✭✭
    FATCHOPS wrote: »
    Or blue? Is that wrong?

Clara in a blue dress
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's great, but I still think what I think despite the negativity kicking about. I'd like it if Clara was a young River or I wouldn't mind if she was the 12th Doctor. I get more excited about returning characters and links to the history of the show than new characters.

I agree with your sentiment. I just think that being linked to River would lessen the mystery of Clara, River still has plenty of mystery to be solved without being linked to another character... like why did she feel sick when she saw the silence?
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    No it's not hard. I think it would be a cool twist if Clara was a young Melody. Just my opinion and it could happen.

It would be a lame twist, considering we did the whole Melody/Mels/River thing in Series 6.

Clara is someone else, someone new.
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think if Clara and River are the same person/related, I will be severely annoyed, and probably punch something and try hard to remove it from my mind forever.
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,467
    Forum Member
    I think it would be lame if it turned out that Clara was linked to River in some way.

Much as I love Clara (Already? Yes, already. Since Oswin actually :D) and River, River's character has had so much loaded onto her story wise it would be one mystery too far for her.

Clara is something new. She is attracted to him (but not, I think, sexually), even as a young girl, and she is a fascinating mystery for the Doctor, and we know he can't resist a mystery. My best guess is she's part of a carefully laid trap for the Doctor. By who or what, I've no idea, but I'm looking forward to the ride.

:)
  • FATCHOPSFATCHOPS Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting views from some people. I would like Clara to be Melody, but for people who disagree "Clara is something new". I don't care if I'm right but would love it if they were wrong! Either way my opinion hasn't changed Clara is River or Doctor 12 for me please.
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was gonna make a thread, but found this thread, and no point making a thread on one line of the script.

Anyways one of Clara's line really reminded me of something. She said Down Boy. This reminded me of Amy's line, in The Time Of Angels, talking about River "She's kind of like, you know, "Heel Boy".".

And in Jenna-Louise's audition script, there was a very similar situation, she asks "Why are you looking at me like that?". The Doctor replies "You remind me of an old friend of mine. Someone I lost a long time ago.". And Clara says the line "Down Boy. I'm Not Her"

Something up imo. But I hope its just a coincidence, cause I dont want Rivers story to get even more messed up so soon.
  • SamsterSamster Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    I've thought there was some sort of connection from the first time we saw her. The "run you clever boy" struck me as very River-esque and other phrases and interchanges since between them have reminded me of the Doctor-River dynamic.Clara does have the kind of intelligence / knowledge that River exhibits and happily puts the doctor in his place as River does.

I actually hope it is something entirely different but, I dunno, the episode last night about people being uploaded into a computer was very similar to River's ending and the fact that Clara keeps turning up in different eras is maybe 'representing' regenerations on a certain level.

I think there is too much similarity for them not to have some kind of link. If the OS of Oswin/Oswald is indeed "Operating System" maybe River (in the computer) is operating via Clara?
    Forum Member
    Actually last night didn't the lady in the Shard keep saying "you can't save YOUR little girl this time". Maybe his and river's daughter?? (which is a bit icky seeing as they kissed before but still...)
    Forum Member
    Ignore above just re-watched and she refers to him as his special friend not his girl. Doh me. :D