H from steps furious with eonline

bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
Forum Member
✭✭
Today eonline posted a article about a certain court case yesterday. However they used H's Image not the guilty guy in their article. It took several emails to them for them to remove the image and they have not apologised to him yet.

If that was me I would be considering legal action. Due to the severity of the actual case.

Comments

• whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Me too, what lousy researchers they must have, can't believe they've not publicly apologised.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would too. The chap is probably sitting on a goldmine now with his name quite literally being dragged through the mud, particularly internationally.

Last I read of him he was trying to adopt a child as well, god knows what this will do for that (even though there's no reason why he shouldn't be able to adopt).
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A full retraction and apology is the very least I would be expecting.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    A full retraction and apology is the very least I would be expecting.

Indeed plus a hefty donation to his chosen charity
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would too. The chap is probably sitting on a goldmine now with his name quite literally being dragged through the mud, particularly internationally.

Last I read of him he was trying to adopt a child as well, god knows what this will do for that (even though there's no reason why he shouldn't be able to adopt).

His Official Facebook page has been bombarded with Trolls attacking him. I cannot believe that they are all stupid. They know they have the wrong guy but think it's funny to drag him through the mud.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When people attack EDF energy thinking they're actually the EDL, there really is no end to people's stupidity.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God, how awful for him. A public and prominent apology is the least he should expect.

As for the trolling, beneath contempt.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is getting abuse on Facebook and Twitter - he says on his twitter account that he is taking time out from it.

Its awful for him, he doesn't deserve this mess. The trolls idiots. I hope he gets an apology and much more.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Today eonline posted a article about a certain court case yesterday. However they used H's Image not the guilty guy in their article. It took several emails to them for them to remove the image and they have not apologised to him yet.

If that was me I would be considering legal action. Due to the severity of the actual case.

If what you say happened, I'd definitely consider legal action. One email should definitely have been enough. It's like they weren't even that bothered about putting right their mistake. They're coming across (from your post) as a right bunch of arrogant gits.
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    Sue the **** out of them.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    He is getting abuse on Facebook and Twitter - he says on his twitter account that he is taking time out from it.

Its awful for him, he doesn't deserve this mess. The trolls idiots. I hope he gets an apology and much more.

I can imagine Facebook having a lot of homophobic idiots on it, and Twitter having quite a few homophobes on it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    If what you say happened, I'd definitely consider legal action. One email should definitely have been enough. It's like they weren't even that bothered about putting right their mistake. They're coming across (from your post) as a right bunch of arrogant gits.

They have now apologised with an editors note

http://eprotoeu.mtiny.com/article.ftl?id=485570&cc=GB
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A full retraction, written apology and a donation to his chosen charity is the least I would expect.

Do these "journalists" even bother doing their research properly? Sometimes I really wonder.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pathetic "apology" IMO
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member

It's a pretty poor apology as they go but I expect H has his legal people on it so they have to be careful. Still, I think a line about 'we deeply regret the harm and upset this has caused H and his family' wouldn't have gone amiss.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Pretty horrific mistake to make from them given the gravity of the case that must not be discussed on DS (no not that one).

re the abuse 'H' is getting, I suppose I should not be surprised at the sheer idiocy of some people out there, and not just the imbeciles who've sent him hate stuff on Twitter/ FB etc.

Reminds me of when a paediatrician was forced from her home after morons mistook her profession to mean she was a paedophile.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/901723.stm
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member

How awful! There really are some morons out there:mad:

Poor guy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pathetic "apology" IMO

I agree It's bad enough that he is getting the abuse just for having the same name.

E should have the decency to do a full retraction.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    Pretty horrific mistake to make from them given the gravity of the case that must not be discussed on DS (no not that one).

re the abuse 'H' is getting, I suppose I should not be surprised at the sheer idiocy of some people out there, and not just the imbeciles who've sent him hate stuff on Twitter/ FB etc.

Reminds me of when a paediatrician was forced from her home after morons mistook her profession to mean she was apaedophile.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/901723.stm

I hadn't heard of this, I know the area very well, its a small village, lots of retired people.

I hope H gets more than the apology as it is.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    Sue the **** out of them.

This. It's the only answer.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    I hadn't heard of this, I know the area very well, its a small village, lots of retired people.
    It's from ages ago, but it just stuck in my mind as it was so so stupid.

I'd almost laugh at the sheer idiocy of those people if the whole subject matter wasn't so horrific..
  • VelveteenVelveteen Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Poor guy, it's not nice to be accused of something you didn't do in any circumstance but must be doubly awful considering the nature of the allegations.

E and the person whose error it was should be embarrassed and have apologised right away. Couldn't blame him if he were to sue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When people attack EDF energy thinking they're actually the EDL, there really is no end to people's stupidity.

I agree.....I mean...for Gawd's sake. There've been pictures of the actual culprit all over the news, all over the internet, and yet a load of morons take it out on someone completely different. I'm not surprised he's having a flipping fit over it. It's a vile crime.
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Idiots. I would definitely be speaking to my solicitor right now if I were him.
This discussion has been closed.