X Factor 2013 - Judges Houses - October 5th/6th - ITV/HD @ 20:00 & 19:10

1163164165166167169»

Comments

• saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cackle at "salvation"

Haha. Quite. You know what I mean though.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    I just think you're far too emotional...

Oh what am I talking about? Being too emotional is a requirement. Do you have a child? Did you hate school? Are you stuck in a job you loathe?

Please. Don't make me go back to being one of the UK's top neurosurgeons...

It's awful. I hate it!

Besides, how will I tell my housekeeper I didn't make the live shows?!
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought that a roof 700 feet in the air was the wrong place to tell someone they had been rejected.:(
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    I thought that a roof 700 feet in the air was the wrong place to tell someone they had been rejected.:(

Should've done it at a Job Centre
  • AnotherBoxAnotherBox Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god it's all over. What a waste of time watching judges houses. All that gloop, tears, sob stories doesn't make the slightest bit of difference whether they can sing or have the x-factor. We might empathise with them, but at the end of the day it shouldn't make any difference.
    We should have seen more of the singing and rehearing and what made them choose the particular songs etc. :rolleyes:
  • NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    AnotherBox wrote: »
    Thank god it's all over. What a waste of time watching judges houses. All that gloop, tears, sob stories doesn't make the slightest bit of difference whether they can sing or have the x-factor. We might empathise with them, but at the end of the day it shouldn't make any difference.
    We should have seen more of the singing and rehearing and what made them choose the particular songs etc. :rolleyes:
    I agree with this too, it would be so much about the singing and music and not just the sob stories.

I mean do we care what the singer's family situation is when you put their CD in your car to listen to? No. its about the song and the voice, end of.

I'm afraid though this is not end we are going to have the crying and emotions all the way to the final every week. I think I think therapy by the end of it.:eek:
  • AnotherBoxAnotherBox Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slight typo in my previous post .... it should have said "rehearsing" not rehearing ;)
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    So is there going to be any wildcard this year or did us lot make that up? :confused:

Maybe Melanie will be a wildcard :rolleyes::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, the ridiculously elongated, drawn out drag of a blubathon that was the judges houses, in this "singing competition," has reached it's climax..cue, fabulous settings, people singing outside, endless cliches and Dermot looking hot and adorable in various tight fitting outfits and getting lots of hugs.

The whole thing seemed to last forever, even with the remote on almost continuous fast forward.

I'd never actually watch it live and they wonder why the whole thing has lost any sort of credibility.

Nothing surprising happened so far as the male judges were concerned.

Both Louis, who I've no respect for, dropped two of the better singers, for reasons not too hard to guess and picked a "pretty boy," and a gonk boy and one token decent singer.

Gary "It's all about the vocals, Barlow, who I'm fast losing any respect for picked a whole group of gonk boys and a duo who were a trio, then a duo, but will now revert to being a trio and predictably picked his cobbled together group who, weirdly sounded very "produced," during their "live," audition.
    Once again, in the group cateogory, decent vocal groups who'd worked their butts off to get there were ousted in favour of something totally fabricated..

If anything, I think Sharon and I hate to say this, Osbourne and Nicole came out of the whole thing having picked the better singers, some of which will fall victim to the gonk boys..

Because, hey, the X-Factor wouldn't be the X-Factor without at least one, gonk boy so that we can all go "ahhhh," and vote them in regardless of how badly they perform!

It's the law! :)

Hopefully, not the live shows are round the corner, we won't be faced with a never ending tear-fest, though I'll bet my backside that Hannah, if her voice holds out will have to cry at least once a week....and remind us of how much her life has to change..

The one small mercy that's come out of all of this is that, at least, there are no "joke "contestants this year, though I never saw anything remotely funny, or entertaining about Rylan Clarke..

So, let's see what the live shows bring..

At this stage, I'm hoping that Nicholas & Abi, two of the singers who are able to sing songs purely, without meandering all over the shop will do well....

Rich.
    x