Which housemates are you surprised didn't make UBB?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Which housemates are you shocked didn't make an appearance in UBB?

For me I expected at least an appearance from Kate Lawler, Alex Sibley, Charley Uchea and Pete Burns. They were the only 'ultimate' housemates I think deserved to be in there over the likes of Ulrika, Preston and Vanessa Feltz. Really surprised some of them, especially Charley, didn't go in at all or perhaps didn't even get asked.

I was pleasantly surprised not to see Brian Belo in the house the whole time. Even the twins got to go in! :cool:

Comments

• Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised that BB3 was practically airbrushed out of BB history.
  • feathers33feathers33 Posts: 1,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have loved to have seen Marcus from BB10.

He was my favourite that year and i would have liked to have seen more of him.
  • darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Alex Sibley.

In fact excluding anyone at all from their highest rating and highest voting series undermined the whole concept of an "Ultimate" BB.
  • BirdcageBirdcage Posts: 6,499
    Forum Member

You're so right. Do you think it's because of the Jade connection? (:rolleyes: = I'm sure it damn well was - big shame)
  • Reece_BReece_B Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Alex Sibley & Aisleyne
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Which housemates are you shocked didn't make an appearance in UBB?

For me I expected at least an appearance from Kate Lawler, Alex Sibley, Charley Uchea and Pete Burns. They were the only 'ultimate' housemates I think deserved to be in there over the likes of Ulrika, Preston and Vanessa Feltz. Really surprised some of them, especially Charley, didn't go in at all or perhaps didn't even get asked.

I was pleasantly surprised not to see Brian Belo in the house the whole time. Even the twins got to go in! :cool:

I agree with Alex, Kate & Pete but vehemently disagree that Charley is in any way an Ultimate HM. She's just a one trick pony, and the trick was never very interesting in the first place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought we would get Rex. And at least someone from BB10, though it was not obvious who. And it would have been nice if Josie had been replaced by someone else from BB11.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was astonished to see Ulrika, Michelle, Coolio, Vanessa and Preston in there. To a lesser degree Chantelle. Thought putting the BB11 winner straight in after the main series ended was absolutely ridiculous and doomed to failure...and so it proved.

Was surprised not to see Brian B at all, particularly in view of the eagerness with which they used him in the past for various things. He would have been better value than any of the above, for sure. Also surprised not to see Pete, Alex, Helen, Science, Glyn, Mikey Hughes or IDH as HMs. Delighted bloody Grace didn't go in - I feared she might. Disappointed not to see Jackie Stallone or Pete Burns.

UBB was clearly weighted in favour of the BB favourites (Brian and Nikki) and they made no attempt to hide it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Vanessa could go in for a week I can see no reason why Josie wasn't given a few days grace to think about it and recharge although, as nice as she may be, quite how she won I don't know.

Has she been sponsored by Slumberland yet? :eek:
  • Reece_BReece_B Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Why were you astonished to see Michelle Bass in there?
    She was an amazing HM, definitely one of the most memorable
    Most of the people on here will agree with me, I'm sure.
    I actually rate her as my all-time fav.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    I was astonished to see Ulrika, Michelle, Coolio, Vanessa and Preston in there. To a lesser degree Chantelle. Thought putting the BB11 winner straight in after the main series ended was absolutely ridiculous and doomed to failure...and so it proved.

Was surprised not to see Brian B at all, particularly in view of the eagerness with which they used him in the past for various things. He would have been better value than any of the above, for sure. Also surprised not to see Pete, Alex, Helen, Science, Glyn, Mikey Hughes or IDH as HMs. Delighted bloody Grace didn't go in - I feared she might. Disappointed not to see Jackie Stallone or Pete Burns.

UBB was clearly weighted in favour of the BB favourites (Brian and Nikki) and they made no attempt to hide it.

Jackie Stallone must be in her eighties now. I doubt travelling from the USA would do her much good, let alone spending time in the house.
  • lazermanlazerman Posts: 1,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marcus and rex would have been good.
  • TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hira from Big Brother 10 should've been there doing her little dance.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,973
    Forum Member

My thoughts exactly. Normally, a few years later, people could name 3 housemates from a particular series. With BB3 I could name at least 6. There should have been at least one person in UBB representing BB3.

Brian Belo is the other one. I always thought he would play a big part in UBB, what with him spending a lot of time on BBLB and just generally being a massive fan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    definitively science he was a legend
  • misterelimistereli Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely Charley. Her fake eviction and her real eviction were some of the highest rated episodes that year. It was averaging around 3-4 million, but her shows got around 5-6 million.

People hated her, but she got people watching. I was surprised that she wasn't included.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I'm glad Jackie was acknowledged in the echoyyyy voices montage last night... "Yeah, Brackie"
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was (pleasently) stunned at the lack of Brian Belo. Considering he's usually there at the snap of BB's fingers, it was a massive surprise for them not to give him one final run out. Also, the lack of Luke and Rebecca was much appreciated, but on the sadder side, no Alex, Aisleyne or Rachel Rice. (All of whom I'd have hoped for at least a task appearence)

Of those who went in, the biggest surprises for me were Michelle and Ulrika, Ulrika because she hated it so much the first time and wasnt that memorable even as a winner, and Michelle because despite being one of the best housemates ever, I thought they'd have forgotten her or overlooked her for bigger names. :)
  • Jungle Cat #5Jungle Cat #5 Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheElf wrote: »
    Hira from Big Brother 10 should've been there doing her little dance.
    definitely an all-time great, was shocked to see she wasnt put in the house at some point
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    I was (pleasently) stunned at the lack of Brian Belo.

Yes, I was convinced he would be in there. So glad about that. :)
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,973
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised that Pete Burns didn't make an appearance.