£17.45

MissyQMissyQ Posts: 317
Forum Member
On the Doctor Who advent calendar todays interview one of them says that they were talking to Tom Pertwee and they were talking about her friend David Tennant (before he was the Doctor) and Pertwee asked if David Tennant was a big Doctor Who fan and when she said that he was Pertwee took out a cheque book and wrote David a cheque for £17.45.

I never saw the original Doctor Who as I was born in america so what on earth does the £17.45 mean?

Comments

• GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissyQ wrote: »
    On the Doctor Who advent calendar todays interview one of them says that they were talking to Tom Pertwee and they were talking about her friend David Tennant (before he was the Doctor) and Pertwee asked if David Tennant was a big Doctor Who fan and when she said that he was Pertwee took out a cheque book and wrote David a cheque for £17.45.

I never saw the original Doctor Who as I was born in america so what on earth does the £17.45 mean?

about 27.43 in US Dollars:D
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom Pertwee?

Splendid chap. All of them.
  • finn946finn946 Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    i dont know much about the old series, but was it the time it was on back in those days?
  • MissyQMissyQ Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Oh Jeez I got it completely wrong. It was Tom Baker. LOL This is what it says in the article.

AW: I met Tom Baker doing a voice-over when David [Arabella's friend, David Tennant] wasn't at all well known. We were doing this voice-over together and I said to Tom, 'Oh, my friend's a really, really big Doctor Who fan,' and he replied, 'Wait!' He got his cheque book out and asked, 'What his name?' I said 'David Tennant'. He wrote, 'To David Tennant, seventeen pounds forty five', signed it and I asked him what it meant. He said, 'He'll know...'

Maybe that makes more sense but I still have no idea about £17.45
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissyQ wrote: »
    Oh Jeez I got it completely wrong. It was Tom Baker. LOL This is what it says in the article.

AW: I met Tom Baker doing a voice-over when David [Arabella's friend, David Tennant] wasn't at all well known. We were doing this voice-over together and I said to Tom, 'Oh, my friend's a really, really big Doctor Who fan,' and he replied, 'Wait!' He got his cheque book out and asked, 'What his name?' I said 'David Tennant'. He wrote, 'To David Tennant, seventeen pounds forty five', signed it and I asked him what it meant. He said, 'He'll know...'

Maybe that makes more sense but I still have no idea about £17.45

wasnt the time that Doctor Who used to be on back in the day 17.45?
  • Demolished ManDemolished Man Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't the time that Doctor Who used to be on back in the day 17.45?

It's the scheduled time for Season 13 and 18 of the Tom Baker era - he usually had a slot at about 18.20. There are only three Tom Baker episodes that went out at exactly that time, though.

Admittedly, the schedules for Doctor Who in the seventies were perhaps even more inconsistent than they are today...
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Tom Pertwee?

Splendid chap. All of them.

:D:D:D:D:D
  • WhoMadWhoMad Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D:D:D

I personally prefer Peter Baker but Jon Troughton is a close second.
  • nate1970nate1970 Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the scheduled time for Season 13 and 18 of the Tom Baker era - he usually had a slot at about 18.20. There are only three Tom Baker episodes that went out at exactly that time, though.
    That is a level of triv knowledge that deserves applause. *claps* :D
  • DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    The significance is that 'Jon' Pertwee was notoriously tight!:D