Humax 9200 - MP3

davefevsdavefevs Posts: 478
Forum Member
Quick question (hopefully).

Thinking about getting a Humax 9200 - and want to transfer some mp3s onto it. I've heard that there is a max of 5gb which is a bit disappointing, but I can live with it -just have to leave the wife's stuff off!!

Does the transfer of files stay in folders, or is it just one long list of tracks?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Got my 9200 couple weeks ago, connected to pc with usb extension and transferred two MP3 folders. Cannot open them so it looks like you need to transfer individual tracks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've also noticed that mp3s with variable bitrate don't play either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,528
    Forum Member
    The MP3 function (like the JPEG viewer function) on the 9200 seem to be more of a marketing gimmick than a serious tool - I'm not sure I'd buy the machine on the basis of either (often a media streamer is a better solution anyway as you can keep your music library centralised and up to date in just one place (well OK, PC *and* iPod - but hopefully they sync anyway!))

Cliff
  • Sue_CSue_C Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've uploaded about 20 albums to the Humax, each in a separate folder and they play fine. Don't know how you'd get on with folders in folders though(e.g. a folder for an artist containing separate folders for each album).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Sue_C wrote:
    We've uploaded about 20 albums to the Humax, each in a separate folder and they play fine. Don't know how you'd get on with folders in folders though(e.g. a folder for an artist containing separate folders for each album).
    How'd you manage to open individual folders on the Humax? I've D/Led 2 MP3 Folders to my Humax but can't open them to play tracks!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Transfer folders using e-linker software. To play on Humax box, select folder, press OK button to get into folder and then PLAY to start playing tracks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried transferring a folder containing 2 albums in separate folders. It is possible to access these and play them in the manner described above.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've also noticed that mp3s with variable bitrate don't play either.
    I've not had any trouble playing VBR MP3s on the 9200T. In fact, I'm listening to one now.
  • ChrisHayChrisHay Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Just downloaded MP3 albums. On the PC I can view the files for the MP3 and also all the previously recorded TV. When reconnecting Hummy and trying to play the MP3 the screen is blank as if nothing has been downloaded. I sent each album separately. What has gone wrong?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChrisHay wrote:
    Just downloaded MP3 albums. On the PC I can view the files for the MP3 and also all the previously recorded TV. When reconnecting Hummy and trying to play the MP3 the screen is blank as if nothing has been downloaded. I sent each album separately. What has gone wrong?
    Are you loading them into the MP3 folder in the D1 partition? To listen on the Humax you need to go to MENU, then RECORDING the MP3. It doesn't like any formats apart from MP3. Can you see the folders?
    Forum Member
    Sue_C wrote:
    Are you loading them into the MP3 folder in the D1 partition? To listen on the Humax you need to go to MENU, then RECORDING the MP3. It doesn't like any formats apart from MP3. Can you see the folders?

I highlighted the album title and clicked on the transfer chevrons. It then brought up the track list and transferred each separately. The album title then appearred on the right side of the screen. I don't know if it went into the MP3 folder. How can I tell?
    One of the albums was a .wav file. Could that corrupt the whole list?
    I am looking in the right place on the Hummy and the list is non-existant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you open elinker and connect to the box you should see two folders on the right hand side, image and MP3. You need to double click the MP3 folder and then transfer the album folders into it. I don't think that .wav files will upset the humax, they'll just be unplayable and take up a lot of room in comparison to MP3s.
    Forum Member
    Sue_C wrote:
    When you open elinker and connect to the box you should see two folders on the right hand side, image and MP3. You need to double click the MP3 folder and then transfer the album folders into it. I don't think that .wav files will upset the humax, they'll just be unplayable and take up a lot of room in comparison to MP3s.

Thank you-that worked. I was not clicking the MP3 folder.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Sue_C wrote:
    I don't think that .wav files will upset the humax, they'll just be unplayable and take up a lot of room in comparison to MP3s.
    I'd be very wary of that.

Loading files onto the D2 partition corrupts the filesystem - the files initially just vanish but are actually occupying space and confuse the hell out of the box when you do more recording. Needs a reformat to recover from.

I'd expect similar problems on the MP3 partition.