Options

Is Gail really only 49?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    49 is pushing it, less face closeups would help, but when casting they cant tell how an actor will look in 25 years or so!
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Helen Worth according to imdb Cathryn Helen Wrigglesworth is 56 as of January 7th and has been married to Michael Angelis since 1991

Actually, they got divorced years ago. They were together since about 1978, got married in 1991 and got divorced a few years ago. He was playing away, I believe the rumour was!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,460
    Forum Member
    Good on the girl for ditching him!
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gail dresses "old", I think. But, then, she has had the entire weight of the world on her shoulders over the years, and could have aged prematurely as a result.

chuff.x.
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote:
    Actually, they got divorced years ago. They were together since about 1978, got married in 1991 and got divorced a few years ago. He was playing away, I believe the rumour was!
    Mo wonder she looks so miserable (for good reason)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,166
    Forum Member
    You would expect Gail Platt to look older though, would'nt you? All the stress she's been through.....

can't wait to see David's face... :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Gail Potter was 18 in the street when I was 17. I am 50 this year.

I remember Gail being friendly with Tricia Hopkins whose father Idris owned the corner shop. Tricia had been trying to get served in the Rovers but was found out to be under age.

Gail, who was slightly older than Tricia had the same problem, but not for long. Gail turned 18 and got served. At that time, I was only 17 and remember thinking that Gail and Tricia were a few months older than me. I am almost certain, at that time Gail's birthday was in February.

Well, I am 50 this year so should Gail be. I also noticed that Gail had her 30th birthday a year after I did.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I remember Gail being friendly with Tricia Hopkins whose father Idris owned the corner shop. Tricia had been trying to get served in the Rovers but was found out to be under age.

Gail, who was slightly older than Tricia had the same problem, but not for long. Gail turned 18 and got served. At that time, I was only 17 and remember thinking that Gail and Tricia were a few months older than me. I am almost certain, at that time Gail's birthday was in February.

Well, I am 50 this year so should Gail be. I also noticed that Gail had her 30th birthday a year after I did.
  • Options
    Gambit_is_aceGambit_is_ace Posts: 9,458
    Forum Member
    In 1979 she turned 21: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRPcZm4H3hE

;)

p.s. watch Audrey move! :D
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    PIE EATER wrote:

No sorry you are wrong - Gail's 21st birthday episode was screened in 1979
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think I am right. I would love to see that episode again.
    Annie Walker wouldn't serve Tricia and Gail but on this particular occasion Gail had her 18th birthday and was legally entitled to be served. A few episodes later Tricia was old enough as well.

I have looked on my tube and the Street celebrated Gail's 21st in 1979. I can't disagree with that but from her coming into the street she has lost a year.
  • Options
    peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    Is Michael Angelis the bloke that used to be in The Boys from the Black Stuff?
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PIE EATER wrote:
    I think I am right. I would love to see that episode again.
    Annie Walker wouldn't serve Tricia and Gail but on this particular occasion Gail had her 18th birthday and was legally entitled to be served. A few episodes later Tricia was old enough as well.

I have looked on my tube and the Street celebrated Gail's 21st in 1979. I can't disagree with that but from her coming into the street she has lost a year.

Oh Pie Eater - my memory plays tricks on me too - I'm 47 - I was shocked a few weeks ago to find out that Valerie Barlow's incident with the hairdryer was followed by a full blown conflagration that made "The Towering Inferno" look like a tee lite candle ! I don't recall any of that - I still try to convince myself that someone made it up to confuse me :o
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peaches41 wrote:
    Is Michael Angelis the bloke that used to be in The Boys from the Black Stuff?

Yes and he played Lucien in The Liver Birds
  • Options
    RickyWhittleFanRickyWhittleFan Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    Has Nick been aged because Ben Price is like 40 years old isn't he?
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen Worth celebrated her 60th birthday last month, I think she looks great for her age!
  • Options
    TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone think Gail looks like Morla "The Ancient One" in "The Neverending Story"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34736331@N05/3512122085/

That would make Gail ancient:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Nick been aged because Ben Price is like 40 years old isn't he?

Nope, Nick's meant to be similar age to Leanne LOL bad casting.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Helen Worth celebrated her 60th birthday last month, I think she looks great for her age!
    Do you really? I don't. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought Gail the meerkat was 60 ...at least I guessed her real age.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SoapWorld wrote: »
    I think Liz looks quite good for her age, however she would look better if she ditched the slapper look hair.

And Gail looks a few years older than 49, but in real life she is 56 so she looks a good 56 in real life!

But Liz does look younger than Gail.

I wouldn't say that Liz looks younger than Gail. Liz has that 'woman of a certain age' 'look about her, as though she's trying to hang on to her youth, which actually makes her look older IMO. Gail is more natural looking.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    Do you really? I don't. :eek:

As great as she can look considering she wasn't exactly blessed in the looks department in the first place;). Her saving grace is her thick hair and she probably looks nearer 50 than 60 realistically (or maybe as I get older everyone starts to look younger :eek:)
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Rossy22 wrote: »
    Nope, Nick's meant to be similar age to Leanne LOL bad casting.

They got married in 1998 when Nick was 17 and I think Leanne was 16.
    Hard to believe Nick is only a year older than Leanne, now! lol
  • Options
    tiggerspptiggerspp Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    I don't think you can tell her real age as she is ET's cousin and hence ages differently to human beings ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Gail as been old for as lomg as I can remember, I thought she must be at least 60.