In the closet Lesbian celebs! Who are they?

Comments

• Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally whenever I see Cilla on TV the thought strikes me that she might swing both ways...
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    I never discount the notion that people in bands or groups are capable of having longterm relationships or little flings/one-time things. It's logical in many ways, people in close quarters that get to know one another well. It's gonna happen.

Definitely. As you say though, some people go far too far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    There were lesbian rumours about Whitney* for ages, including
    one that she allegedly had an affair with Kelly McGillis.

* I saw this in an 80s article that also suggested George Michael,
    was gay, so someone was on the ball there.

There were lots of rumours about Whitney and Robyn Crawford. Her mum also said that she would absolutely not have been ok with it if she knew Whitney was a lesbian.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    I read somewhere that a few people thought Cheryl Cole and Kimberley Walsh from Girls Aloud were in a relationship, but I'm not sure. There seems to be a lot of "Chim" shippers out there if you search the web. I'm not one of them though :p

Well Ashley Cole was one of the rumoured participants in that sex tape a while ago along with Sol Campbell and she dated Derek Hough who has had a lot of gay rumours. maybe mutual bearding going on? Or she could be bisexual of course. Who knows?
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously? Cheryl has always dated men, long before she was famous. Ashley cheated on her with several woman. There have been no legitimate gay rumours about Derek, just people saying he is camp. As for the alleged tape....

Some people seem to refuse to accept someone is straight and believe unfounded fan fiction. Chim, Larry, Achele.. it is all frankly worrying levels of delusion. The internet has a lot to answer for when it comes to things like this. I just don't like people trying to dictate someones sexuality, regardless of what that is.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Ashley Cole was one of the rumoured participants in that sex tape a while ago along with Sol Campbell and she dated Derek Hough who has had a lot of gay rumours. maybe mutual bearding going on? Or she could be bisexual of course. Who knows?

Exactly. Who knows. I certainly don't believe what the paid off British press trots out on most subjects. And especially not X Factor bigwigs and injunction-loving footballers. :kitty:
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    ^ The Chim shippers sound pretty tame up to say, the Twihards.

They probably are. I've never come across one or a Twihard in real life, which can only be a good thing :p
    Seriously? Cheryl has always dated men, long before she was famous. Ashley cheated on her with several woman. There have been no legitimate gay rumours about Derek, just people saying he is camp. As for the alleged tape....

Some people seem to refuse to accept someone is straight and believe unfounded fan fiction. Chim, Larry, Achele.. it is all frankly worrying levels of delusion. The internet has a lot to answer for when it comes to things like this. I just don't like people trying to dictate someones sexuality, regardless of what that is.

Well I don't believe the rumours or what is written in fan fiction (which is of course only fiction after all). One thing that baffles me about it is how do the authors of that stuff get away with it without being sued for libel? And what relationship is Achele short for?
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    The Chim shippers are hilarious, if somewhat insane.

They are :D They're very close and probably great friends but nothing more. I think some people read too much into things sometimes.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    If I was a betting man I'd put a few £ on Michelle Rodriguez.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ According to Wikipedia, Michelle says she's had relationships with both men and women.
  • incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    If I was a betting man I'd put a few £ on Michelle Rodriguez.

She's been sort of out as bi, went back in (with the comment 'Mitchie likes a sausage') and has recently come back out. Heavily rumoured to have been in a relationship with Kristana Lokken, who hinted at the relationship herself. Recently seen looking quite close to Cara Delevingne and while no pictures of them kissing, tabloids were saying they were 'making out' at a sports event.

I think it's 'bi' to keep her Hollywood people happy and really it's full on gay, but that's just my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They probably are. I've never come across one or a Twihard in real life, which can only be a good thing :p

Well I don't believe the rumours or what is written in fan fiction (which is of course only fiction after all). One thing that baffles me about it is how do the authors of that stuff get away with it without being sued for libel? And what relationship is Achele short for?

They are :D They're very close and probably great friends but nothing more. I think some people read too much into things sometimes.

Achele is Dianna Agron and Lea Michele. I think it is really sad and quite troubling how people can convince themselves of something. I mean the post about Cheryl is the tip of the iceberg. I admit when I was young I tried to convince myself Kate Winslet liked girls but I grew out of it quickly. It is very worrying that grown men and women can actually convince themselves their "reasons" are legitimate.

That poster saying Cheryl could be bearding or bisexual made me despair. Yep, her being straight is out of the question despite always dating men, including before fame :D
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny how people who claim to be bisexual won't allow anyone else to potentially be.

Dear gawd.

And spare me the lecture.
    Forum Member
    One thing that baffles me about it is how do the authors of that stuff get away with it without being sued for libel?

If they're hosted on a US site, because of Hustler vs. Falwell, basically. "Parodies of public figures which could not reasonably be taken as true are protected against civil liability by the First Amendment, even if intended to cause emotional distress."
    It's funny how people who claim to be bisexual won't allow anyone else to potentially be.

