Options

The Flash Season 2 US Pace (spoilers tagged)

Comments

• Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Jay Garrick very much a goodie in The Flash universes (all of them) :) He's also the tie in to Legends of Tomorrow and the idea of time travel which is, obviously spinning off from both The Flash and Arrow and the bigging up of Professor Zoom as the big bad (and oh yes is is bad) for Season Two.

It was a cracking good return episode although it did feel a little rushed at times and the villain was a bit meh but the CGI on him was pretty good and it was an interesting way to introduce Zoom without actually introducing Zoom. It was also a neat twist to use Atom Smasher as he's usually a member of the Justice League and a somewhat flawed hero.

There were the usual funny bits, Cisco's "I think I read it in a comic" for the Flashlight was hilarious, and the "okay, it's totally cool" about the key to the city also had me smiling.
    Barry had me crying more than once, Grant Gustin is such an expressive actor, I love watching the little nuances portrayed through his facial expressions and his eyes and the scenes with Henry were heart breaking.

Harrison Wells was very much missed and I can't wait until they get into the alternative timelines so we get Tom Cavanagh back asap.

I'm giving it an 8/10.

Oh, goodness, yeah! Also when Joe was talking to him at Star Labs after the fight that nearly killed him. He was crying when Joe told him to stop beating himself up over Ronnie and Eddie's deaths.:(

Thank you for the info about Jay Garrick.:) So glad he is a goodie because I do like the actor who plays him. And Team Flash could do with another good person on their side, haha!

Yeah, I would give it an 8/10. And I agree about Harrison Wells. Tom Cavanagh did a really good job with the character. And finally, Cisco - gotta love him. The hug he gave to Dr Stern after naming the meta-human.:D
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awesome first episode of the new season. Was cool to see Atom Smasher! It was weird seeing the wreslter Edge play him. I haven't seen him since I was a kid when I used to watch WWE wrestling. :D

He's a regular in Syfy's Haven.
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Tom Cavanagh said he was a series regular in Season 2. But I take what actors say with a pinch of salt. That might be the last we see of him.

He was in the main cast in the opening credits, rather than listed as a guest like the Prison Break brothers.
  • Options
    bargeeeebargeeee Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it's not the same without Tom Cavanagh. He was a big part of what made Season 1 such a success.

But if he does turn up in Central City, how will he avoid being arrested?!
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect Tom Cavanagh will be playing his alternative reality Harrison Wells this season with the odd flashback to our Earth timeline.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is interesting:
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/the_flash/news/?a=124873

Can't get my head around how alternate reality stuff would work, tho'. Not and have the whole team interacting with it. Jay Garrick is presumably from one, but he's turned up in Central City. Will Wells? And there's no reason why he can't be harbouring an alternate reality Eobard, either. (Wells, that is, not Jay!)
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I thought Robbie Amnell wasn't listed to be in Legends .... So he may not actually be back ..... Although that just be a red herring :)
    He isn't, but that's what I mean. Firestorm (the hero) very much will exist in LoT, and we know that Martin (Stein) is in the show, so the question to be asked is how.

Either Robbie is in LoT and they're keeping it quiet, or something happens with Martin and another person to form a new Firestorm.
    Tom Cavanagh said he was a series regular in Season 2. But I take what actors say with a pinch of salt. That might be the last we see of him.

And even if we do see him again, surely he's just going to be boring old scientist Wells and not scheming arch nemesis Wells.
    How ironic would it be if Wells turned out to be the man behind Zoom? :o Guy just loves Yellow. :p
    Nihonga wrote: »
    Thank you for the info about Jay Garrick.:) So glad he is a goodie because I do like the actor who plays him. And Team Flash could do with another good person on their side, haha!
    If rumours are to be believed, Jay wont be the only other good speedster we'll get this season. I do believe Wally West is due to turn up.
    bargeeee wrote: »
    Yeah, it's not the same without Tom Cavanagh. He was a big part of what made Season 1 such a success.

