Options

Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package - 30th March

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
Forum Member
Anybody else looking forward to the new DLC :D
From what i have read it will cost 1200 MS points includes 5 maps some new some old, one report suggests that overgrown and crash will form part of the new content.

Comments

• Options
    CarlosVelaCarlosVela Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm definitely looking forward to it, i like the maps on MW2 already but more variety is always welcome.

I would love to see Shipment and Wet Work come to the game though, they were awesome
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Am i the only one that hates Shipment?

Shipment on MW:2 will just be 12 guys running around with Akimbo shotguns, or worse still, Commando,marathon and tactical knife.
  • Options
    CarlosVelaCarlosVela Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Am i the only one that hates Shipment?

Shipment on MW:2 will just be 12 guys running around with Akimbo shotguns, or worse still, Commando,marathon and tactical knife.

When you put it like that, i take it back

No shipment

It would drive me into an early grave
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    CarlosVela wrote: »
    When you put it like that, i take it back

No shipment

It would drive me into an early grave

:D lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Shipment. That and Vacant are the only two maps I'd care about making an appearance on MW2. Overgrown is a horrible map.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Overgrown and Crash are in the first DLC. There have been some screenshots of both Vacant and Shipment, so I'm fairly sure that they'll show up in map pack 2.

Don't think the price has been confirmed yet but I'd be very surprised if it's 1200 points for 5 maps. More likely 800 points, as all of the WaW packs were, and IIRC the MW1 pack.
  • Options
    OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate Shipment, it was up there with Roundhouse for me in the bad maps stakes. My favourites were Cross Fire, Overgrown, Vacant & Crash so nice to see a few of them again
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Overgrown and Crash are in the first DLC. There have been some screenshots of both Vacant and Shipment, so I'm fairly sure that they'll show up in map pack 2.

Don't think the price has been confirmed yet but I'd be very surprised if it's 1200 points for 5 maps. More likely 800 points, as all of the WaW packs were, and IIRC the MW1 pack.

I wouldn't put it past MS to overcharge like this. But I am hoping that you are right and that the map pack will be 800 MS Points.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definatly ready for some DLC. Despite not usually buying that stuff i will for MW2. Although it's nice to see old favourites return, i do think we should get them free :eek:
    I know, a word the industry hates; FREE!
    I would like to think they could create a load of new maps that i don't mind paying for but to re-release old maps that i have on MW1 and expect me to pay again? Lazy and cheaky. Tsk tsk.
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice to get the maps for free, but most devs don't like working pro bono.

Perhaps EA done the right thing by letting Mass Effect 2 DLC come free so long as you've bought the game new. But the downside of this is that it punishes those who buy the game second hand.
  • Options
    neilp73neilp73 Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Pipeline was my fave map on COD 4! That would be a welcome addition!
  • Options
    HypnosHypnos Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    neilp73 wrote: »
    Pipeline was my fave map on COD 4! That would be a welcome addition!

Yeah would love to see that again along with downpour
  • Options
    ChugsterChugster Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Price has been confirmed - 1200 MS Points. Ouch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Response has been confirmed as well: "Go fcuk yourselves Activision"......
  • Options
    stu636stu636 Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Response has been confirmed as well: "Go fcuk yourselves Activision"......

100% agree with you!

Like a above posters said, all the WaW and the MW1 map pack were all 800 points, so why they hell should we pay 1200 for 3 new maps? Is disgusting.
  • Options
    gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stu636 wrote: »
    100% agree with you!

Like a above posters said, all the WaW and the MW1 map pack were all 800 points, so why they hell should we pay 1200 for 3 new maps? Is disgusting.

unfortunately they are charging 1200 ms points because a few million people will pay it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stu636 wrote: »
    100% agree with you!

I agree completely. I had hoped the new map pack would be 800 MSP like in World at War.

I can see why it's being released for such a stupid price - it's because too many people were willing to pay top dollar for the game when it first came out.

This likely prompted the publishers to think "if the punters pay this much for the game, why not charge full whack?"

I for one, shall not be getting the new map pack until it's sold at a fair price.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Going to pass. 1200MSP is a joke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's the curse of MS.

First they had exclusivity around the GTA DLC, and it performed weakly.

Now they have exclusivity around the MW2 DLC, and thanks to the high price will probably do so as well.

Wonder what the % takeup was for the MW1 map pack when it was released. I bet the takeup won't be so high for this one.
  • Options
    gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the curse of MS.

First they had exclusivity around the GTA DLC, and it performed weakly.

Now they have exclusivity around the MW2 DLC, and thanks to the high price will probably do so as well.

Wonder what the % takeup was for the MW1 map pack when it was released. I bet the takeup won't be so high for this one.

Its got nothing to do with MS how much the map packs cost. MS will get a cut just like sony will do. Activision set the price. I think the map packs will sell really well no matter the price. You could spend 1200 ms points of some arcade games and barely play them where as some people will get many hours of use out of these map packs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gavo360 wrote: »
    Its got nothing to do with MS how much the map packs cost. MS will get a cut just like sony will do. Activision set the price. I think the map packs will sell really well no matter the price. You could spend 1200 ms points of some arcade games and barely play them where as some people will get many hours of use out of these map packs.

I wasn't suggesting that MS have any say in pricing. It was an observation that at the moment they seem to have a knack of picking under-performing DLC to wrap their exclusivity around. First GTA and now possibly this.

I suspect that this pack will not sell as well as the previous MW1 pack did. A good percentage of people have already backed away from the game thanks to glitchorama and the pull of other games (BFBC etc).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll still buy it- Overgrown was my fave map in MW1.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will not be buying this Piece of Shit. Battlefield Moments > Searching for boosters on edge of map. IW/Activision can suck my Repair Tool!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    What an absolute joke. Cannot believe the audacity of Activision for charging that much! The individual DLC's for GTA didnt even cost that and they were entire games!!!! Not a chance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1200 mp's works out at £10.20 which is ridiculous for 5 maps, 2 of which are from the first MW. Waste of money!!