Walter WhiteWalter White Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you realise its a load of shit.
  • Options
    Ted CTed C Posts: 11,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This one comes not from a horror film, but an old Western...

Duel at Diablo. Western with James Garner and Sidney Poitier. Kind of a precusor to Soldier Blue, showing the Indian's in a non-stereotyipical way.

Garner and Poiters are travelling across the country with a group of people, including women, protecting them against Indian attacks.

One of the party (Dennis Weaver) is captured by the Indians. That night, as the party are trying to sleep, they hear his screams. All night...

And you never see what is happening to him, you just hear the screams...and it was quite disturbing when I saw it as a young boy on tv back in the 70's.

Worse still, in the morning the party find him...still alive, tied upside down on a wagon wheel. You only see part of his hand...blackened, charred and bloody...as they hand him the pistol he begs for to end his life.

Yeesh, that really disturbed me for a long time afterwards...
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    This one comes not from a horror film, but an old Western...

Duel at Diablo. Western with James Garner and Sidney Poitier. Kind of a precusor to Soldier Blue, showing the Indian's in a non-stereotyipical way.

Garner and Poiters are travelling across the country with a group of people, including women, protecting them against Indian attacks.

One of the party (Dennis Weaver) is captured by the Indians. That night, as the party are trying to sleep, they hear his screams. All night...

And you never see what is happening to him, you just hear the screams...and it was quite disturbing when I saw it as a young boy on tv back in the 70's.

Worse still, in the morning the party find him...still alive, tied upside down on a wagon wheel. You only see part of his hand...blackened, charred and bloody...as they hand him the pistol he begs for to end his life.

Yeesh, that really disturbed me for a long time afterwards...

I remember that well. It's made even more disturbing by the fact they don't show what is happening and leave it up to the viewer's imagination.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    So many disturbing moments from film, but the ones that upset me the most are the ones from real life, like events during The Holocaust, for example.

The whole of Schindlers List disturbed me - but some stand out, can't get them out of my head bits are.....
    - The girl in the Red Dress.
    - The little boy that knows without being told to run and hide, and then jumps into a ton of raw shit - and has to argue for the right to do so as the space is already occupied.
    - Ralph Fiennes using the prisoners for target practice.
    - The scene when he shoots the kid who couldn't get his bath clean.
    - The scene when he shoots the "know it all" Jewess, but then orders his men to do as she had said.
    - The bit where a man is on his knees waiting to be shot, but the gun in question is jammed, so Fiennes tries it on him over and over again, and with each click, the man is just waiting to die, until they finally give up and just walk away like he was nothing.
    - The very last scene, where it changed from black and white to colour, and the actors appeared with their real life counterparts, thus proving, if there had ever been any doubt, that what you had just seen was completely real, and had happened to real people.

That final scene just completely drained whatever strength I still had by the end of the film.

I have to say, as disturbing as it was, Schindlers List is an absolute masterpiece, but it's so harrowing, I can hardly bear to watch it.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not necessarily an in film moment, but the footage of the accident on the Twilight Zone film where Vic Morrow and two children were decapitated and chopped to bits in a horrible stunt gone wrong is strangely on YouTube. It's very shocking to watch and you can't help feel sorry for those poor people who didn't know what was happening above them and all died horribly in the blink of an eye. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anything with rape/gore i avoid like the plague.

When i was younger the painting that comes to life in Ghostbusters 2 really disturbed me.
    As for now it has to be The Boy in the Striped Pjamas, every scene that little jewish boy was in, what a brilliant actor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    See No Evil
    where the killer rams the girls mobile phone in her mouth, making her swallow it, and you can see it going down her throat..yuk :eek: she then falls to the floor with blood trickling out of her mouth
  • Options
    Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A certain rape scene in Irreversible is pretty DARN disturbing.

The first scene I thought of. The fire extinguisher scene is another nasty one. The shots of the 1978 San Deigo plane crash in The Faces of Death are also a little disturbing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This Is England. Combo vs Milky. :(

Scum/Dog Pound - Davis committing suicide.
  • Options
    DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Killer Joe - When he sees his step moms pussy/or when he gets his head caved in via tin of beans :)
  • Options
    nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lady Spice wrote: »
    So many disturbing moments from film, but the ones that upset me the most are the ones from real life, like events during The Holocaust, for example.

