**SPOILER** Thread - Saturday 13th December 2014

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Cornchips wrote: »
    I'm not one for conspiracies. However has there ever been a SCD tour that didn't include the series winner? Coincidences make my teeth itch.

Only the first year when Alesha didn't do it. Of course the BBC can't fix the viewer vote but they do know the viewer vote and they know how to engineer the leaderboard and other factors to help, but not guarantee, the result they want. For example, for the first time tonight there were no ties on the leaderboard, which meant that Jake had an uphill struggle for votes. I wasn't a fan of Pixie but the ties on the leaderboard last week meant that, even though she was high on the leaderboard, she had to work for votes.
  • carol northcarol north Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cezzy wrote: »
    A big thank you to Abigailsmum & everyone who has provided spoilers or contributed in any way to the spoiler threads. I don't always pop but but I always salute the effort made;-):)

I agree. Thank you.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Great result, I never did see what the people who voted saw in his dancing. Apart from the first week, when he wiggled better than the others, he hasn't had a decent dance. He didn't deserve to be in the final.

I think Jake was marked much more fairly tonight and it's a fair result BUT for me it begs the question why was he overmarked in previous weeks?

It seems the occasion of the SF was used to justify a change in marking policy and if so that doesn't sit well.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too! Very shocked by this. I think he was the weakest tonight but preferred him to Mark in general. Feels odd that he is in the final. Him and Simon have both been in the bottom two 3 times!

I thought Jake had it in the bag.

It's the issue of dance off with judges making decision. It should be on judges scores/public vote. I doubt Pixie would have gone for two reasons. Firstly too many assumed judges would save her no matter what so put votes elsewhere. Also doubt she was bottom of the scores.

Judges saving unpopular people is hardly encouraging people to enjoy show.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sho Nuff wrote: »
    I can't wait to see Simon & Kristina's reaction when they are told they are through to the final!! :):):)

I was just thinking that :)
  • Sho NuffSho Nuff Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Gutted for Jake - but it was clear the judges just did not want him in the final. He probably should have been in the bottom 2 this week but not bottom of the leader board. Personally I detested Mark's 'Rumba' and was astounded it scored as high as it did - not a single rumba walk on view. I was also shocked Simon's Samba got the marks it did what with all the errors!!

Jake was shafted by the judges and had been for a while - I was hoping the public would put him through :(. I know I shouldn't listen to the conspiracy theorists but it does make you wonder - especially as the BBC doesn't release the results of the public vote.

Oh well - I will watch the final next week having no cares about who wins now :)

Simon was doing so well until he messed up the samba rolls section. His hip action and bounce were great, some of the best samba steps done by a male celeb for a long time. It's such a shame it went pear shaped. What he did right, he did amazingly well. There was far more samba content in his routine than rumba content in Mark's by a mile.
  • saggy1saggy1 Posts: 4,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark v Jake

JAKE OUT

Thank you abigailsmum. I don't post on the forum anymore but I've enjoyed your spoiler every week as always. You are a star. :)
  • sey77sey77 Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So happy for Simon, but I'm just disgusted that Mark has made the final.

Urrrgh, the most arrogant self-absorbed man...

Totally disagree... Simon is the most arrogant man on there. He should have gone out when he was in the dance off with Thom. There is no way he should have made it to the final. He definitely should have gone out last week. There is no way he is a better dancer than Pixie. Lens reasoning was a total farce!!!
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    I bookmarked that from this thread last year. :)
  • bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the results, no great shocker. After two weeks I would have guessed on a male winner and for it to be either Mark or Jake but now I think it will be Frankie. I think the result will be Frankie, Simon, Mark, Caroline
  • samiskimsamiskim Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo hoo Jake is out - I couldn't be more pleased. Am gutted that cry baby Mark Wright didn't go too - he is so self-absorbed, full of himself and gives himself the biggest tick whilst whining and moaning how hard it is. I really don't want him to win. I will be happy to see either Caroline or Frankie lift the Glitterball. Hope Cry Baby comes third - girl power for 1 and 2 - they are both great but my heart does say Caroline.
  • Pauline_TynanPauline_Tynan Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    2012 the winning pro didn't do the tour though.

I got the impression all week between ITT and tonights show that they wanted Jake out - he got less VT and clips time than the others - and the emphasis was placed on Mark not having previous dance expirence while Jake had none either.

I am really glad that Caroline and Simon are through - well deserved. Frankie danced the AT very well. I didn't like Mark's rumba - it was just posing and no hip movement at all. Anyway the final 4 has been decided - Caroline or Simon to win
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :
    Mark v Jake

JAKE OUT
    :(:cry: Aw. I liked Jake. I think his showdance with Janette would have been spectacular!

