The Digital Spy Apprentice - Series 2 - Task Announcement Thread!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
Forum Member
Hello, everyone, and welcome to the first task announcement for the Digital Spy Apprentice game! Before we get started, I'd like to quickly reintroduce the fourteen brilliant candidates who will be fighting it out to become the next DS Apprentice:

21stCenturyBoy
Amroussi
Carlisle156
Dondfan998
Gav016
Haz_Cat
Hutchy_Muse
I've Got Class
Jag02010
Narutofan100
Pothuthic
Satanel
Strictly_Irish
xKatieLx

I'd also like to remind everyone of my two fantastic advisors, Tyjet and Cheekypeter, who will be following the candidates throughout the tasks!

In a few moments, I'll be announcing the premise and rules of the first task, but first, I'm going to split the candidates up into two teams...

Comments

• I've Got ClassI've Got Class Posts: 12,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello all! :)
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good evening! I don't think I like anything more than somebody being on time. :D
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all. I'm looking forward to this. :)
  • NarutoFan100NarutoFan100 Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone :) Cant wait for the task to be revealed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening. Looking forward to this!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,389
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to the task reveal & who I'll be working with! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    So here's the first team that will be working together in this task:

Team One
    Pothuthic
    Satanel
    21stCenturyBoy
    xKatieLx
    Hutchy_Muse
    Narutofan100
    Dondfan998
    Forum Member
    How often will the teams change? :D
    Forum Member
    Which means that Team Two will include the following participants:

Team Two
    I've Got Class
    Jag02010
    Carlisle156
    Gav016
    Haz_Cat
    Strictly_Irish
    Amroussi

As always, the first part of the first task involves coming up with a name for your team and a project manager, so you can start thinking about those already! The first task will be up in just a couple of minutes!
    Forum Member
    Amroussi wrote: »
    How often will the teams change? :D

The teams will definitely change several times throughout the process, but I'm not sure yet whether they'll stay the same after this task :)
  • NarutoFan100NarutoFan100 Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we pm other team members and come up with a name?
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love my team for first week! Am currently in the process of getting MSN.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anactoria wrote: »
    Which means that Team Two will include the following participants:

Team Two
    I've Got Class
    Jag02010
    Carlisle156
    Gav016
    Haz_Cat
    Strictly_Irish
    Amroussi

As always, the first part of the first task involves coming up with a name for your team and a project manager, so you can start thinking about those already! The first task will be up in just a couple of minutes!

What a team! Really looking forward to working with you lot - nice to have some experienced candidates to work with :)
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Ahh, very happy with my team!
    Forum Member
    Task One
    As you're all probably aware, The Hunger Games came out in cinemas last week, making a huge splash and breaking several box office records. It's also got a lot of people talking about reality television, and that's what I want you guys to think about in this first task.

I want you to take a look at where reality TV has gone so far, and where you think it could go next. I'd like both teams to come up with an idea for an original reality television show, one that you see as the next step for RTV. It should be compelling, entertaining, something that will get people talking - all the things that make reality television shows so successful.

As there are so many participants, this task will be split into several parts, as follows:

1) Write a pitch for the show you've created, as if you were pitching it to a network executive.
    2) Create a logo for the show.
    3) Explain the nitty-gritty of the show. This could include explaining what each episode will consist of, discussion of prizes if it's a competitive show, mention of potential spinoffs - or it could include any other information that you see as relevant. It's totally up to you what you include here; what matters is that, after reading it, everyone should have a complete understanding how the show will work.
    4) Who do you want to be the stars of the show? Do you want celebrities to take part? If so, give some suggestions of possible participants. Do you want members of the public? Are you looking for specific kinds of people, or a mix? Why?
    5) Give examples of three or more challenges that the participants in your reality show could face. This could include producer-assigned tasks, weekly themes (a la The X-Factor), or even just complicated situations that the participants might find themselves in.
    6) Compose an evaluation of your show concept and your pitch as a whole.

So there you have your first task! Threads for each team will be posted on Saturday at 6PM, after which point there will be a viewer vote to decide the winning team, before a boardroom on Sunday.

Good luck!
  • jag02010jag02010 Posts: 7,347
    Forum Member
    SO excited for this. I love my team :D
    Forum Member
    haz_cat wrote: »
    What a team! Really looking forward to working with you lot - nice to have some experienced candidates to work with :)
    gav016 wrote: »
    Ahh, very happy with my team!
    jag02010 wrote: »
    SO excited for this. I love my team :D

I am too, we have a very strong team! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely love this task. Cannot wait to get started.
    Forum Member

I'm going to send out everyone's MSN handles in a moment, so you guys will be able to communicate via MSN rather than PMing back and forth!
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member

Teams will get together and work on the task/discuss things on msn :)
    Forum Member
    Fantastic task!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BTW, to my fellow team-mates, shall I make a Chatzy web chat? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anactoria wrote: »
    I'm going to send out everyone's MSN handles in a moment, so you guys will be able to communicate via MSN rather than PMing back and forth!

Oops, I've not got one yet :o
    Forum Member
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    Oops, I've not got one yet :o

That's fine! If you're unable to get one, I'm sure your team will be able to figure something out; otherwise, you can just PM it to them as soon as you can?

Also, I forgot to mention this before - Tyjet will be following Team One throughout this task, and Cheekypeter will be following Team Two. If members of each team could make sure to add their respective follower to any chats they have, that would be great.
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dondfan you can very quickly get msn. If you'd like i could make one for you very quickly. The same goes for 21st century boy. :)