Options

Who's going to win?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Now that we've seen two dances from each couple, who do you think is going to win?

Who's going to win? 183 votes

Abbey and Aljaz
6%
mirandawebDilly 1josie123-Sid-sradiajajalieblingRoseAnneguestofsethLiam1999[Deleted User]TheRealXavier 11 votes
Ashley and Ola
14%
Zeustimeyyenston[Deleted User]HeavenlyChristian CagepasodabblePippa 2KDeecranford fanStupid_Head[Deleted User]texas_Xzelda fan[Deleted User]IzzieStartinselgirljacksinclairxMr_XcXLuxray 27 votes
Ben and Kristina
1%
[Deleted User]dmolyneaux@virg 2 votes
Dave and Karen
0%
Deborah and Robin
0%
Fiona and Anton
0%
Julien and Janette
0%
jingled 1 vote
Mark and Iveta
1%
Jan2555*GG*TootsieLouOzboz3 3 votes
Natalie and Artem
19%
Alli-FilovesootyLisaCEspressoMACTOWINTheCowSeenBeansbig bro geekmastanlem[Deleted User]Funky MangoIgnazioSaraV1308RichmondBlueMonaoggFiddly_FeltzJoanne yyraflesStigOfTheKrumppabirdAzla Axe 35 votes
Patrick and Anya
0%
Rachel and Pasha
2%
GEGGS37Cohomology[Deleted User]crimsonlake 4 votes
Sophie and Brendan
46%
Brian1709jlighthiJudge Dreadcmrxxnewkid30V1Chris21larkimtortoisepersonchipstick10CaroUKkaloukcaclinLazySusanMarySevie squeezyEnJayKingstu0rtmaxlee80speedyboirandomearrings 85 votes
Susanna and Kevin
8%
Cornchips[Deleted User]da1002Ariel_Ktea41Kyle123shandersOlls~Amethyzt[Deleted User]Dragonlady 25jinx2Kalypsowinter99MistyFashion 15 votes
Vanessa and James
0%

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sophie and Brendan
    I've a funny feeling it could be Ashley. I'm hoping for Sophie though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sophie and Brendan
    My money's on Sophie, simply because of the pattern saying a woman should win. If we exclude series 1 as a bizarre experiment (sorry Natasha) then the pattern of winners is FMMFMMFMM so we're due a woman.

I don't think any of the men have what it takes to win anyway. Ashley's obviously best, but he's a bit camp and due for some serious burn-out. I think Rachel is way too bad a dancer to win even though she's lovely, and as much as I like Abbey and Natalie, they don't have the right personality that female winners have.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natalie and Artem
    It's early days, but Natalie gets my vote. I don't see any weaknesses, and she appears to be just coasting at the moment. Sophie was great last night, but I'm not so sure if Latin will suit her.
    I don't think Abbey has the temperament, plus she's not so popular and sooner or later she will need the public vote.
    Ashley must have a chance, he's not done much wrong so far and as he is likely to be the last man standing he will have an advantage with the voting public.
    I don't see anyone outside of those four, but you never know I suppose.
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sophie and Brendan
    I'd like it to be Sophie, but it could be her, Natalie or Ashley I think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ashley and Ola
    Ashley to win.

Like Sophie also.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ashley and Ola
    I think Sophie and Ashley are my two front runners.
    Natalie possibly the third finalist if they do it that way again.
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Natalie and Artem
    I think Natalie, Ashley and Sophie are the front runners. I wouldn't mind any of those 3 winning.
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sophie and Brendan
    If I were to put money on a winner it would be Sophie at this point.

Natalie has no chance.
  • Options
    Mrs-MopMrs-Mop Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sophie and Brendan
    Sophie and Brenden early front runners.:):):)
    Non of the men look promising, Ashley in ballroom is OK.
    Feeling that TPTB might have to rig the voting:o or it will be all female by week 8 :D:D
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natalie and Artem
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    If I were to put money on a winner it would be Sophie at this point.

Natalie has no chance.[/QUOTE]

She's still favourite with the bookies at 9/4.

