School girl pregnant at 15 - Daily Mail's take on it

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 978
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2026575/Soya-Keaveney-Modelling-underwear-12-pregnant-15.html

The Daily Mail hates the sexualisation of children and they always go on about it :yawn: Yet why on earth have they printed/published a picture of the same girl, when she was 12 years old in her bikini? Could they not have written the article without publishing that particular photo?

Talk about hypocrisy :rolleyes:

Comments

• Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Pregnant at 15? And this is news? Must be a slow news day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    15 yr old girls have been getting pregnant for centuries.... Some even younger :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I'm sure she was on Supernanny.
  • curlywurlycurlywurly Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2026575/Soya-Keaveney-Modelling-underwear-12-pregnant-15.html

The Daily Mail hates the sexualisation of children and they always go on about it :yawn: Yet why on earth have they printed/published a picture of the same girl, when she was 12 years old in her bikini? Could they not have written the article without publishing that particular photo?

they could of, but probably decided that a photo would outrage the reader more, people tend to notice a story more if there are pictures to support the story.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think that might be the whole point. Let you 12 year old child act like a grown woman and in a sexual manner and this is what happens: by 15 they are knocked up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    15 yr old girls have been getting pregnant for centuries.... Some even younger :eek:

Very true, the only difference was going back 30+ years it was all hushed up and kept a secret.
  • JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
    Forum Member
    The government has taught young girls they dont need a husband or a job to get a house - they just need a baby

I would make them stay at home with their own mother until she can afford her own house (like never) - wonder how 'delighted' her mother would be if she knew she would be stopping home with it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think that might be the whole point. Let you 12 year old child act like a grown woman and in a sexual manner and this is what happens: by 15 they are knocked up.

Yeah that appears to be the point.

I do think parents have the right and even the responsibility to not let their daughters dress too provocatively at such a young age.

This part makes me sad
    Not to mention that the new arrival means the family will be handed a bigger council house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    curlywurly wrote: »
    they could of, but probably decided that a photo would outrage the reader more, people tend to notice a story more if there are pictures to support the story.

But then it makes a complete mockery of their stance of kids being sexualised.

Daily Mail 1 mont ago - "We are disgusted with kids being made to grow up fast and wearing provocative clothings such as bikinis".

Daily Mail today - "A girl who's 15 is now pregnant, here's a picture of her in her bikini when she was 12".

It's so hypocritical it's unbelievable :D
  • Frozen RainbowFrozen Rainbow Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    But then it makes a complete mockery of their stance of kids being sexualised.

Daily Mail 1 mont ago - "We are disgusted with kids being made to grow up fast and wearing provocative clothings such as bikinis".

Daily Mail today - "A girl who's 15 is now pregnant, here's a picture of her in her bikini when she was 12".

It's so hypocritical it's unbelievable :D

As ever, you need to follow the articles offered in the side bar too.

Here's one of a 16 year old in a red swimsuit.

She's described as a "16-year-old blonde bombshell" and also "Stodden is a regular voice on Twitter and along the sexy photo she posts startling mature tweets for a schhol girl". Yes, they've really spelled 'school' as 'schhol' in the article.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She's described as a "16-year-old blonde bombshell" and also "Stodden is a regular voice on Twitter and along the sexy photo she posts startling mature tweets for a schhol girl". Yes, they've really spelled 'school' as 'schhol' in the article.

That's just brilliant :D I wonder if their die hard readers ever notice this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JethroUK wrote: »
    The government has taught young girls they dont need a husband or a job to get a house - they just need a baby

I would make them stay at home with their own mother until she can afford her own house (like never) - wonder how 'delighted' her mother would be if she knew she would be stopping home with it

She is staying at home with it. The mother has applied for a bigger council house on the grounds that there will then be 8 people, and to be honest 4 bedrooms doesn't sound huge for 8 people of three generations. It would not be a problem except that most councils have almost no housing stock of over three bedrooms, and end up having to rent places privately at the kind of expense which makes the Express/ Mail burst a blood vessel. What a good job they are not Muslims.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JethroUK wrote: »
    You think young girls listen to what the government say - it's more likely they read stories in the Sun / Daily Mail about how getting pregnant gets you a council flat.
  • makara80makara80 Posts: 3,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have to say that the DM is 'bang to rights' on this really, though I disagree with the insinuation that they've included revealing photo's of 'Soya' purely for 'titillation'. I would've thought that they published these photo’s to more effectively highlight the poor attitude of this girl’s mother who has a rather odd ‘take’ on parenthood to say the least.