But if he does turn up in Central City, how will he avoid being arrested?!
    Maybe that'll be part of the plot? How to save him from spending time behind bars for a crime that he didn't commit. Maybe he'll just switch places with Barry's Dad. :p
    bargeeee wrote: »
    Can't get my head around how alternate reality stuff would work, tho'. Not and have the whole team interacting with it. Jay Garrick is presumably from one, but he's turned up in Central City. Will Wells? And there's no reason why he can't be harbouring an alternate reality Eobard, either. (Wells, that is, not Jay!)
    I must admit, this alternate earth is going to confuse me too, but with regard to doubles. Garrack is the Flash from his world, and I think it's fair to say that Cisco also has a double (we kind of saw it I think?). We also know that Atom Smasher (or the guy behind him) had a double too.

Thus, does everyone have a double? Is there a double of Barry? Iris? Joe? Is there another (powerless) Jay in our world?
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »

How ironic would it be if Wells turned out to be the man behind Zoom? :o Guy just loves Yellow. :p?

Oh I don't know if I'd like that. I don't want Zoom to effectively be someone else's pawn, like Bane was in The Dark Knight Rises. I'd much prefer Zoom and Wells to be partners in crime ... working together to rid the world of ... Flash day.

For anyone who has or hasn't caught up with episode 1 of Arrow, there was some nice Flashy Easter eggs in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh I don't know if I'd like that. I don't want Zoom to effectively be someone else's pawn, like Bane was in The Dark Knight Rises. I'd much prefer Zoom and Wells to be partners in crime ... working together to rid the world of ... Flash day.
    Hah, no. Maybe I should have been clearer.

What if Wells (from Earth 2) IS Zoom. Wells/Thawne from Earth 1 is one Yellow Speedster. Wells (from Earth 2) is another Yellow Speedster (etc)?
    For anyone who has or hasn't caught up with episode 1 of Arrow, there was some nice Flashy Easter eggs in it.
    Yes, and Zoom was mentioned, from what I figure, as the one responsible for the potential death too. :o
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

Yes, and Zoom was mentioned, from what I figure, as the one responsible for the potential death too. :o

I took that comment about Zoom as been Barry couldn't make the funeral because he was tied up with Zoom and was only paying his respects then.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    For Firestorm they have already confirmed that he will get a new 2nd half to form him.

In the comics the two needed to become Firestorm has changed over time and at one point even needed 3 people.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hah, no. Maybe I should have been clearer.

What if Wells (from Earth 2) IS Zoom. Wells/Thawne from Earth 1 is one Yellow Speedster. Wells (from Earth 2) is another Yellow Speedster (etc)?

Not quite no, Barry was saying he couldn't make the funeral because of Zoom - in other words, he's been busy in Central City fighting Zoom.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I took that comment about Zoom as been Barry couldn't make the funeral because he was tied up with Zoom and was only paying his respects then.
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Not quite no, Barry was saying he couldn't make the funeral because of Zoom - in other words, he's been busy in Central City fighting Zoom.
    That actually makes a fair amount more sense.

If you can't trust a Speedster to attend a funeral, who can you trust? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    F1etch wrote: »
    Shame about Henry leaving, seems backwards to what Joe and co all do.

Maybe he's off to visit his other wife and kids, that Barry doesn't know about. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Questions:

1) Where's Jay's Power at?
    2) Did Cisco die in another world? If the parallel earth theory works the way I think it does, then the world that Barry was in just before he changed time still exists (the one where him and Iris kiss after he tells her the secret; the whole weather time change); in one earth, Barry stops that Tsunami rather than going back in time? That same reality is the one where Cisco dies - and the Earth we're in now is actually a fracture of the one we were on before? God my head!!! :(
    3) I guess Martin's seizure is down to whatever is [going to be] happening with him and the Firestorm arc?

4) "Hello Kids" :o Good or Bad? Hmm...
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where I can find the UK Pace Flash thread??? I would use the DS search function but as everyone knows that doesn't really work any more
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can find the UK Pace Flash thread??? I would use the DS search function but as everyone knows that doesn't really work any more
    I don't think there is one, not for Season 2 anyway, not yet.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay Garrick was instantly likable and I hope he sticks around for a while.
  • Options
    ShotDownInFlameShotDownInFlame Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    4) "Hello Kids" :o Good or Bad? Hmm...

