The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 25)

Comments

• dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disnae wrote: »
    I wonder , when she says "England", does she mean UK or is Scotland being missed out of the tour this time.

That's so weird - I was just thinking about you earlier today, & that you hadn't posted on here for ages!

Let's hope she meant UK when she said England, Scottish fans deserve a concert!
  • DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    dechecho wrote: »
    That's so weird - I was just thinking about you earlier today, & that you hadn't posted on here for ages!

Let's hope she meant UK when she said England, Scottish fans deserve a concert!
    You must be psychic!:D

Yeah, hopefully she means UK. If they come to Scotland I think it'll probably be to Glasgow.
  • AgeOfParanoiaAgeOfParanoia Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder , when she says "England", does she mean UK or is Scotland being missed out of the tour this time.

Hi Disnae, I was just wondering that too. Seems like ages since we last saw them. I've not been on much recently either. Never seem to have enough time for anything these days!!!
    Forum Member
    Hi Disnae, I was just wondering that too. Seems like ages since we last saw them. I've not been on much recently either. Never seem to have enough time for anything these days!!!

Hi AgeOfParanoia, Yeah, it's ages since we last saw them. It must be a year. I think the last time I saw them was when we were at the Glasgow show. I was hoping they'd do it again this summer but I think we'd have heard about it by now if they were ( Also, I don't think anyone ever did 3 years in a row!) I know what you mean about not having enough time for anything! Busy lives!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi AgeOfParanoia, Yeah, it's ages since we last saw them. It must be a year. I think the last time I saw them was when we were at the Glasgow show. I was hoping they'd do it again this summer but I think we'd have heard about it by now if they were ( Also, I don't think anyone ever did 3 years in a row!) I know what you mean about not having enough time for anything! Busy lives!

No, I had not expected them to be there again, especially after that bit in the paper about 'them' costing too much [although they could have charged more separately for the people that wanted to see them]. Probably the best bet would be to randomly hang about airports (mainly Dublin !!!), in the hope of catching them.:D;)
  • flowerduckflowerduck Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just catching up on all things Jedward
    It would appear Phoebe is in the States and has spent some time with the lads.... http://www.keek.com/!H0lZbab

http://instagram.com/p/ZDueyVw868/#

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowerduck wrote: »
    It would appear Phoebe is in the States and has spent some time with the lads.... http://www.keek.com/!H0lZbab

Yeah Phoebe tweeted she was going on holidays "to the coast", It's great they've found time to catch up. The guy that it's with them in the videos is Jesse Giddings, ex-Much Music VJ, now I think he's trying to succeed as a singer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flowerduck wrote: »

At least she is closer in age to them !!!!;)

ps Never heard of "keek" till now (what will they bring out next, I've still not got around to Twitter, having been put off by all the talk about getting hacked etc, and refuse to join Instagram, as its part of Facebook, which I also refuse to join)- too much 'new' stuff - aaargh ........

Anyway, nice to see they are having fun (as usual).:)
  • dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's another date from the UK tour been announced by the venue with tickets available! http://tickets.medway.gov.uk/application/event.aspx?eventid=12262
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    There's another date from the UK tour been announced by the venue with tickets available! http://tickets.medway.gov.uk/application/event.aspx?eventid=12262

OMG! I got a tad too excited about this date and fangirled up the office corridor. :o It's very local to me and I recommended to it Momma. Now I know it's highly unlikely anything to do with me, but a girl can dream! :rolleyes::cool:

UK tour is certainly feeling a lot more real and this is a proper venue! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    OMG! I got a tad too excited about this date and fangirled up the office corridor. :o It's very local to me and I recommended to it Momma. Now I know it's highly unlikely anything to do with me, but a girl can dream! :rolleyes::cool:

UK tour is certainly feeling a lot more real and this is a proper venue! :D
    Tickets are selling fast. It's almost a 1000-seats venue, isn't it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And third date of the UK Young Love Tour: St David's Hall in Cardiff, Wales: http://www.stdavidshallcardiff.co.uk/English/Jedward-Young-Love-Tour-30/09/13/index.asp

Wikipedia says it's a 2000 seats hall

edit; dechecho beat me
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tickets are selling fast. It's almost a 1000-seats venue, isn't it?

