SMS sent time always the same as recieved time on 3

AetnlaAetnla Posts: 565
Forum Member
✭✭
I occasionally turn my phone off and someone sends me a message when it's off and have noticed the sent time of the SMS message is now always the same as time I received it from when I turned my phone on.

I tested this by turning my phone off then using an old T-Mobile phone to send a message to my 3 phone that's turned off. I then later turned it on and saw the sent time is exactly the same as the received time on the message info.

I have also looked in the SMS database on my phone using Root Explorer and noticed that every single message received from 4th November 2013 and onwards has the service centre number +447782000809 regardless of what network the sender is on. Does anyone know why the 3 network like this now and what they have done?

Comments

• PriliclaPrilicla Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tha SCN for three should be +447782000800.

Change it to this number and it may sort your problem.
  • qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you actually read his post?

The SMSC number he quoted is what 3 change all SMSC numbers to on incoming text messages.

You really want him to tell everyone he knows to change the SMSC on their non-3 phones?!
  • PriliclaPrilicla Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    qasdfdsaq wrote: »
    Have you actually read his post?

Yes but not read and understand it properly. :blush:
  • qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tsk :p

I don't have any idea why it's happening but networks messing with/not obeying SMS and GSM standards is quite common.