I haven't seen much of this with actual bisexuals. I know lesbian forums are notorious for hating bisexuals or claiming that any woman who has dated men is straight, but I haven't seen anything like you are talking about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dear gawd.

And spare me the lecture.

Can you even read? If Cheryl said she was bisexual or there was a good reason to think she was, I would happily accept it. But that isn't the case.

You and Jenny have no logical counter arguments to my comments so she plays the homophobia card and you both doubt any straight relationships. That is fantasy and makes people think all of us in the LGBT community are that deluded.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    ^ According to Wikipedia, Michelle says she's had relationships with both men and women.

I'm pretty sure she's come out more recently as totally lesbian.
    Forum Member
    Achele is Dianna Agron and Lea Michele. I think it is really sad and quite troubling how people can convince themselves of something. I mean the post about Cheryl is the tip of the iceberg. I admit when I was young I tried to convince myself Kate Winslet liked girls but I grew out of it quickly. It is very worrying that grown men and women can actually convince themselves their "reasons" are legitimate.

That poster saying Cheryl could be bearding or bisexual made me despair. Yep, her being straight is out of the question despite always dating men, including before fame :D

I've never heard of either of them. I think some people read that fanfiction and don't realise it is fictional and imagine it to be true. People have fantasies and they're entitled to those as long as what they're fantasising about is legal, but those fantasies shouldn't be seen as true. I always thought Cheryl was straight anyway and I never dared to think different.
    If they're hosted on a US site, because of Hustler vs. Falwell, basically. "Parodies of public figures which could not reasonably be taken as true are protected against civil liability by the First Amendment, even if intended to cause emotional distress."

A lot of the stuff is hosted on sites like LiveJournal and Archive Of Our Own, but there are also other sites dedicated to it as well and I'm not sure where those sites are hosted. So does that case basically mean someone could write a story about anyone who has been in the news or public eye at some point and not get sued? :confused: It's not that I'm planning to do it though, I was just curious and anyway I study law so it's no harm to know about the legal side of things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as it stays a fantasy it is fine. But when Cory Monteith died, a few deranged shippers said "now Lea and Dianna can be together". That is beyond ****ed up.

There are even ships for people who haven't even bloody met, and people get devastated when they find out someone is already in a relationship. This is any kind of shipping, not just between imagined same sex couples.
    Forum Member
    A lot of the stuff is hosted on sites like LiveJournal and Archive Of Our Own, but there are also other sites dedicated to it as well and I'm not sure where those sites are hosted. So does that case basically mean someone could write a story about anyone who has been in the news or public eye at some point and not get sued? :confused: It's not that I'm planning to do it though, I was just curious and anyway I study law so it's no harm to know about the legal side of things.

I'm guessing that as long as it "couldn't reasonably be taken as true" (and my guess is that adding a disclaimer saying it was fictional would satisfy that) then yes, it would seem like you can say anything you like.
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie j obviously also Helen terry sort of whitney was rumoured to have visited gay bars in the 80's don't know if it's true.
    I also believe robyn was her gf since she has never denied it publically also tina and bobby both said she slept with women.
    Forum Member
    As long as it stays a fantasy it is fine. But when Cory Monteith died, a few deranged shippers said "now Lea and Dianna can be together". That is beyond ****ed up.

There are even ships for people who haven't even bloody met, and people get devastated when they find out someone is already in a relationship. This is any kind of shipping, not just between imagined same sex couples.

That's crazy :o Who comes up with the ideas for those 'ships'? Have those people nothing better to do in their lives?
    I'm guessing that as long as it "couldn't reasonably be taken as true" (and my guess is that adding a disclaimer saying it was fictional would satisfy that) then yes, it would seem like you can say anything you like.

I've seen some stories about real people that have disclaimers, but I guess it would depend on the content as well. If someone wrote something very sexually explicit (i.e. very graphic and hardcore descriptions of sexual acts) or containing illegal/criminal acts then it's possible they could be sued.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    sparkle22 wrote: »
    Jessie j obviously also Helen terry sort of whitney was rumoured to have visited gay bars in the 80's don't know if it's true.
    I also believe robyn was her gf since she has never denied it publically also tina and bobby both said she slept with women.

Jessie J is out isn't she? She's mentioned being bisexual before.
    Forum Member
    Jessie J is out isn't she? She's mentioned being bisexual before.

The general theory, which she has denied, is that she is actually a lesbian but says she's bi to appeal to men more.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    La Roux (where have they gone?) singer Elly Jackson. She can talk about ex-boyfriends all she wants! :p
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie J's not in the closet. She's stated she won't label her sexuality which may well be true, but she's openly admitted dating women

It's a clone of the Tom Daley situation
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    most people believe Jessie is gay and according to the author of a biography she spoke to many friends and music biz types.
    who said the record label told her to say she was bi not gay and was apparently out as a lesbian before she found fame.
    also editor of diva magazine said she was out as well of course Jessie has denied it but I find it strange she was open before.
    on alan carr and in a glamour interview and now all of a sudden the topic is off limits.