Options

Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup.

& if it had have been Pete who was terrified of flying, we'd have had several close up shots of him sweating and shaking interspersed with Claire saying ' I'm so proud of Pete, he's come such a long way' with him grinning and giving a pathetic 'thumbs up' to camera.....:yawn:

The thing is, as contemptible as it is for a 40-year old father to be behaving like an overexcited toddler, there does seem to be a succession of women who appear quite happy to enable, if not encourage PA's behaviour.
    I do wonder what would happen if the next time PA was conquering his fear of heights by stepping off a pavement, one of them turned to him and said something along the lines of "Grow up ffs, you're a middle-aged man"?
  • Options
    ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the real world the majority of women wouldn't go near a manchild like P.A., but this is celebrity land and there are obviously benefits - cars, tv air time, glamourous holidays, big house etc.

Personally speaking I find his inability to seemingly do anything really irritating. He couldn't even read instructions and set up a small fish tank ffs ! I'm still torn whether he's just a manchild who has never had to do anything for himself, lazy or thick.
  • Options
    delazarousdelazarous Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    I'm still torn whether he's just a manchild who has never had to do anything for himself, lazy or thick.

Or all three.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    delazarous wrote: »
    Or all three.

Plus desperately needy and self-absorbed.

No way will that combination not wear very thin after a while, celebrity lifestyle or no celebrity lifestyle.
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the real world the majority of women wouldn't go near a manchild like P.A., but this is celebrity land and there are obviously benefits - cars, tv air time, glamourous holidays, big house etc.

Personally speaking I find his inability to seemingly do anything really irritating. He couldn't even read instructions and set up a small fish tank ffs ! I'm still torn whether he's just a manchild who has never had to do anything for himself, lazy or thick.

All three?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, as contemptible as it is for a 40-year old father to be behaving like an overexcited toddler, there does seem to be a succession of women who appear quite happy to enable, if not encourage PA's behaviour.
    I do wonder what would happen if the next time PA was conquering his fear of heights by stepping off a pavement, one of them turned to him and said something along the lines of "Grow up ffs, you're a middle-aged man"?[/QUOTE

Ellen Rives doesnt look as though she would suffer. When he didnt call her, she really let him know she was unhappy and was used to attention. One gets the impression, its his way or the highway.

If I was Enily's mum I would be upset. She is filmed with him on mothers day and didnt go home and the narrator tells us they have gone back to their room, so everyone knows they are sleeping together and, as a parent, I woudlnt want it in my face.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I remember in The Next Chapter when KP and PA move house, he absolutely reveled in his laziness and lack of stress on moving day, playing up to the cameras and pretending to write a song while KP is going round the house tearing her hair out. It made me wonder why KP didn't have the sense to put Peter in a creche for the day. I suspect Pete thinks this is a cute and ditzy side to his character as it's definitely something he plays up to and has done for years. Perhaps his audience find it endearing. 'Look how incapable Pete is - awww!':rolleyes:

Can you imagine being in a relationship with that, though? I couldn't - I'd want a relationship with a grown-up. He may have walked out but from what I remember, KP could barely cope with it and began to speak to him like he was a petulant child. For all KP's faults, she is a highly motivated person who can get things done. I cannot imagine two less compatible people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't get it.
    I know that opposites attract and that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and however many times momma goes wibbly at the thought of a topless PA - I honestly can't see how anyone could find him remotely physically attractive.
    St Emily is young, supposedly intelligent and reasonably pretty - so what on earth does she see in him?
    It cannot possibly be a meeting of minds, because I haven't seen any evidence to show that PA actually has one, and from the little I've seen of them and the things other FMs have said, she seems more like his carer than his girlfriend.
    Thankfully he has at least toned down the leg-humping, but they don't look to me as though they are dying to rip each other's clothes off the minute the cameras turn off.
    I DO NOT for a second think she's been contracted to be his girlfriend, but in all the photos I've seen of them she does look quite star-struck (by PA!) and that she's enjoying the attention that being a zeleb's girlfriend brings her.
    I do think that pulling someone like her has probably been a massive ego-boost for PA but I genuinely can't see how it can possibly go the distance.

