Len's last year?

doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Due to the fact that he's having a few weeks off, anyone get the impression that this'll be Len's last DWTS series?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Due to the fact that he's having a few weeks off, anyone get the impression that this'll be Len's last DWTS series?

He's taken time off here and there since Season 7 (six years ago), and hinted for years he was finding it difficult to do both SCD and DWTS but that SCD was closest to his heart so he wouldn't give that up.

However, last season he came closer than ever before to saying adieu:

"During last season’s Dancing With the Stars finale, fans around the country audibly gasped when Len Goodman said, “I’m not saying this is true, but this might be my last season, and if it is I couldn’t wish for a better dance to finish up with” while he was critiquing champs Meryl Davis and Maks Chmerkovskiy."

But he's back for Season 19, and if he finds doing just a few shows works out well for him, he could conceivably continue it another season or beyond. It does give longtime fans comfort knowing he's still there at least some of the time, and enables the show to add guest judges in his absence for whatever fresh energy they can inject during their brief appearance.
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if he's aiming to go out on 20. It's a nice number, plus in the next Spring season, he won't have to travel back and forth with Strictly only on in the Autumn. It also gives Julianne two seasons to practice as a full time judge before slipping into his shoes when they go back down to 3 judges.
  • kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He loves strictly and if he has to chose he said before it would be strictly so I think it is can't see him there this time next year unless they decided to rotate the judges and he only does the spring series
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I do hope so
  • AmSalt12AmSalt12 Posts: 4,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too much back and forth to USA must be exhausting for him at his age, so wouldn't be surprised if he gave up, and stuck to Strictly.
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what's his schedule likely to be when he's doing both shows at the same time? What days of the week do they shoot the show in the states?
  • karenc3karenc3 Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    So what's his schedule likely to be when he's doing both shows at the same time? What days of the week do they shoot the show in the states?

Dancing With The Stars is on Monday nights. He hadn't been on it for a few weeks, but he was back this week.