Jahmene: I'd never sing anything degrading to women or with swearing

Comments

• E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    Well they could always give him *devil woman* to sing. After all Cliff Richard had no problem recording it ;)

He's a Christian.....he's more likely to sing 'Mary's Boy Child'....oh wait, that's a Xmas song!!!LOL!!!
  • Calibans DreamCalibans Dream Posts: 3,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing at all to do with being grounded at all. It's to do with him having been deluded with religion.

He won't get my vote as I don't wish to actively promote any more of that nonsense.

Typical religious: He thinks they invented morals and the right way. How conceited!
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    E05297535 wrote: »
    He's a Christian.....he's more likely to sing 'Mary's Boy Child'....oh wait, that's a Xmas song!!!LOL!!!

Yes and sp is Cliff Richard which was my point ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the wearing of purity rings thing all a bit cringey

fine that people have morals etc .. but why not just adhere to them without the need to "advertise" by wearing a ring that says "i'm not going to have sex until I'm married" .. to me it's a bit of a fashion/fad thing made more popular by /the Jonas Brothers but I guess people wear rings/tattoos etc to represent all sorts
  • plankenheimerplankenheimer Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Nothing at all to do with being grounded at all. It's to do with him having been deluded with religion.

He won't get my vote as I don't wish to actively promote any more of that nonsense.

Typical religious: He thinks they invented morals and the right way. How conceited!

You couldn't be more wrong
    Forum Member
    Yes and sp is Cliff Richard which was my point ;)

Yes...but he's unlikely to be singing 'Devil Woman'.....which is MY point!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He didn't say any of that, it's just your own insecurities speaking.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Imagine how boring the music he writes is going to be though?
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »

You need to check out his songs on Youtube....nothing boring about those tracks!!

BTW His eyes is on the sparrow is my fave one of his atm!LOL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member

That's why they hire songwriters, if the artist doesn't write.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Jahmene: I'd say anything to swing a few votes my way
    Forum Member
    That's why they hire songwriters, if the artist doesn't write.

It's always nicer when a person writes their own stuff.
  • LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Boring because his music isn't degrading to women and is without swearing? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    It's always nicer when a person writes their own stuff.

I do agree, but often if the artist has little experience with writing, they'll get in a writer, or possibly a co-writer until the artist can write well enough.
    Forum Member
    Boring because his music isn't degrading to women and is without swearing? :eek:

No because his writing will be dull, because inevitably dull people make dull music. Look at Gary Barlow.
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    I find the wearing of purity rings thing all a bit cringey

fine that people have morals etc .. but why not just adhere to them without the need to "advertise" by wearing a ring that says "i'm not going to have sex until I'm married" .. to me it's a bit of a fashion/fad thing made more popular by /the Jonas Brothers but I guess people wear rings/tattoos etc to represent all sorts

You could just as easily say a similar thing about engagement and wedding rings - ie, why not just be engaged or married without wearing a ring that says 'I'm engaged/married'.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    esfa wrote: »
    He's a loser.

The kinda person people throw fruit at in school.

Looks like somebody's deflecting...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    You could just as easily say a similar thing about engagement and wedding rings - ie, why not just be engaged or married without wearing a ring that says 'I'm engaged/married'.

I'm aware of that that's why I said "but I guess people wear rings/tattoos etc to represent all sorts" in my post ..

but personally I find wearing a ring to represent you are celibate is a bit odd and more of a "fad" /tweenage fashion accessory

Purity rings are a pretty new thing ................. people wearing rings or other signs of betrothal/marriage goes back centuries and in many cultures and religions and is thought to have originated as part of a gift/promise to the person you love and want to be with ... not something you choose to wear yourself to say "look, I'm married/engaged" .. to me that's different to choosing to wear a ring that "advertises" that you're not going to have sex before marriage
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    I'm aware of that that's why I said "but I guess people wear rings/tattoos etc to represent all sorts" in my post ..

but personally I find wearing a ring to represent you are celibate is a bit odd and more of a "fad" /tweenage fashion accessory

Purity rings are a pretty new thing ................. people wearing rings or other signs of betrothal/marriage goes back centuries and in many cultures and religions

But the wearing betrothal/marriage rings etc had to start somewhere - it didn't just happen everywhere at once. I wouldn't be surprised if it was ridiculed to start with but eventually it became tradition. So to me, the wearing of purity rings is just the same, ie it's just started if that makes sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    But the wearing betrothal/marriage rings etc had to start somewhere - it didn't just happen everywhere at once. I wouldn't be surprised if it was ridiculed to start with but eventually it became tradition. So to me, the wearing of purity rings is just the same, ie it's just started if that makes sense.

I was addng this to my post when you replied
    and is thought to have originated as part of a gift/promise to the person you love and want to be with ... not something you choose to wear yourself to say "look, I'm married/engaged" .. to me that's different to choosing to wear a ring that "advertises" that you're not going to have sex before marriage

makes it a very different thing IMO
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoahOh wrote: »
    He didn't say any of that, it's just your own insecurities speaking.

MY insecurities?

I'm not the one who has to imagine sky fairies just to cope with life! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You get don't get it do you?

Lots of people do songs that are degrading to women and don't contain swear, but he is doing the full Christian promotion thing.

He has declared that he is a Christian. (Why do we need to know that?)
    He states the thing about degrading women and swearing like he as a Christian is putting himself above others that don't believe in that nonsense
    Then adds that he is wearing a purity ring (More of his religion stuffed down our throats) and that he is a virgin.

In short the complete better than normal people god bothering full blown religious nutter, who knows sod all about life as he has never lived any of it because of his religious restrictions.

Have I made it painfully simple enough for everyone? Can you find a silly little get out of that by rewording something or playing silly games pretending not to get it?

The game playing on DS sometimes amazes me (but only sometimes!)
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Well they could always give him *devil woman* to sing. After all Cliff Richard had no problem recording it ;)

SCREAMING :D
  • plankenheimerplankenheimer Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    You get don't get it do you?

Lots of people do songs that are degrading to women and don't contain swear, but he is doing the full Christian promotion thing.

He has declared that he is a Christian. (Why do we need to know that?)
    He states the thing about degrading women and swearing like he as a Christian is putting himself above others that don't believe in that nonsense
    Then adds that he is wearing a purity ring (More of his religion stuffed down our throats) and that he is a virgin.

In short the complete better than normal people god bothering full blown religious nutter, who knows sod all about life as he has never lived any of it because of his religious restrictions.

Have I made it painfully simple enough for everyone? Can you find a silly little get out of that by rewording something or playing silly games pretending not to get it?

The game playing on DS sometimes amazes me (but only sometimes!)

Again you are totally wrong, he is grounded because of the things he has been through and his mother brought him up well . He turned to religion later on in life for other reasons which i wont go into
  • OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least he has morals and actually RESPECTS women. Not like all men nowadays.