I dont get it either :confused: there are many physically unattractive men who come into their own by the warmth and strength of their personalities, but he...has nothing genuine or unrehearsed inside, that anyone imo could warm to or rely on :(
    Think PA desperate attempts to appear young and boyish....clothes/hair/ girl friend, are infact achieving the opposite and showing him up to be aging quite badly now, especially when hes seen next to the fresh young face of his girlfriend :( whether their a real couple or not, wont come into it, if he feels shes publicly over shadowing him with her love of the camera, she will be gone..you can already see that uncertainty in his face in certain pics they have had taken together ;)
    And as for the boyish Andre challenges with the forced camera crew laughter in the back ground :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wonder what would happen if the next time PA was conquering his fear of heights by stepping off a pavement, one of them turned to him and said something along the lines of "Grow up ffs, you're a middle-aged man"?

Now theres something I would give up 5mins of my time just to hear someone say to him :D:D:D
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure that CAN's plan to get the critics off his back has worked. Both tv crtics in the Mirror are commenting on him this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure that CAN's plan to get the critics off his back has worked. Both tv crtics in the Mirror are commenting on him this week.

"...awesomely repetitive drivel."

Peter Andre should expand his awesome vocabulary
    Safari so bad as Insania Boy took his camera-shy girlfriend Emily (flick that hair, purse those lips) on an exciting adventure to Kenya... unaware that she used to live there.

Another riveting *instalment of ITV2 masterpiece Peter Andre: My Life featuring our lovestruck heroes savouring their romantic quality time away from it all... with the camera crew. After being conveniently spotted by some African fans (really?), global superstar Pete declared: “To be recognised in most parts of the world is awesome.”

Later he saw a herd of elephants and gasped: “Oh my gosh, those are awesome...”

Thanking their genial guide Paul, grateful Pete gushed: “Ah mate, that was awesome.”

On seeing a pride of lions, his considered opinion was: “This is awesome.”

And when articulate Pete hiked up to the mountains he had no qualms announcing: “This is awesome.”

Word of advice Mr Andre... get a vocabulary. This isn’t just drivel. It’s awesomely repetitive drivel...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-reviews/kevin-osullivan-honey-boo-boo-1896854#ixzz2Tixuxefq
    Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember in The Next Chapter when KP and PA move house, he absolutely reveled in his laziness and lack of stress on moving day, playing up to the cameras and pretending to write a song while KP is going round the house tearing her hair out. It made me wonder why KP didn't have the sense to put Peter in a creche for the day. I suspect Pete thinks this is a cute and ditzy side to his character as it's definitely something he plays up to and has done for years. Perhaps his audience find it endearing. 'Look how incapable Pete is - awww!':rolleyes:

Can you imagine being in a relationship with that, though? I couldn't - I'd want a relationship with a grown-up. He may have walked out but from what I remember, KP could barely cope with it and began to speak to him like he was a petulant child. For all KP's faults, she is a highly motivated person who can get things done. I cannot imagine two less compatible people.

I was obviously feeling nice on Thursday night because I didn't find him too bad. :p Slightly cringey in places with all the 'gushing', but I think I'd probably be the same if I was on a safari like that (except I would be terrified :o).

But anyways, the bit in bold - yes! I think this also about the constant 'being late'. He (and his crew/team/whatever) obviously know it is a regular thing, and since it is his programme and we can assume they want to portray him in a good light(?!), they must think it is an endearing, maybe 'cute', 'silly Pete' quality that will make his viewers think 'Oh look, silly Pete, late again!'. In reality...no. It is rude. Be on time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »

Safari so bad as Insania Boy took his camera-shy girlfriend Emily (flick that hair, purse those lips) on an exciting adventure to Kenya... unaware that she used to live there.

Another riveting *instalment of ITV2 masterpiece Peter Andre: My Life featuring our lovestruck heroes savouring their romantic quality time away from it all... with the camera crew. After being conveniently spotted by some African fans (really?), global superstar Pete declared: “To be recognised in most parts of the world is awesome.”

Thanking their genial guide Paul, grateful Pete gushed: “Ah mate, that was awesome.”

And when articulate Pete hiked up to the mountains he had no qualms announcing: “This is awesome.”

Word of advice Mr Andre... get a vocabulary. This isn’t just drivel. It’s awesomely repetitive drivel...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-reviews/kevin-osullivan-honey-boo-boo-1896854#ixzz2Tixuxefq

Awesome review :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D
    Neurotic Pete is now reaching for a Thesaurus. I think we should help him on his way, with "special" words he could learn and use
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    :D:D:D
    Neurotic Pete is now reaching for a Thesaurus. I think we should help him on his way, with "special" words he could learn and use

awesome

Main Entry:
    awesome  [aw-suhm] Show IPA
    Part of Speech: adjective
    Definition: amazing
    Synonyms: alarming, astonishing, awe-inspiring, awful, beautiful, breathtaking, daunting, dreadful, exalted, fearful, fearsome, formidable, frantic, frightening, grand, hairy*, horrible, horrifying, imposing, impressive, intimidating, magnificent, majestic, mean, mind-blowing*, moving, nervous, overwhelming, real gone, shocking, something else, striking, stunning, stupefying, terrible, terrifying, wonderful, wondrous, zero cool
    Antonyms: unamazing

"What a majestic coffee!"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "After being conveniently spotted by some African fans (really?), global superstar Pete declared: “To be recognised in most parts of the world is awesome.”

