EE Autograph Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• LaneKentLaneKent Posts: 2,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, that's the address I've been using. I wrote to Gaynor Faye at that address and got a very quick reply last month.

Thanks! Had the question answered for myself this morning as I got Luke Roskell (Sean Spencer) dedicated to me. Took 12 days as I wrote to the actor along with Gaynor Faye and others on the 23rd March 2012.

In reality it was a little over a week because sending it on a Friday means he probably didn't get it until at least Monday the 26th and the postmark said 2nd April (this Monday) for him sending it to me.

Hope Gaynor Faye does reply to me. Haven't written to any Emmerdale actors for a while before the 23rd as I'm into collecting the cards signed, unsigned or as preprints. It is more about the cards than the autographs for me. However if I get an autograph all the better :)

My best record was 3 days back in 2006. Wrote to Ken Farrington (Tom King) on the 5th June and had a reply on the 8th June 2006. And Patrick Mower (Rodney Blackstock). Wrote to him on the 31st May 2006 and received a reply on the 2nd June 2006.

My 2nd best record was Freddie Jones (Sandy Thomas). Wrote to him on 5th June 2006 and had a reply on the 9th June 2006. Written to him again for his latest card so I hope he is still a good replyer?
  • Mr_HamiltonMr_Hamilton Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LaneKent wrote: »
    My 2nd best record was Freddie Jones (Sandy Thomas). Wrote to him on 5th June 2006 and had a reply on the 9th June 2006. Written to him again for his latest card so I hope he is still a good replyer?

I wrote to Freddie about a month ago to request his new card. Haven't had anything back yet.

This morning I had a couple of Emmerdale cards back from Georgia Slowe (Perdy), signed, undedicated, took 2 weeks.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,928
    Forum Member
    going to elstree next week and rang them got through to bbc switchboard and they said the helpdesk is closed today and monday so it must mean there is no filming going on today and monday
  • OrigCoolKidOrigCoolKid Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    flbkab wrote: »
    1 today

Danny Mac (Dodger, Hollyoaks) signed and dedicated cast card. Took about 3 months.

did you use

Hollyoaks
    Campus Manor
    Childwall Abbey Road
    Liverpool, L16 0JP?

:)
  • flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,804
    Forum Member
    did you use

Hollyoaks
    Campus Manor
    Childwall Abbey Road
    Liverpool, L16 0JP?

:)

Yes. :)
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    going to elstree next week and rang them got through to bbc switchboard and they said the helpdesk is closed today and monday so it must mean there is no filming going on today and monday

thanks for ketting us know

i am waiting for a helpdesk reply from thursday so i guess they are closed for easter
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 replies this morning - an Eastenders card back from Cliff Parisi (dedicated, took 2 months) and an Emmerdale card back from Sally Oliver (undedicated, took 6 weeks).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got the new Emmerdale card for Sandy Thomas today, Thursday 12th April 2012. Signed "Kind Wishes [written at the top] Freddie Jones" [his name signed at bottom of picture.] Wrote to him on Friday 23rd March 2012. So taken just under 3 weeks (would be 3 weeks tomorrow).

I guess he has taken longer than normal for him as
    1) I sent the letter on a Friday,
    2) there has been 2 bank holidays in England (Scotland still get post).
    3) My SAE was a 2nd class stamp.
    4) Has had an increase in mail due to the major storyline he is involved in
    5) having been on screen in March and a lot this month, I am guessing he was filming in Feb early March. So perhaps he had time off at the latter end of March and has just come back to work.

So hopefully people waiting for him will start to get theirs soon.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,928
    Forum Member
    At elstree but most boring days ever havent got any new autographs:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got the new Emmerdale card for Sandy Thomas today, Thursday 12th April 2012. Signed "Kind Wishes [written at the top] Freddie Jones" [his name signed at bottom of picture.] Wrote to him on Friday 23rd March 2012. So taken just under 3 weeks (would be 3 weeks tomorrow).

I guess he has taken longer than normal for him as
    1) I sent the letter on a Friday,
    2) there has been 2 bank holidays in England (Scotland still get post).
    3) My SAE was a 2nd class stamp.
    4) Has had an increase in mail due to the major storyline he is involved in
    5) having been on screen in March and a lot this month, I am guessing he was filming in Feb early March. So perhaps he had time off at the latter end of March and has just come back to work.

So hopefully people waiting for him will start to get theirs soon.