The whole of Schindlers List disturbed me - but some stand out, can't get them out of my head bits are.....
    - The girl in the Red Dress.
    - The little boy that knows without being told to run and hide, and then jumps into a ton of raw shit - and has to argue for the right to do so as the space is already occupied.
    - Ralph Fiennes using the prisoners for target practice.
    - The scene when he shoots the kid who couldn't get his bath clean.
    - The scene when he shoots the "know it all" Jewess, but then orders his men to do as she had said.
    - The bit where a man is on his knees waiting to be shot, but the gun in question is jammed, so Fiennes tries it on him over and over again, and with each click, the man is just waiting to die, until they finally give up and just walk away like he was nothing.
    - The very last scene, where it changed from black and white to colour, and the actors appeared with their real life counterparts, thus proving, if there had ever been any doubt, that what you had just seen was completely real, and had happened to real people.

That final scene just completely drained whatever strength I still had by the end of the film.

I have to say, as disturbing as it was, Schindlers List is an absolute masterpiece, but it's so harrowing, I can hardly bear to watch it.

I was upset with the scene where the German officer decides to save bullets in the Warsaw ghetto and just lines up a load of Jews and uses the same bullet through them all. Horrific
  • Options
    ramraiderukramraideruk Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Suffer the little children to come unto me' from Sophie's choice. This is my favourite film. An amazing moment and an horrendous choice.
  • Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The opening of Sinister is quite disturbing when it shows the portion of the 'Family Hanging Out' reel
  • Options
    Forum Member
    May has some disturbing scenes in.. a film in which i haven't watched in many years

about
    this girl who makes enemies and tries to makes friends with them..she then makes comments on their appearances things like i like your eyes,,or you have nice arms..you have nice lips, etc..Then she kills them and takes the things she likes :D and makes this doll friend..The ending is quite disturbing as she sews the body parts together and makes this box of the ''doll'' friend and then lies by it.
    .ooohh i couldn't sleep after watching it :D
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A scene that I find hard to watch is Sharon Stone in 'Last Dance'.
    When she gets a stay of execution seconds before the lethal injection is administered.

There is something frighteningly realistic about her reaction when she is released from the table.

I also agree with Widger's post (from more than half a decade ago) about Goodfellas and the kick in scene. There is something very disturbing about De Niro in that scene.
  • Options
    livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The worst, and I mean absolute WORST for me has to be the human centipede 2. My friends said don't watch it, its beyond sick. And I went ahead and watched it anyway thinking "oh whatever, nothing shocks me" well... This film did. I wish I hadn't watched it.

Requiem for a dream has some horrid scenes, the fridge turning into a monster, the electro convulsive therapy scene, the pool table and the arm. Its so bleak and depressing, and the cinematography invokes some really uncomfortable feelings.

Some of the saw movies too. Fancying drowning in a vat of liquidised decaying pig carcasses? Gross.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found some bits of The Krays, and Bronson quite hard to watch.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    treefr0g wrote: »
    I also agree with Widger's post (from more than half a decade ago) about Goodfellas and the kick in scene. There is something very disturbing about De Niro in that scene.

It doesn't help that one of the film's most violent scenes is played out with Donovan's "Atlantis" playing in the background, a song that became an anthem of the peaceful hippie movement. :D

Likely deliberate on Scorsese's part.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is quite a disturbing scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycT7-SNFcqA

If by disturbing you are referring to the fashions... then yes, it is.
  • Options
    Ted CTed C Posts: 11,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    If by disturbing you are referring to the fashions... then yes, it is.

It might have been disturbing if it wasn't so badly made...ok, I know it's 80's and low budget stuff, but the blood bags exploding on the people are screamingly obvious, and therefore it just looks silly.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find the final fate of Clarence Beeks in Trading Places quite disturbing. He's a git so deserves it, but still. They tape up his mouth and glue him inside a gorilla suit, then put him in a cage with a horny mail gorilla. He'll be unable to eat or drink, so won't last long, but what time he has left will be spent being raped by a gorilla.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I find the final fate of Clarence Beeks in Trading Places quite disturbing. He's a git so deserves it, but still. They tape up his mouth and glue him inside a gorilla suit, then put him in a cage with a horny mail gorilla. He'll be unable to eat or drink, so won't last long, but what time he has left will be spent being raped by a gorilla.

errrr, is it a horror film :confused:
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another scene that I find disturbing is in 'Mr Majestyk'.
    It's when the guy goes into the portable toilet and you see headlights come on in the distance. The car accelerates and hits the toilet and the occupant is dazed.
    The mafia boss then looks around for something to kill him with. It's the callousness of the villain at this point that I find most disturbing and his total lack of compassion.

The actor in question played the part brilliantly as I truly hated him.
  • Options
    rehab_101rehab_101 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ending of The Great Ecstasy of Robert Carmichael. None of the film was particularly great but me and a friend stuck it out to the end. I was literally behind a cushion watching the ending, it was that bad, he went and got the dvd and put it straight in the bin, no comments, no questions just straight in the bin.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found the scene in Sinister with the family in the car to the music accompanying it very chilling in the cinema