I so want him to be good but that line delivery definitely hinted at some darkness there. I really hope it's a double bluff but I wouldn't be too surprised if they made Cavanagh play Zoom seeing as his performance as a villain was one of the most well received things about Series 1.
  • Options
    F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dat Ending!

I was all http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/excited-baby.gif before being all http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149111/3056908-2751774764-33617.jpg and then I was content.

Think we will find out that Zoom can suck up peoples powers? Is that a thing? It could be a thing! I think it should be a thing. Make him more dangerous than Reverse Flash. What I like about Jay is that he has(d) powers and is good. Looks like when you get powers you turn evil. It's nice to see a goodie with powers who isn't killing everyone.

Interesting they call him the saviour of Central City. Wonder if that means he is a sppedster here and this harrison wells is actually harrison wells with speed. Not Thawne as wells with speed. Could THAT be a thing? I think it could be a thing. :D
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So do all 52 Breaches lead to Earth 2 or do they go to different Worlds?

Cause I'm wondering if the Harrison Wells we saw is from the same world as Jay Garrick and Zoom.

I notice Barry never mentioned Wells by name when telling Jay about the man who killed his mother but given Jay had been following/researching the team for 6 months he'd have surely come across the name at some point and recognised him as the "Saviour of Central City" from his own world (if they are indeed from the same world).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As a dedicated Barrison shipper I'd like to register a protest at the show keeping them apart like this. One of them on Earth 1, the other on Earth2? Puhlease! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dat Ending!

I was all http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/excited-baby.gif before being all http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149111/3056908-2751774764-33617.jpg and then I was content.

Think we will find out that Zoom can suck up peoples powers? Is that a thing? It could be a thing! I think it should be a thing. Make him more dangerous than Reverse Flash.

I'm pretty sure Zoom can steal and/or give speed powers.

I do think Jay will get his powers back but not for at least until the mid season finale.

Also I think it Wally West maybe Joes son/Iris brother who lives with there son and don't think he will get powers until close to end of the series.
    From what I have read Patty is from Earth 2
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They really did Jay justice. Super excited to see more of him! Caitlin seemed very dehydrated when she was doing tests on him. :p

Also...Could Ronnie be alive and is on the other Earth? Maybe what happened to Stein at the end was something to do with the link he shares with Ronnie. I'm hopeful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They really did Jay justice. Super excited to see more of him! Caitlin seemed very dehydrated when she was doing tests on him. :p

Also...Could Ronnie be alive and is on the other Earth? Maybe what happened to Stein at the end was something to do with the link he shares with Ronnie. I'm hopeful.

Robbie Amell is having a few cameos but
    We already know Stein is getting a new 2nd half of Firestorm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really hope it's a double bluff but I wouldn't be too surprised if they made Cavanagh play Zoom seeing as his performance as a villain was one of the most well received things about Series 1.
    I mentioned that before, though tongue in cheek. I hope they don't go down that route though, cause I don't really want the same actor to be playing another evil speedster. That and we still don't know what Thanwe's deal was with Barry in the first place. Couldn't quite tell whether the Wells we saw at the end was the Wells from Earth 2, or Wells/Thawne from the future; the city looked a tad updated didn't it?
    Think we will find out that Zoom can suck up peoples powers? Is that a thing? It could be a thing! I think it should be a thing. Make him more dangerous than Reverse Flash. What I like about Jay is that he has(d) powers and is good. Looks like when you get powers you turn evil. It's nice to see a goodie with powers who isn't killing everyone.
    I hope not, cause I was actually looking forward to seeing Jay as the Flash. I'm sure he'll regain his powers at some point though.
    From what I have read Patty is from Earth 2
    Curious that. Wonder if she has any abilities she's not letting on about... Anyone know if the character exists in the comics?
    I'm not so sure about this. We know that Stein (and Firestorm) will be in Legends of Tomorrow, but as far as I'm aware, Robbie Amell hasn't been cast in the show.

Edit: Reading up on Legends of Tomorrow casting
    Ronnie has been replaced by someone called Jay Jackson.