Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 11)

Comments

• belombbelomb Posts: 3,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FCK OFF to everything else in that episode apart from George. Whyyyy break it up so much?! Devote an episode to it and replace Maddie with Tilly as the friend who went with Callum. Jeeeeesus.
  • LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care what anyone says, Liberty is awesome.

That is all.
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    garyessex wrote: »
    Interesting how 6 months ago George was detested as the worst new sixth former and we all agreed Maddie and Tilly had the best potential..how things change. Except Neil..everyone still rightly believes he's an annoying ****.

I've never liked Maddie, but for me George was the worst, Maddie came a close second. But George is now my favourite teen.. An amazing change.

The only one back then that I thought had potential was Tilly and Callum. And despite Callum acting quite wooden during emotional scenes he is a great teen, my second favourite.. Can't judge Tilly though, she has yet to do anything.
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Excellent storylines but terrible pacing atm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That is all.

yes, she is! :D

George and Barney were the highlights of that episode... and Liberty ;)

George is the only teen I ever liked, I was just impartial to the others
  • Vanessa73Vanessa73 Posts: 7,330
    Forum Member
    I like Liberty more this time round. She's fun! :)
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    TheMunch wrote: »
    Just what I'm thinking!

You just know when the breaks are over Will is going to be a moron. He'll say some stupid things, act overprotective and then the only way he'll make up for ruining it is if he gets punched in the face by Rob.

Well, I was right in that Will made the scene annoying but other characters revived it. Barney made the scene good and tying him to the chair was funny too.

I say this all the time and I'll keep saying it: Barney's amazing. He should get some kind of award.

George's dad...he's got a bit of a temper hasn't he? He seemed to love George (or Andrew) when he saw him but I think there's something about him.

Do we refer to George as George or as Andrew now? To me he'll always be George.

Oh and +10 for Liberty. :)
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    The George stuff I found totally unengaging - sorry to say!

The whole episode was a bit odd really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the pacing is too fast with these storylines, but I seem to remember towards the end of last year when everyone was saying the storylines were dragging on too long (e.g. the Silas and rape storylines), so perhaps HO listened to that. The problem is they have got a happy medium with it and are going too fast
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the George storyline, so glad that George arrived at the end, I hope he isn't leaving the show. But like my last post said, I really didn't like Maddie taking over and feeling it was her right to tell George's parents. It isn't her business or her right to do that, it was up to George. No matter what Maddie thought, she shouldn't have gone to that house.

I didn't care for the Riley/Mitzeee scenes, usually Mitzeee steals every scene and I love seeing her, but I felt that that storyline wasn't needed in the episode at all. I did like Mitzeee arranging for Carmal and Mercedes to go around the flat at the same time and showing that Mercedes doesn't care about Bobby, but the episode could have done without those scenes.

The fresher scenes were alright, but like the other storylines, it was so short. The intervention should have lasted all episode, not just for 30 seconds with Rob repeating everything they were saying. They had all of them (apart from Annalise) there, they really should have made the most of it, but they put hardly any effort into it at all.
  • Ayla_89Ayla_89 Posts: 39,663
    Forum Member

That is all.

As is Mitzeee ;) Those two and Barney made the episode for me.

The George stuff was pretty heartbreaking at the end.
    Forum Member
    Best thing about this episode was the George storyline! Totally gripping and well acted. :) I was in tears at the end! :cry:
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed Liberty tonight. I like the way they write her as sort of spaced out now - plays well with her acting style.
    Forum Member
    TheMunch wrote: »
    George's dad...he's got a bit of a temper hasn't he? He seemed to love George (or Andrew) when he saw him but I think there's something about him.

Do we refer to George as George or as Andrew now? To me he'll always be George.

I got the impression that George and his dad were distant from each other, maybe different interests with George/Andrew being into fashion, but when Andrew 'died', his dad regretted everything. But that is just my thoughts..

Always George for me, he doesn't look like a Andrew.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reo wrote: »
    I really didn't like Maddie taking over and feeling it was her right to tell George's parents. It isn't her business or her right to do that, it was up to George.

I agree, it felt really awkward and uncomfortable that she got to tell them. I loved George in those scenes tonight and I was hoping it'd be his moment, I suppose he sort of had it but it wasn't the same after Maddie had already blabbed :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    Oh wow that reunion was beautiful!
    Vanessa73 wrote: »
    Awwwwwwwwww! George! Bless him! :cry:

i had leaky eyes when they opened that door! hope Maddie falls off the cliff they thought George/Andrew went over.

loved naughty Liberty :)
  • LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand George's dad's anger. If you think your son committed suicide and has been dead for eight months, then two strangers appear, one of them a non-expressive mute and the other and the other tells you your son is alive, I'd react angrily too.

Who'd believe that? Especially since they said they had been receiving prank phonecalls.
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed Liberty tonight. I like the way they write her as sort of spaced out now - plays well with her acting style.

Yes. It really, really works. :cool:
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that was the worst episode I have ever seen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The George reunion was quite emotional. But I expect that is the end of the SL and unsure where it can go from here. Still it was quite good.

I don't understand why Will locked the door, tried to give Rob the third degree and then said that it shouldn't be mentioned again and walked away :confused::confused:

The McQueen/ Mitzee/Riley SL is , judging by the spoilers, heading into unchartered territory and looking like
    Riley, having taken on board the Mitzeees plot, is starting to 'feel the guilt'. I really hope he doesn't succumb. Despite Mitzeees interference, she has it right. Mercedes is not interested in Bobby. She just wants to be a wag.
    Forum Member
    Who'd believe that? Especially since they said they had been receiving prank phonecalls.

It's a shame that they are rushing through everything, with the bullying storyline causing a kid to run away and his parents receiving prank calls which continued the bullying after their son had 'died'. I have been reading about this thing in the news on several occasions lately, teens killing themselves because of bullying and the bullies causing distress to the parents of the victim.

I would like to think with all the things they are mentioning that they will make a big storyline from this, but I don't think they will.
    Forum Member
    That was the best episode i've ever seen. Loved it! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last few minutes of E4 were excellent but I felt there should of been a longer build up to it as there was so much material, but it was emotional, and so far I think George's story has been good. The students tonight were not good and I normally like them, I think this analysing everyone's behaviour is starting to grate a little, it seemed unnatural.
    Forum Member
    The last few minutes of E4 were excellent but I felt there should of been a longer build up to it as there was so much material, but it was emotional, and so far I think George's story has been good. The students tonight were not good and I normally like them, I think this analysing everyone's behaviour is starting to grate a little.

I thought it was an excellent episode. Loved the lighter moments as well as the George storyline! Steven is such a good actor. He really moves me. :)
  • OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    What are the chances that if Andrew/George doesn't leave that one of the bullies will eventually turn up and be gay and become friends or something more with George? Then the rest of the troupe will show up and the guy will go back to bullying George but will be secretly in love with him, etc.
    Forum Member
    What are the chances that if Andrew/George doesn't leave that one of the bullies will eventually turn up and be gay and become friends or something more with George? Then the rest of the troupe will show up and the guy will go back to bullying George but will be secretly in love with him, etc.

That would make an interesting storyline! :)
This discussion has been closed.