Thanks to you and your insider for these deliciously yummy spoilers!

Caroline and Pasha FTW now!
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the spoiler.

The correct bottom two on tonight's performances, but I'm sorry to see Jake go.
    I'm not particularly looking foward to the final, judging by tonight's show I think it will be a dull affair. Two pretty average male dancers, against two slightly better female ones. No real star quality this year, in my opinion.
  • sanwinsanwin Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    Thank you Abigailsmum for your work on here and also to your spies. Have a great Christmas and a great year until Strictly 2015 starts.
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    Well I've just lost £10. Had a non virtual bet on Jake
  • foxyredfoxyred Posts: 15,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    All the finalists are doing the tour.

I'm saying nothing.

That's why I voted for Simon and Caroline.... I'm going to the gig and want to see the winner there ;-)
  • BadWigeonBadWigeon Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of Blue, I'm more a metal head, and I knew nothing about Simon until he came to Strictly. But clearly he must kick pensioners and drown kittens in his spare time to warrant the level of dislike some posters proclaim. He seems like a lovely bloke to me. I hope he or Caroline win.

On a geeky note - this shows Kevin to have a 100% record in getting his partner to the final and Pasha (I think) 75%. Maybe they'll get the duffers next year and. Brenda will get the Pixie of the year.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis Smith did the tour. The only year the winner didn't was the first year of the tour when Alesha wasn't available. It's amazing how the winner is always available for the tour even though the tour line-up is finalised weeks before the final. ;-)

But you mentioned the pros being elimated, Flavia doesn't do the tour.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    It's the issue of dance off with judges making decision. It should be on judges scores/public vote. I doubt Pixie would have gone for two reasons. Firstly too many assumed judges would save her no matter what so put votes elsewhere. Also doubt she was bottom of the scores.

Judges saving unpopular people is hardly encouraging people to enjoy show.

My main reservation about that way of thinking is that a contestant who gets the fewest votes isn't necessarily unpopular. They might be very popular (though less so than the others); or they may be very popular as a 2nd favourite, even though they weren't enough people's 1st fave; or people who liked them may not have been worried enough (perhaps because they were high on the leader-board) to give them enough votes that time; and so on.

I think there's often too quick a slide from fewer votes to thinking they're unpopular, and then to thinking they're disliked.
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Extremely happy with tonight's result. Mark honestly deserves to be in the final.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    I got the impression all week between ITT and tonights show that they wanted Jake out - he got less VT and clips time than the others - and the emphasis was placed on Mark not having previous dance expirence while Jake had none either.

I am really glad that Caroline and Simon are through - well deserved. Frankie danced the AT very well. I didn't like Mark's rumba - it was just posing and no hip movement at all. Anyway the final 4 has been decided - Caroline or Simon to win

That has really peed me off this season ... No mention of jake not having previous experience whilst it's rammed down our throat at every opportunity about Mark >:(
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by abigailsmum
    Mark v Jake

JAKE OUT
    k9fan wrote: »
    via_487 wrote: »
    I bookmarked that from this thread last year. :)

:)

Good Luck Frankie, Caroline , Simon and Mark

:)
  • Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correct result
  • sey77sey77 Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gutted for Jake - but it was clear the judges just did not want him in the final. He probably should have been in the bottom 2 this week but not bottom of the leader board. Personally I detested Mark's 'Rumba' and was astounded it scored as high as it did - not a single rumba walk on view. I was also shocked Simon's Samba got the marks it did what with all the errors!!

Jake was shafted by the judges and had been for a while - I was hoping the public would put him through :(. I know I shouldn't listen to the conspiracy theorists but it does make you wonder - especially as the BBC doesn't release the results of the public vote.

Oh well - I will watch the final next week having no cares about who wins now :)

It's the judges that have kept him in all these weeks with their over marking. If he had been marked fairly, he would have been in the dance off weeks ago. He had very little technique. The judges always commented on his entertainment value. If they had marked according to his technique he would have gotten a lot lower scores and would have been in the bottom 2.

Pixie was my favourite and there is no way she should have gone out last week. She was head and shoulders above Simon. Darcy never liked her and always picked up on silly little things, which she let slide on other dancers and Len had a bee in his bonnet about the lifts and what Trent said. Yet again, a lot of other couples had done illegal lifts and Len didn't mention them, or said he would let it slide. They can't have it both ways...

So long as Simon doesn't win, I don't really mind who wins. Although, I do like frankie, and Caroline has got better and better.