Yup, got mine this morning too, with the same message. I posted my letter to him on the 10th March, so it's taken a month. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At elstree but most boring days ever havent got any new autographs:(

Really sorry to hear that.
    Yup, got mine this morning too, with the same message. I posted my letter to him on the 10th March, so it's taken a month. :)

Seeing as Emmerdale film 4-6 weeks in advance it is therefore quite possible middle-end of March he was off.

Glad you got yours. I sent quite a few on the 23rd March and had back Sean Spencer (on the 4th) and Sandy Thomas today. Really hope to get Megan Macey sometime soon as she seemed to sign when she first came in. If I'd realised she had had a card so soon I would of written to her straight away.

Anyone had their studio sets yet from the helpdesk? So much for being ready in February :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone had their studio sets yet from the helpdesk? So much for being ready in February :(

Nothing yet, no.

2 other replies this morning - an EastEnders card from Perry Fenwick (undedicated, took 19 months) and a Corrie card from Tony Hirst (dedicated, took 5 months).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 today (my first in months)

Jamie Foreman 72 days undedicated
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi,
    I want to write to John Michie-Karl from corrie (he used to be in Taggart which i liked watching)

How long does he take to reply via corrie
    what is the address
    does he dedicate
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lewisktfc wrote: »
    does anyone know where/how i could get charlie jones? either him or Oliver stokes (michael in benidorm)

Charlie Jones
    c/o Anna Fiorentini Theatre and Film School
    Business Design Centre
    Unit 101a
    52 Upper Street
    London
    N1 0QH

Oliver Stokes
    c/o Benidorm
    Tiger Aspect Productions
    4th Floor
    Shepherd’s Building Central
    Charecroft Way
    London
    W14 0EE

or

Oliver Stokes
    c/o Mondi Associates
    Unit 3 O
    Cooper House
    2 Michael Road
    London
    SW6 2AD

;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Dedicated Allisyn Ashley Arm Today
    (Disney's So Random/Sonny With A Chance)

took around 3 months via email
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 this morning - a letter and signed post-it note from Rachel Shenton (Hollyoaks' Mitzeee - dedicated, took 6 and a half months), and an Emmerdale card and letter from Emma Davies (dedicated, took 2 weeks).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xAlana1996 wrote: »
    Dedicated Allisyn Ashley Arm Today
    (Disney's So Random/Sonny With A Chance)

took around 3 months via email

do u mean u sent her a Email and she sent you a reply through the post?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 today

Ray dixon-chucky venn took 12 days dedicated

Kim fox-Tameka empson took 12 days my one is dedicated
    she sent me 2 as i told her a bit about the chairty i volunteer for and how they need donations for a chairty auction.
    And she sent me a Undedicated card for the charity which is super nice
    she also wrote me a Letter/note answering my questions.

I actually cant belive She took that quick and sent me a card for my charity reqest :)

Im so Happy :):):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Hi all, what is the current address for Corrie and do I have to put a stamp on the SAE envelope or do they pay the postage like EE? :)
    Forum Member
    do u mean u sent her a Email and she sent you a reply through the post?

yeah.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 replies this morning - first was a Coronation Street card from Craig Kelly (dedicated, took 9 months), and then a very nice surprise - I'd sent a Neighbours card to Damien Bodie back in December, and he returned it signed and dedicated and also included a DVD boxset of his new TV series, Winners and Losers, which he'd also signed and written a note on.
  • Suitcase BeraoSuitcase Berao Posts: 6,078
    Forum Member
    and then a very nice surprise - I'd sent a Neighbours card to Damien Bodie back in December, and he returned it signed and dedicated and also included a DVD boxset of his new TV series, Winners and Losers, which he'd also signed and written a note on.
    Wow, that was generous of him. Take it you wrote to him in Australia aswell, which would make it even more nice of him to do that. What a fine fellow he is!

Signed Georgia Henshaw (Madi Diamond, Waterloo Road) cast card this morning along with a letter, took around 4 months. Nice photo of her aswell.
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nina Wadia (Zanab EE) signed my 8x10 after 3 1/2 years! One of my all-time longest waits for a response. Just goes to show ... never give up hope ...

I'm off to stalk Anita Dobson at my local theatre tonight. I've met her a couple of times before and she's lovely.
    Forum Member
    Nina Wadia (Zanab EE) signed my 8x10 after 3 1/2 years! One of my all-time longest waits for a response. Just goes to show ... never give up hope ...

I'm off to stalk Anita Dobson at my local theatre tonight. I've met her a couple of times before and she's lovely.

wow! nice success! i wrote to her back in 2010 (Nina) i had given up completely on getting that one.. things are looking more hopeful now :)