Options

team ashleigh! ; appreciation

Comments

• Options
    SourGrapesSourGrapes Posts: 4,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love this gif by the way - kind of sums up how I felt when Helen won :)

https://twitter.com/MyAshleighCoyle/status/501017068557578240/photo/1
  • Options
    annwannw Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So her hair is 100% real. she has done a radio interview does anyone know if it is just in ireland.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The twitters between her and matthew, also her, chris and christopher were funny last night.
  • Options
    AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    annw wrote: »
    The twitters between her and matthew, also her, chris and christopher were funny last night.

But also a reminder of what we missed out on this year by not having a live feed.>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know. Anybody read her interview in the Irish newspaper, sounds like she has a lot of work lined up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know. Anybody read her interview in the Irish newspaper, sounds like she has a lot of work lined up.

Is this online anywhere? Hope she gets some fun opportunities in the coming weeks anyway
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes its in derry journal, under her name under news. Also she is back in london next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The thing is there were probably people who couldn't vote for Helen either in those five minutes (not sure why they'd want to, but...)

I kind of doubt there was anything dodgy about the voting. The editing, the fact that Helen got so many warnings with no punishment, BOTS turning into a Helen fan show, Luisa suddenly wanting her to win after supporting Ashleigh all series...yeah, all of that was dodgy. But I don't think they'd risk actually rigging the vote...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was rigged big time. As you said everybody was supporting helen on bots, also only housemates who supported helen was allowed on.
  • Options
    keeping_it_realkeeping_it_real Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    Also, what gives it a sour taste isn't that Ashleigh failed to win. If Chris or Christopher had won, I think most of us would have been happy, even if it was mixed with a touch of sadness. We'd have felt we fought a good fight, and that there was a worthy winner.

I agree, I liked Christopher but didn't vote for him as all my votes went to Ashleigh and Chris but I did believe Christopher might win and I wouldn't have minded one bit if he had.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes its in derry journal, under her name under news. Also she is back in london next week.

Thanks!

On the vote rigging thing - I also seriously doubt they'd actually mess with the vote but there was plenty of other dodgy stuff that contributed to last week's result. Not much that can be done about it now though, even if there was something to the claims about the voting we still wouldn't get to see that winning moment I was hoping for on Friday's show - it's a shame as in any other circumstances it would be great to see my favourite finish second, best to just forget about who won it
  • Options
    SpecialFriedSpecialFried Posts: 3,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SourGrapes wrote: »
    Is this online anywhere? Hope she gets some fun opportunities in the coming weeks anyway

http://www.derryjournal.com/what-s-on/arts-culture/ashleigh-coyle-i-was-terrified-to-come-back-to-derry-1-6250254
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder what she is doing on friday, she said it is a secret.
  • Options
    bein'onestbein'onest Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder what she is doing on friday, she said it is a secret.

This is a latest tweet from her:

Ashleigh Coyle ‏@ashleighcoyle22 6h
    Looks like I'll be returning to your tv screens quicker than you guys think 😁
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bein'onest wrote: »
    This is a latest tweet from her:

Ashleigh Coyle ‏@ashleighcoyle22 6h
    Looks like I'll be returning to your tv screens quicker than you guys think 😁

Strictly? I dream... :D

I hope she does well with a media career, out of the finalists I think she has the best shot at making one work (as well as her modelling of course).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's probably just BOTS so don't get too excited (I'm lowering expectations on purpose here.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AA2009 wrote: »
    It's probably just BOTS so don't get too excited (I'm lowering expectations on purpose here.)

Yes when I read it I was pretty sure it would be that
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emma just said Ashleigh will be on BOTS tomorrow (Friday) night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing her on bots.
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    SourGrapes wrote: »
    This is her twitter

https://twitter.com/ashleighcoyle22

I didn't watch CBB last night and I'm going to give this series a miss - I normally struggle with the series straight after normal BB anyway, need a bit of a break. But I do miss watching Ashleigh and Christopher

Same here, I watched the launch night of CBB, but really couldn't be bothered to watch any more.

Prefer the civilian version of BB, didn't watch last years CBB either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So you all must have seen the statement by now, right...

http://bigbrother.channel5.com/statement

Can't be bothered going over all of it right now except for the fact that Ashleigh was eight thousand votes AHEAD of Helen when the live final started! This just makes it worse, to me! She had the victory then suddenly Helen pulled twelve thousand votes out of nowhere to overtake her. Why would there suddenly be such a strong late surge for Helen?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Can't be bothered going over all of it right now except for the fact that Ashleigh was eight thousand votes AHEAD of Helen when the live final started! This just makes it worse, to me! She had the victory then suddenly Helen pulled twelve thousand votes out of nowhere to overtake her. Why would there suddenly be such a strong late surge for Helen?

Maybe if some people weren't unable to vote for Ashleigh during the final, she would have won... >:(
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There was a strong surge for Ashleigh too, though not as great.

The Helen surge wasn't just 12 thousand votes, because it had to match the surge for Ashleigh too.

Interesting:
    ]
    2. Votes cast are regularly monitored to detect any unusual voting patterns or to determine whether, for instance, computer programmes have been used to implement automatic voting for particular housemates. Where there are discrepancies in voting patterns, in consultation with the independent verifier, consideration is given as to whether the votes should be included.

3. No votes were discarded because of voting irregularities in the period after lines were open for voting in the final week of the last series up until the lines were finally closed, when Helen and Ashleigh were the two remaining finalists. No voting irregularities were detected during that period.

I wonder what they would count as a voting irregularity. Looks like it might only be auto-diallers.

And:
    5. At 9.20am on August 15, the morning of the Final of Big Brother 2014, the voting stood as follows:

Ashleigh was 8,018 votes ahead of Helen.
    Helen was 9,789 votes ahead of Christopher.
    Christopher was 4,945 votes ahead of Ash
    Ash was 8,730 votes ahead of Chris
    Chris was 11,237 votes ahead of Pav

6. At 8.55pm on August 15, immediately prior to the live broadcast of the Final of Big Brother 2014, the voting stood as follows:

Ashleigh was 7,887 votes ahead of Helen.
    Helen was 12,628 votes ahead of Christopher.
    Christopher was 6,319 votes ahead of Ash
    Ash was 10,296 votes ahead of Chris
    Chris was 13,365 votes ahead of Pav

No big changes so far.
    7. At 10.03pm on August 15, when voting lines closed for the final time during the live broadcast of the Final of Big Brother 2014, the voting stood as follows:

Helen was 4,631 votes ahead of Ashleigh.
    Ashleigh was 75,818 votes ahead of Christopher.
    Christopher was 13,303 votes ahead of Ash
    Ash was 23,108 votes ahead of Chris
    Chris was 14,594 votes ahead of Pav

So during the highlights, Ashleigh went from being 7,887 + 12,628 = 20,515 ahead of Christopher to being 75,818 votes ahead of him. :eek:

That's a factor of a bit under 3.7 times.

Christopher and Ash approximately doubled their leads over the next HM.

Helen went from 12,628 votes ahead of Christopher to 75,818 + 4,631 = 80449, a factor of a bit under 6.4.
  • Options
    jupaljupal Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The gap between Ashleigh and Christopher... wow!! Gutted it was so close though :( Ah well can't wait to see her on BOTS tonight x x Hope everyone is well