Creative Zen 4gb

Hi, im thinking of purchasing the creative zen 4gb solid state just because i have some spare cash. I want to take opportunity of the sdhc slot simply because my mp3 collection is huge (60gb). I would be running this mp3 player mainly on sdhc as i like the idea of upgrading the memory...but ive hit a problem. The music on the sd card, does it become incorporated into the main Artist, Album listing or does it have its own in the sd card menu and does it list it as Artist, Album? or is it displayed as files?
Simply because all my mp3s are tagged nicely and i want the Artist, Album user interface as i want one.

thanks
fat.tony

Comments

• fraserafrasera Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    you might want to get a harddrive player.
    by the time we have affordable 60gb sdcards the player is going to be too old to be worth upgrading.
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At present no, the content on the SD cards does not integrate in terms of the library with the onboard memory. The 32GB Creative Zen is out. I don't think there is anything else so small and solid-state offering so much capacity for the money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    TheBigM wrote: »
    At present no, the content on the SD cards does not integrate in terms of the library with the onboard memory. The 32GB Creative Zen is out. I don't think there is anything else so small and solid-state offering so much capacity for the money.

I was really considering to go for the 32gb but the whole point in getting this particualr player was because of the memory expansion and to just simply upgrade using an sd card, but silly if its not in the same listing, the intergrated issue is really stupid of creative as its such a simple thing. My collection is over 60gb big and having 5 or 6 sd cards is a nicer thought then going through another hard disk player (gone through 4 already :-( ) the problem i have i usually end up crashing the hard disk heads or something simply because i use it far too much. Are there any other mp3 players with the expansion memory and nice menus and stuff? i very much like the whole ipod stylee menu but i dont like ipods, any suggestions??
    ...oh and im poor lol
  • fraserafrasera Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    don't buy it thinking you can get sdhc. flash upgrade isn't going to meet your needs for a while. if you really need that much space, get a drive player as said. an expensive flashc ard in a cheap player like the zen is really a waste of money. it is a half arsed solution that is expensive and doesn't fill your requirements. get a drive player. then wait for 80gb+ flash to become cheap. its not going to happen this year! but we are almost there;) i remember when players were 32mb:P god that was a joke even then. but soon...we shall have the perfect jukebox on flash mp3 players... i think..2-3 years....
    till then, get an ipod or zune.