Every single ep, no matter where he is, they include footage of him 'being recognised' and posing with fans. It comes across as so contrived and set up, just included as an ego boost for him. I thought this instance was particularly contrived... it reeked imo of the prog makers having briefed them beforehand, just a set up for him to talk modestly :rolleyes: about how amazing it is that he's recognised wherever he goes...
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's an awesome review:D:D

I'm just waiting for the episode where the cameras wait expectantly outside the toilet and CP announces 'we are so proud of Pete being able to take a number 2 on his own' followed by the opening of the door and a big grin and thumbs up from Pete........
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's an awesome review:D:D

I'm just waiting for the episode where the cameras wait expectantly outside the toilet and CP announces 'we are so proud of Pete being able to take a number 2 on his own' followed by the opening of the door and a big grin and thumbs up from Pete........

And he says to the camera 'that was an awesome crap' ;)
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just looking at his twitter at his challenges, if he wants to stay young and piss about, why not, he's not bothering anyone :p
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    And he says to the camera 'that was an awesome crap' ;)

Actually, I think we're getting silly.......

I don't think he'd be able to do it on his own:cry::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to laugh that he has "donated" Carl to have his head shaved for the charity.

Wouldnt want Mike put out of the job of cutting your hair Pete, and actually shaving your own head:rolleyes:

Got help us when he starts his cycle ride for charity. The updates on his sore "privates" is going to be something else:D
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    Got to laugh that he has "donated" Carl to have his head shaved for the charity.

Wouldnt want Mike put out of the job of cutting your hair Pete, and actually shaving your own head:rolleyes:

Got help us when he starts his cycle ride for charity. The updates on his sore "privates" is going to be something else:D

'Hey guys, I have the most awesome chaffing on my groin, it's amazing' ;)
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahh so he is actually doing some fund raising of his own now instead of just adding his name to a charity, he is actually going to get on a bike and ride somewhere, hang on just googling

Oh it seems he plans to raise £20k but has so far raised £3,224.62, wonder who donated the odd amounts of pennies, where did 62p come from, if you're going to donate, do it in pounds
  • Options
    hunniebunhunniebun Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "After being conveniently spotted by some African fans (really?), global superstar Pete declared: “To be recognised in most parts of the world is awesome.”

Every single ep, no matter where he is, they include footage of him 'being recognised' and posing with fans. It comes across as so contrived and set up, just included as an ego boost for him. I thought this instance was particularly contrived... it reeked imo of the prog makers having briefed them beforehand, just a set up for him to talk modestly :rolleyes: about how amazing it is that he's recognised wherever he goes...

In the trailer for this episode, there was a glimpse of 'angry' Peter during his romantic meal when he was fighting off the bugs.

In the actual episode, during this set up scene, I think, IMO, it showed more than a glimpse of the man behind the false and contrived image he tries to portray. When the bugs 'attacked' him he was shown with a really quite angry and unpleasant expression - until he remembered the camera's were there - when he then turned to the camera's with a false and non-believable smile that stayed at the mouth and didn't stretch to the rest of his face. This happened 2 or 3 times until he got up and told a giggling Emily that they were leaving as he walked off paying no attention to the fact that Emily wanted to finish her meal.

I also think that on Emily's side the 'romance' seems to be waning. She just doesn't seem to be into him as much as he is into her.

She's a bright girl and surely, if she watches these episodes back she can see how self centered Peter is.

I wonder how Peter would cope when she finishes her medical degree and moves onto the 2 year post graduate foundation programme - Judging by the BBC (?) documentary series the Junior doctors work ridiculously long and unsociable hours - that doesn't fit in with a boyfriend who really wants everyone and the world to revolve around him.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am so pleased that the bubble is bursting for the abomination that is Andre.:yawn:

Maybe Michelle Mone is next in line for him.
    They'd be a great media-whoring pairing.
This discussion has been closed.