Sophie available at 11/4, Ashley at 4/1, with Abbey out at 8/1.
    Rachel has drifted right out to 25/1, she was favourite at one time !
  • Options
    Pippa 2Pippa 2 Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ashley and Ola
    Becky245 wrote: »
    I've a funny feeling it could be Ashley. I'm hoping for Sophie though.

I don't think Sophie has the personality to win though it's obvious she can dance.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Abbey and Aljaz
    I'm not convinced Sophie can keep it up, I think the Charleston was her one brilliant dance and all her other dances will range from only ok to good. I'd love to be wrong though.

Natalie is too much of a ringer to win, I think she will come 2nd/3rd. I think Abbey has the best chance of the women, if she can connect with the audience and her partner better then she can win.

Ashley is good, but I can see him burning out like Scott Maslen, and there's something about his dancing I really don't like. It will help that he's young and a decent dancer, which is more than can be said for most of the men, which as we saw last year is enough for the win even if he doesn't produce any brilliant dances.
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Far, far too early. Ask again around week 5 or 6?
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sophie and Brendan
    Pippa 2 wrote: »
    I don't think Sophie has the personality to win

Louis Smith won last year.
  • Options
    marinamaumarinamau Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After last saturday, Sophie is understandably the contender, but we havent seen her dance proper latin just yet and it is early days. However, she is really likeable, so could go all the way!

I still think Susanna is a strong contender, if her hectic schedule does not hindrance her too much. Natalie and Ashley too, he as the only male that has a decent chance all things considered and her on the back of being the stronger dancer through out. Unless something happens for Natalie - consistently underscoring, a bit of drama, wow dance about week 5...- I can't see her winning yet.

Abbey just behind all the above four. But her latin was better than expected even though she messed up.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Natalie and Artem
    My outside bet would be Susanna & Kevin.
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sophie and Brendan
    marinamau wrote: »
    After last saturday, Sophie is understandably the contender, but we havent seen her dance proper latin just yet and it is early days. However, she is really likeable, so could go all the way!

I still think Susanna is a strong contender, if her hectic schedule does not hindrance her too much. Natalie and Ashley too, he as the only male that has a decent chance all things considered and her on the back of being the stronger dancer through out. Unless something happens for Natalie - consistently underscoring, a bit of drama, wow dance about week 5...- I can't see her winning yet.

Abbey just behind all the above four. But her latin was better than expected even though she messed up.

this is what i thought. so far no-one can touch Sophie.
  • Options
    mwig5mwig5 Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    Sophie and Brendan
    cwickham wrote: »

A travesty :yawn:
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sophie and Brendan
    cwickham wrote: »

Do he and Sophie have the same personality?
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Susanna and Kevin
    I went to vote for Sophie, but accidentally clicked Susanna, though saying that, I don't think Susanna is a bad choice as an outside shot.
  • Options
    MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Sophie and Brendan
    I don't doubt Sophie's dancing ability, but I doubt her ability to get into character. So far we've seen demure lovesick girl and haughty restaurant lady. Neither required much effort. I'd be interested to see how she manages to look like she's having fun in cha-cha and salsa.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Ashley and Ola
    I would like Sophie to but I think Ashley will.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Ashley and Ola
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Do he and Sophie have the same personality?

I think Sophie is more chilled out rather than Louis' bland personality.
  • Options
    *Venetia**Venetia* Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sophie and Brendan
    Sophie stands a good chance of winning. She can dance and seems to be liked. Natalie is the best dancer ofcourse but that will probably be counted against her.

Patrick is by far the best male dancer but everyone seems to be ignoring him, why is that?
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sophie and Brendan
    Sophie actually seems very over-eager to me, in a slightly endearing way (gassing on about the Charleston's history in her training VT, knowing exactly which DWTS franchise was the next to have a same-sex couple (?!) on Chatty Man, celebrating not vomiting/doing a backflip respectively after each of her dances).

I think it's a mistake to dismiss Louis as bland. He wasn't, at all. Rachel was bland, Colin was bland, Gethin was bland, Zoe Lucker was bland on toast. What Louis was was mum-bait. Appeal to middle-class mums and you've got this series down. Sophie, having her own middle-class mum parked in the front row crying her eyes out week 1, seems better poised than the domestic abuser from Corrie or the skinny WAG model for sure. In that Charleston she could have walked straight out of Downton.