Famous People who have disapeared

SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
Forum Member
✭✭
Has anyone else noticed that sometimes really well known celebrties just disapear?? One minute they are everywhere and then they just vanish. Here are just a few former celebs who you just don't seem to hear of anymore. If anyone knows what they are up to, please let me know!!

Chris O'Donnell- Played Robin in the Batman movies, was tipped to be the next Tom Cruise and then vanished??

Whoopi Goldberg- Sister Act 1 and 2, Ghost, The Colour Purple. Made a few duff movies and went AWOL.

Steve Guttenberg- Three Men and Baby/Little Lady and the Police Academy Movies

Chevy Chase- The National Lampoon's Vacation Movies

Rick Moranis- Ghostbusters 1 and 2, Parenthood, Little Shop of Horrors, Honey I Shrunk the Kids.

Tracy Shaw- Played Maxine in Coronation Street. Big tabloid star, always in the papers, dated Darren Day(poor thing) and then vanished.

Lady Victoria Hervey- Sister of Lady Isabella. IT girl and socialite always in the papers but never heard of these days. Anyone know here wherabouts??

Comments

• strawberry66strawberry66 Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edward Norton

Michelle Pieffer

will think of some more
  • TheEvilQueenTheEvilQueen Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Whoopi is touring with her stand up act
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some more:

Sarah Greene- Going Live presenter
    Gaby Roslin- The Big Breakfast
    Jennifer Love Hewitt- I know what You did Last Summer
    Forum Member
    Sarah Green presents items on This Morning
    Gaby Roslin does a lot of stage work
    Jennifer Love Hewitt has about five movies in production.

They only disappeared off your radar, because your mind is probably filled with too much Big Brother... am I right? I thought so.
  • torreviejaladstorreviejalads Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pee Wee Herman. But I think I know why that was ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The only disappeared off your radar, because your mind is probably filled with too much Big Brother... am I right? I thought so.

Welcome TheEvilQueen :) love your name,
    Forum Member
    Thank you but I doubt I will be here long :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They only disappeared off your radar, because your mind is probably filled with too much Big Brother... am I right? I thought so.

What exactly has Big Brother got to do with this topic? :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    i'd rather have a thread titled 'famous people who should dissappear'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone else noticed that sometimes really well known celebrties just disapear?? One minute they are everywhere and then they just vanish. Here are just a few former celebs who you just don't seem to hear of anymore. If anyone knows what they are up to, please let me know!!

Chris O'Donnell- Played Robin in the Batman movies, was tipped to be the next Tom Cruise and then vanished??
    He's in an episode of Grays Anatomy and has a movie in pre-production. Unfortunately for him he wasn't big enough to survive Batman & Robin :eek:
    Whoopi Goldberg- Sister Act 1 and 2, Ghost, The Colour Purple. Made a few duff movies and went AWOL.
    She seems to be doing mostly voice work and appearances on talk shows of late. I'm sure I read somewhere that she's a chef at her resturant or something and she is also a commedian.
    Steve Guttenberg- Three Men and Baby/Little Lady and the Police Academy Movies
    He's been doing mostly TV work and has decided to come back to the Police Academy movies. He did have a five year dry spell between 90 and 95 where he did no work for whatever reason. I vaguely remember seeing something about him leaving the Police Academy francise because he thought he was bigger than the movies, could be complete twaddle though.
    Chevy Chase- The National Lampoon's Vacation Movies
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000331/
    He seems to be around and about in the US, I think the guy does the comic circuit as well.
    Rick Moranis- Ghostbusters 1 and 2, Parenthood, Little Shop of Horrors, Honey I Shrunk the Kids.
    He still does a bit of Voice work but basically he quit because he felt he was missing out on too much in his kids lives after his wife died. There's a bit on it here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mad1 wrote:
    He's in an episode of Grays Anatomy and has a movie in pre-production. Unfortunately for him he wasn't big enough to survive Batman & Robin :eek:

She seems to be doing mostly voice work and appearances on talk shows of late. I'm sure I read somewhere that she's a chef at her resturant or something and she is also a commedian.

He's been doing mostly TV work and has decided to come back to the Police Academy movies. He did have a five year dry spell between 90 and 95 where he did no work for whatever reason. I vaguely remember seeing something about him leaving the Police Academy francise because he thought he was bigger than the movies, could be complete twaddle though.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000331/
    He seems to be around and about in the US, I think the guy does the comic circuit as well.
    He still does a bit of Voice work but basically he quit because he felt he was missing out on too much in his kids lives after his wife died. There's a bit on it here

Wow! Thanks for that!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    What about Steve Brookstein or Gazza Gates? :rolleyes:

Here today, gone tomorrow....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not to mention Ghost Whisperer (which has been renewed for a second season). So hardly "vanished."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Tracy Shaw- Played Maxine in Coronation Street. Big tabloid star, always in the papers, dated Darren Day(poor thing) and then vanished.

There was a piece on her in a newspaper few weeks back
    she is having another baby and is busy being a mum
  • Saskia DuncanSaskia Duncan Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Whoopi Goldberg writes alot of stuff these days and has her own show in the US.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    On the other hand, Bobbie Gentry really HAS disappeared. No-one has heard of her whereabouts since about 1978.

(For those too young to remember, she was a successful country singer in the late 60s/early 70s.) Biggest hit: Ode to Billie Joe.
  • darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Do you mean disappeared as in possibly murdered, or am I watching too many episodes of Forensic Files! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Ryan Philipe hasn't been around for a while, where as Ms Witherspoon seems to be everywhere.
  • Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member
    Tim Vincent - Ex Blue Peter presenter. Where is he now? :confused:
  • lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick Berry...... Every Loser Wins? Not in your case, mate. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shane Ritche :D
  • lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Corrs. Weren't they just everywhere? You couldn't turn on the tv or radio without hearing them, couldn't open a paper or magazine without seeing them. They were shoved down our throats and then they just....... disappeared. :eek:
  • 1972Cath1972Cath Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    :D Martine McCutcheon - thank goodness!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'l lovin this link.......

Tim Vincent is working in the USA
    I saw Steve Brockstein at a reality party, he is so shabby and looks like he needs a good wash.

What ever happened to Kim Marsh's Husband?
    All those early Eastenders Stars, mind you I think most became cabbies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    I think Jack Ryder (Kim Marsh's husband) got a part in Family Affairs and changed his mind when he heard it was going to be cancelled :rolleyes: He's just got so many other offers coming...