The Mail’s got previous form for this sort of thing though (as well as other tabloids) as I recall the outrage within the media in the wake of Channel 4 transmitting that Brass Eye special which satirised the media’s attitudes to paedophilia. I can't remember the exact details but I'm pretty sure that it was the DM that had a massive rant about it and the sexualisation of children in general... whilst showing photo's of a scantily clad teen on the opposite page (I’m pretty sure it was images of a bikini clad, then teenage, Princess Bea, with comments confirming that her Royal Highness has now clearly got herself an impressive set of knockers!)
  • Frozen RainbowFrozen Rainbow Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    That's just brilliant :D I wonder if their die hard readers ever notice this?

Mind you, they are very annoyed at Lingerie for 4 year olds.
    Even more so, since it's FRENCH. Those disgusting foreigners. Still, they publish a picture for you to be OUTRAGED at.
  • makara80makara80 Posts: 3,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    You think young girls listen to what the government say - it's more likely they read stories in the Sun / Daily Mail about how getting pregnant gets you a council flat.

Of course they don't, but they are more than aware of what they can get out of the system if they drop a few kiddies... they hardly need the tabloids to tell them that!

Rather than conveniantly blame the likes of The Sun and DM, don't you think that the government (especially the previous Labour government) shoulders the blame for not tightening up the rules on council housing allocation in order to potentially deter 'baby factories'?
  • clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    I'm just laughing at her siblings names, I thought Soya was bad but Ritzy! lol, reckon that was where she was conceived?
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably because the photo's were taken to promote her "modelling" career when she was 12
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read that article online yesterday afternoon and at that time there was NO bikini photo and when talking about her modelling the DM said within the article that had chosen not to show a picture of her in a bikini. :confused::confused:

What changed overnight???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very true, the only difference was going back 30+ years it was all hushed up and kept a secret.

True one of my friends from schools gran and granddad brought her up as their daughter and her 'big sis' was actually her mum.
  • DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The word skank comes to mind, and I'm sure the same applies to her mother.

The Daily Mail work on shock tactics, which is why so many idiots read it. That photo is nothing but shocking.
  • Scorch WoodScorch Wood Posts: 266
    Forum Member

Proof that fugly babies become fugly teens, sorry but model material she is NOT, her face is an affront to decent society.:D

That is one Soya who is rapidly going rancid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daedroth wrote: »
    The word skank comes to mind, and I'm sure the same applies to her mother.

The Daily Mail work on shock tactics, which is why so many idiots read it. That photo is nothing but shocking.

I would have said misguided, and in for a big reality check when her body changes!

Some girls do mature faster than others, I know a girl that had her first period at 9 years old, so by the time she was 15 her body was womanly she had bigger boobs than everyone else in her year. Its hard to have the outward appearance of a young woman and still have to 'act' like a child.

My OH aunt bought my daughter a bikini the other day there, she is 2 and a half I told the OH on the way home that she would not be wearing it outside or to the swimming pool.
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd have thought the pictures were needed to enforce the point they are making.

The mother's attitude stinks. It's all well and good being liberal but you need to be responsible too, the mother doesn't sound as though she is. The woman is turning her daughter into a media ****;

She declined to say anything more, directing the Mail to PR adviser Katy Brent and adding that the family would entertain bids for media interviews when Soya returns from a holiday with her boyfriend and his family in the Spanish resort of Majorca.
  • BrettLanghamBrettLangham Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dirty slag