    Today Brenda finds out Debbie's involvement in Gennie's death. Debbie apologises to her but Brenda don't accept her apology.

Yesterday we also saw that Debbie is still not taking her responsibilities regarding Gennie's death. Cameron was lying when he said that killing Gennie as mercy killing but I think he was telling the truth when he said she would have died anyway and that they both killed her.

This is ED, Princess Dobbeh always has to come out smelling like a rose. Apparently chasing Gennie to her death in order to protect a murderer is not illegal and the police have been kinder to her than to any of the INNOCENT people they were horrible to.

Do you think they will portray Brenda as the villain and unreasonable one, with the Dingles ganging up on her for being angry at Debbie and telling her to move on.

Or will Brenda do a Kat Slater and suddenly turn into a saint and be super forgiving?

Gennie shouldn't have been spying, and illegally entering someones house, then instead of jumping into the car and getting into a car chase all she had to do is get someones attention from the village or park it infront of the pub and get protection from debbie and cameron until she could call the police.
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tht isn't really fair though is it, yes she might have chased after Gennie, but she never intentionally meant her to crash over a ravine. Debbie panicked knowing she could be in trouble for keeping quiet about Carl, and Gennie also panicked at being chased, and lost control of the car. That was a unfortunate event, but it was an accident, Debbie did not make Gennie crash on purpose, but Cameron most definately intended to kill her from the off to protect himself.

As to the police being kinder to her, she's voluntarily been staying in the same house as a dangerous killer in order to get them a confession, a task that got her held hostage with a high chance of being killed herself, I think they are going to be rather nice to her - she's put herself at risk to help them out! That's a bit different to locking a few people in a cell for a few hours whilst they question them:D
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, I think the Dingles will gang up on Brenda and defend their fragile little angel, Princess Debbie Dingle Corleone Soprano. They never had much time for Gennie, anyhow (bar Chas).

And you'll probably be right about Debbie coming out of the whole thing smelling of roses after the October climax to the Cameron plot.

I'm afraid you're right, Huck and that would be bad enough, but if the rest of the unrelated villagers all end up rallying round poor little Dobbeh as well, I might just have to switch off. :mad:

At very least they need to have Dobbeh go off on an (extended) break away from the village. Maybe she could go off to Jersey to 'comfort' Cam's kids. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tht isn't really fair though is it, yes she might have chased after Gennie, but she never intentionally meant her to crash over a ravine. Debbie panicked knowing she could be in trouble for keeping quiet about Carl, and Gennie also panicked at being chased, and lost control of the car. That was a unfortunate event, but it was an accident, Debbie did not make Gennie crash on purpose, but Cameron most definately intended to kill her from the off to protect himself.

As to the police being kinder to her, she's voluntarily been staying in the same house as a dangerous killer in order to get them a confession, a task that got her held hostage with a high chance of being killed herself, I think they are going to be rather nice to her - she's put herself at risk to help them out! That's a bit different to locking a few people in a cell for a few hours whilst they question them:D

It doesn't matter that she didn't purposely caused the crash. She was chasing a novice driver, she was driving dangerously and recklessly. She knew she was putting Gennie in danger because any one with a driving licence knows the risk of reckless driving.

Well she was staying in the house of a killer before that. Don't you remember that finding out Cameron killed Carl made her love him even more? Also let's not pretend that Debbie didn't destroy the evidence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I'm afraid you're right, Huck and that would be bad enough, but if the rest of the unrelated villagers all end up rallying round poor little Dobbeh as well, I might just have to switch off. :mad:

At very least they need to have Dobbeh go off on an (extended) break away from the village. Maybe she could go off to Jersey to 'comfort' Cam's kids. :D

I suppose the Sharmas won't be too bothered either. They'll be upset for one day about how to break the news to Nikhil then it will all be forgotten. I can't picture any of them giving Debbie a little bit of grief. They are not even mentioned amongst the people attending Cameron's trial next week.
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's true that Debbie helped the police and it looks like she will get immunity for her crimes but I still think she should pay for what she has done.

She covered for Cameron even though she knew he had killed Carl - she said herself that Gennie's death was different - why?
    I understand that Gennie was family but what about Chas? Why was Gennie's death appalling to her but not Carl's?

She also played a part in Gennie's demise - no she didn't actually kill her but she still drove at speed and if she hadn't of done that then Gennie would not have gone off the road in the first place.

I agree with the other posters who say that the Dingles will now rally around and protect her because of her ordeal. I also fear that Brenda will bear the brunt of the Dingles wrath.

Yes, Debbie did a good thing by helping the Police but she should still take responsibility for what she has done - I will be very disappointed with the scriptwriters if this is all forgotten about by this time next week :(
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80's Gal wrote: »
    It's true that Debbie helped the police and it looks like she will get immunity for her crimes but I still think she should pay for what she has done.

She covered for Cameron even though she knew he had killed Carl - she said herself that Gennie's death was different - why?
    I understand that Gennie was family but what about Chas? Why was Gennie's death appalling to her but not Carl's?

She also played a part in Gennie's demise - no she didn't actually kill her but she still drove at speed and if she hadn't of done that then Gennie would not have gone off the road in the first place.

I agree with the other posters who say that the Dingles will now rally around and protect her because of her ordeal. I also fear that Brenda will bear the brunt of the Dingles wrath.

Yes, Debbie did a good thing by helping the Police but she should still take responsibility for what she has done - I will be very disappointed with the scriptwriters if this is all forgotten about by this time next week :(

The difference is she thought Carl deserved it, but the others didn't. Cameron told her he did it as he caught Carl raping Chas ( or trying to), so did it to protect her. Gennie and Alex on the other hand, were total innocents, who she now knows were murdered simply as they got in Cameron's way and he needed to silence them so nobody would discover his own sick doings. Obviously Carl didn't deserve it any more than the others, viewers know that, but Debbie doesn't and that seems to be how she's seeing it in her mind.
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The difference is she thought Carl deserved it, but the others didn't. Cameron told her he did it as he caught Carl raping Chas ( or trying to), so did it to protect her. Gennie and Alex on the other hand, were total innocents, who she now knows were murdered simply as they got in Cameron's way and he needed to silence them so nobody would discover his own sick doings. Obviously Carl didn't deserve it any more than the others, viewers know that, but Debbie doesn't and that seems to be how she's seeing it in her mind.

I agree, I think she's seeing it from a different perspective from the viewers - added to which she already thought Carl was a terrible human being. Gennie and Alex were 'nice' people (in her eyes) who didn't harm others and so were less deserving of their fate.