Options

Mary is Spend!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Spend= Finished/done/over

She won't win. I can't imagine anybody going to her concert I'd rather go and see Jedward.:(

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    green855 wrote: »

She won't win. I can't imagine anybody going to her concert I'd rather go and see Jedward.:(

Maybe the could do a concert together.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having Mary on my tv for several weeks will be like being stuck with an irritating character on Big Brother that we can't evict (not like the one who irritates the other HMs as they are funny).
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having Mary on my tv for several weeks will be like being stuck with an irritating character on Big Brother that we can't evict (not like the one who irritates the other HMs as they are funny).

Like Carole?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Like Carole?

:D

STFU Mary
  • Options
    bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like Carole?

harsh :D

i like mary but she's got no chance of winning
  • Options
    magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    green855 wrote: »

Oh dear!! It is spent!!
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like Carole?

There's no need to compare Mary to STFU
  • Options
    Skip_TechSkip_Tech Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    magsy56 wrote: »
    Oh dear!! It is spent!!

thread fail alert:D
  • Options
    jcallaghan86jcallaghan86 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can't stand the woman, just as big a fake as katie, mary already won a talent show in ireland and couldn't even get to no1 there, and she completely lied at her audition saying shes only just got confidence to sing, whatever mary!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC41V6jDUEM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoctoiFMW2o

hopefully it will be a katie/mary bottom 2, first week!!!!!!!
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary has been cast as the "sympathy" character. There is absolutely no chance of her winning, but she's got a sob story going, she can hold a tune, and she'll probably last a few weeks. I'd vote for the Italian guy to go ASAP, can't stand him, and I wouldn't care if he sang like Pavarotti.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a bit harsh OP. Mary has a good voice and a lot of enthusiasm.
    She seems grounded and she doesn't go for vocal gymnastics so I like her for that.
    I would pay to see and hear her sing.
  • Options
    astoundedastounded Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get her name right. It's TESCO MARY!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    astounded wrote: »
    Get her name right. It's TESCO MARY!!

lol, wonder if she quit or got time off, hopefully she kept her options open... unless of course ireland is remaking the vicar of dibley, its uncanny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    can't stand the woman, just as big a fake as katie, mary already won a talent show in ireland and couldn't even get to no1 there, and she completely lied at her audition saying shes only just got confidence to sing, whatever mary!!

Get it right katie/cher bottom two first week then i might consider watching the rest.Id love to see the look on tweedys face when this happens...:cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get it right katie/cher bottom two first week then i might consider watching the rest.Id love to see the look on tweedys face when this happens...:cry:

Given that you have started a thread saying we should all boycott XF what are you doing watching even the first week.

Leading by example :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary has the potential to be an international superstar. I can see her becoming even bigger than Leona, Alexandra and Boyle combined. Never understimate the Tesco vote.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary has the potential to be an international superstar. I can see her becoming even bigger than Leona, Alexandra and Boyle combined. Never understimate the Tesco vote.

i read online that her debut single sold a whopping 20 copies and she was working in Tesco at the time. sorry but she comes across as a bit full of herself
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's dreadful. They're desperate for her to be the XF version of Susan Boyle but it's not going to happen. She's not likeable enough, too cocky, and something about her screams fake to me. She has a decent voice and could probably make a living on cruise ships or something but I agree with the OP - would anyone REALLY rush out to go to one of her concerts, should she win? I don't see it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    I'd vote for the Italian guy to go ASAP, can't stand him, and I wouldn't care if he sang like Pavarotti.

I can't stand him either. As someone from an Italian background he is a complete embarrasement to me.
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mary doesnt have a chance in hell of winning.. she s only in there to give variety .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calamity wrote: »
    Mary doesnt have a chance in hell of winning.. she s only in there to give variety .

suppose it'll come down to whether ireland can vote or not, but would it really make a difference neways? why did louis have to drag x factor over there, now look at the hassle with voting lines, aside from mary and a one or two others they took the p**s out of ireland
  • Options
    TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Like I said in a thread yesterday about Katie, people are silly to think X Factor contestants are completely unknown or haven't tried before.

Leona had a documentries made about her and was ready to release a record.

I'd put money on the fact these people are hand picked & we know the VT's are scripted by the producers.

It's simply a TV show to sell records.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    She's dreadful. They're desperate for her to be the XF version of Susan Boyle but it's not going to happen. She's not likeable enough, too cocky, and something about her screams fake to me. She has a decent voice and could probably make a living on cruise ships or something but I agree with the OP - would anyone REALLY rush out to go to one of her concerts, should she win? I don't see it.

I don't get why other people aren't seeing this. Most people say she is soooooooo nice.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why other people aren't seeing this. Most people say she is soooooooo nice.:confused:

It baffles me. Her persona does not ring true at all but she's managed to win people over as this kooky auntie type figure. Sorry, but I don't buy it and haven't done since day one.
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand the fuss about Mary (not that it is a particularly big fuss mind) but she is not even a very good singer - not even as good as Subo and that's not saying much. I think they are trying too hard to recreate the Subo phenomena!