Yeah it's something like 968. It does okay for getting reasonable acts although I'm not sure that the sound/acoustics is brilliant. :( It's been a while since I've bad there so it's possibly improved but the boys will be fab whatever. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the UK Tour looks like this:
    24th--Lowestoft
    25TH--Leicester
    27TH---Chatham
    28TH--Selsey
    29TH---Fareham
    30TH--Cardiff
    Forum Member
    So the UK Tour looks like this:
    24th--Lowestoft
    25TH--Leicester
    27TH---Chatham
    28TH--Selsey
    29TH---Fareham
    30TH--Cardiff

I'm very dissapointed there's no Scottish dates. meh!:( I can remember one tour when they performed two gigs in different venues in Glasgow and I feel sure there are still enough Scottish fans for atleast one gig. Oh well, Looks like I won't see them this tour!:(
    Forum Member
    Probably the best bet would be to randomly hang about airports (mainly Dublin !!!), in the hope of catching them.:D;)
    I'm starting to think this is the only way I'd ever meet them lol!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very dissapointed there's no Scottish dates. meh!:( I can remember one tour when they performed two gigs in different venues in Glasgow and I feel sure there are still enough Scottish fans for atleast one gig. Oh well, Looks like I won't see them this tour!:(
    Don't lose hope, Momma also tweeted: Jedward would love to go to Scotland.....I wonder is there a venue that holds between 1,500---2,000? We could do a date in mid-October

I wonder if the reason the tour area isn't very big it's because it's the first tour they are (apparently) organizing by themselves
    Forum Member
    Don't lose hope, Momma also tweeted: Jedward would love to go to Scotland.....I wonder is there a venue that holds between 1,500---2,000? We could do a date in mid-October

I wonder if the reason the tour area isn't very big it's because it's the first tour they are (apparently) organizing by themselves
    Oh, that sounds hopeful! :D There is a lovely new concert hall in Perth (Horsecross, my local concert hall!) which holds just over 1100 seated or approx 1600 if they create standing room. I'd be over the moon if they came here! It's probably a bit out of the way for them though and I'm thinking they'd probably prefer to be in a big city but it's only an hours drive from Edinburgh to here and, just over an hour's drive to Glasgow and fairly central, plus, it's on a train route. Anyways, I suppose we just have to wait and see if they can sort anything for Scotland. I'm impressed they're organising their own tour! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, that sounds hopeful! :D There is a lovely new concert hall in Perth (Horsecross, my local concert hall!) which holds just over 1100 seated or approx 1600 if they create standing room. I'd be over the moon if they came here! It's probably a bit out of the way for them though and I'm thinking they'd probably prefer to be in a big city but it's only an hours drive from Edinburgh to here and, just over an hour's drive to Glasgow and fairly central, plus, it's on a train route. Anyways, I suppose we just have to wait and see if they can sort anything for Scotland. I'm impressed they're organising their own tour! :cool:

I'm guessing they don't want to go to Glasgow again, as the Concert Hall, where they were before, I'm sure that's around the 2000 mark. I saw them in Kilmarnock (was it 2009, or 2010 can't remember now) in the Grand Hall, but I think that was a much smaller venue. If its further up than Glasgow, I probably wouldn't go. :cry::cry:
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing they don't want to go to Glasgow again, as the Concert Hall, where they were before, I'm sure that's around the 2000 mark. I saw them in Kilmarnock (was it 2009, or 2010 can't remember now) in the Grand Hall, but I think that was a much smaller venue. If its further up than Glasgow, I probably wouldn't go. :cry::cry:

There must be other venues in Glasgow they could use. I wish I knew Glasgow better! I went to see Amy Winehouse at Glasgow Barrowlands a few years back and it's a much smaller venue than the Concert Hall but not nearly as posh! It was standing only which might not do. They were serving alcohol which also might be problematic for under 18s. I'm sure that there must be a suitable venue somewhere in Glasgow. I'll have to have a think about it!
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember the Jeds' old security guy Paddy O'brien? Well, he's now working for One Direction and here's a video of Niall getting a venue full of screaming fans to sing happy birthday to him in Liverpool last month:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jIWhnlVzkQ
  • PopRocketPopRocket Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why must the tour be while i'm on holiday???? :confused::(:cry: gutted :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Louis was on the Late Late Show last night. He was talking about xfactor and the fact that he and Gary have signed up and he is looking for a new boyband in Dublin. Briefly mentioned that he is managing Jedward.

xx:)
    Ellie
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love that when the Jeds go to a party at the Playboy mansion, they're mainly excited about meeting Corey Feldman and a parrot. :D
This discussion has been closed.