Options

Doctor Who - The Eternity Clock (Trailer)

lmddawsonlmddawson Posts: 484
Forum Member
Wasn't sure whether to post this in Doctor Who or gaming :D

They've finally released a trailer for 'The Eternity Clock', to be released in March on PC and through the PSN network.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE0QV8HpEZ0

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    lmddawson wrote: »
    Wasn't sure whether to post this in Doctor Who or gaming :D

They've finally released a trailer for 'The Eternity Clock', to be released in March on PC and through the PSN network.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE0QV8HpEZ0

Thoughts?

Hopefully we'll finally have a decent Doctor Who game.

If it is, PSN version it is, for my PS3 and my Vita!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a 2D side-scroller? That's a bit disappointing...
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a 2D side-scroller? That's a bit disappointing...

I got so excited when you said that.....then i watched the vid :(
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks a bit "meh", but I wasn't really expecting much. I don't think it's easy to make a good Doctor Who game, aside from my "Lego Doctor Who" idea from a few months ago, but the likelihood of that ever happening is practically nil.
    I won't buy it and I was never intending to.
    I think I'll stick to my Mario Kart for the time being :D.
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I like Doctor Who, it's highly unlikely I'll be buying this game. If you look to the left, you'll see why.

Mind you, I might take a look at the PC version if the recommended system requirements are reasonable.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I was expecting the graphics to be quite poor, and as such haven't really been let down by this. My biggest problem has to be how dull the backdrops actually look - this is Doctor Who, which can be set anywhere in time and space. Sure, the TV show might be limited by what they can do with a Welsh quarry but a game could be infinitely more exciting in terms of the setting - alien worlds bursting with life and colour, for example. On top of that, its just a show case of all the regular villains as well - it'd be far more interesting to see loads of new aliens being introduced, maybe culminating in a familiar foe such as the daleks at the end. I guess the imagination behind the game is setting it back as much as the limited budget.

All said and done, it could turn out to be really good, but after feeling disappointed with 'Closing Time', 'The Wedding of River Song', the Christmas special and now the trailer for this, and with no hype for Series 7 really generated yet, my love for Doctor Who is temporarily dwindled. :(
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