Options

Landlords & Ladies of the Queen Vic. In order?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
I am trying to think of the Landlords and Ladies of the Queen Vic in order, since the beginning.

I am going to guess, but if somebody actually knows that'd be great :D

My guess work:

Den & Angie,
Pat & Frank
Sharon and Grant
Peggy & Frank
Peggy, Frank and Dan?
Sharon (on her own for a bit?)
Chrissie and Den
Archie and Peggy
Kat and Alfie
Linda and Mick

I have probably got some of those in the wrong order and forgotten some aswell? :blush:

Comments

• Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best I can remember.

Mid 1970's to 1988 - Den and Angie (Angie left The Vic to run The Dagmar and returned as landlady towards the end of her time on the square)

1988 to 1990 - Pat and Frank Butcher

1990 to 1991 - Eddie Royle

1991 to 1995 - Sharon and Grant Mitchell. I think Phil was part owner.

1995 to 1999 - Peggy Mitchell ran it but Grant was still around.

1999 to 2000 - I can't remember exactly but either Phil or Grant sold their share to Dan Sullivan and he part owned it with Peggy and Frank for a while.

2000 to 2001 - Peggy sold The Vic to pay the debts Frank left her with when he fled Walford after his affair with Pat.

2001 to 2002 - Steve Owen co-owned The Vic with Sharon until his death. She later sold it back to the Mitchells.

2002 to 2003 - Peggy installed Alfie as the manager and then made an off screen exit.

2003 to 2004 - Kat and Alfie ran The Vic together until their marriage hit the rocks.

2004 to 2005 - Den and Chrissie Watts swindled The Vic out of the Mitchells hands. The Moons were thrown out on Christmas Day. Chrissie later ran it alone after she killed Den. Following his death Sharon inherited The Vic and sold it back to the Mitchells again.

2005 to 2009 - Peggy once more. I can't remember if Phil owned any of it.

2009 to 2010 - Archie somehow (can't remember how) bought The Vic. He left it to Roxy in his will and she sold it back to Peggy before it went on fire.

2010-2013 - Peggy signed The Vic over to Phil who leased it to Kat and Alfie. They split up yet again in 2012 and Roxy got together with Alfie and ran The Vic as landlady for the 2nd time until Kat and Alfie reconciled.

2013-Now - Phil sold The Vic to The Carters and kicked the Moons out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Best I can remember.

Mid 1970's to 1988 - Den and Angie (Angie left The Vic to run The Dagmar and returned as landlady towards the end of her time on the square)

1999 to 2000 - I can't remember exactly but either Phil or Grant sold their share to Dan Sullivan and he part owned it with Peggy and Frank for a while.

2000 to 2001 - Peggy sold The Vic to pay the debts Frank left her with when he fled Walford after his affair with Pat.

2001 to 2002 - Steve Owen co-owned The Vic with Sharon until his death. She later sold it back to the Mitchells.

2002 to 2003 - Peggy installed Alfie as the manager and then made an off screen exit.

2003 to 2004 - Kat and Alfie ran The Vic together until their marriage hit the rocks.

2004 to 2005 - Den and Chrissie Watts swindled The Vic out of the Mitchells hands. The Moons were thrown out on Christmas Day. Chrissie later ran it alone after she killed Den. Following his death Sharon inherited The Vic and sold it back to the Mitchells again.

2009 to 2010 - Archie somehow (can't remember how) bought The Vic. He left it to Roxy in his will and she sold it back to Peggy before it went on fire.

2010-2013 - Peggy signed The Vic over to Phil who leased it to Kat and Alfie. They split up yet again in 2012 and Roxy got together with Alfie and ran The Vic as landlady for the 2nd time until Kat and Alfie reconciled.

That's great thank you.

I can't believe that I forgot Roxy from just last year. I've seen a lot of old 80's clips on youtube and I had no idea that Angie ever ran the Dagmar thank you for that information I'm looking on youtube for those clips right now.

What did they turn the Dagmar into? Or has it gone now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's great thank you.

I can't believe that I forgot Roxy from just last year. I've seen a lot of old 80's clips on youtube and I had no idea that Angie ever ran the Dagmar thank you for that information I'm looking on youtube for those clips right now.

What did they turn the Dagmar into? Or has it gone now?

Angie was installed as the manager of The Dagmar after her marriage to Den ended.

The Dagmar later became Tanya's salon which has now become The Albert which is owned by Angie's daughter. Full circle!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Angie was installed as the manager of The Dagmar after her marriage to Den ended.

The Dagmar later became Tanya's salon which has now become The Albert which is owned by Angie's daughter. Full circle!:D

Give it another 20 years there will be another Den Watts behind the bar of the vic (Sharons son) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give it another 20 years there will be another Den Watts behind the bar of the vic (Sharons son) :D

I wouldn't bet against it. The Watts and the Mitchells have a strangle hold on that pub:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't bet against it. The Watts and the Mitchells have a strangle hold on that pub:o

It's cursed, I'd stay away personally.

They do seem to have an obsession with the place, especially Sharon. I suppose in her case it's because she grew up in it and it's a direct link to her parents.

Theres only one Den & Angie!! :D (Although I love the Carters)
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best I can remember.

Didn't Sharon run it with Wicksy for a bit between the Butchers and Eddie Royle? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    Didn't Sharon run it with Wicksy for a bit between the Butchers and Eddie Royle? :)

Yes! They managed it for the brewery. Totally forgot about that.

I also forgot about Den's mistress Jan being the landlady after Angie moved out.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Rightly so, IMO!;) I think Den and Angie were brilliant! But Peggy has to be the best, it was and still is HER pub! She's probably the most iconic landlady in the country, she's so well known! I don't think anyone could make the same impact Peggy did! Kat and Alfie were AWFUL! Mostly down to Kirkwood and Newman... They had no chemistry in there at all! Mick and Linda are great, and so would Elaine be if ever made landlady! I also really like Shirley behind the bar too!:) and aunt babe of course, the Carter kids are a bit meh and bring it down a little:/ Stan's never behind the bar really, so I can't really say there!:D
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mitchells did own it in 2005-09. Sharon gave them firsr refusal and they accepted.

Roxy signed it to Peggy for free and then rented her own pub off of Phil when she was with Alfie.

2009 - The Mitchells were in financial trouble after Archie persuaded Sam to skip bail. They got a loan off of Ian to pay back loan sharks. He demanded that the loan waa secured against the Vic. Janine got Ian drunk and slept with him. She and Archie threatened to tell Jane unless he sold Archie the loan. He sold it to him and Archie got the Vic when The Mitchells failed to pay back the loan.

2001-02: Sharon ran the Vic on her own. Steve Owen was a silent partner.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    Rightly so, IMO!;) I think Den and Angie were brilliant! But Peggy has to be the best, it was and still is HER pub! She's probably the most iconic landlady in the country, she's so well known! I don't think anyone could make the same impact Peggy did! Kat and Alfie were AWFUL! Mostly down to Kirkwood and Newman... They had no chemistry in there at all! Mick and Linda are great, and so would Elaine be if ever made landlady! I also really like Shirley behind the bar too!:) and aunt babe of course, the Carter kids are a bit meh and bring it down a little:/ Stan's never behind the bar really, so I can't really say there!:D

It's Den and Angies pub as far as I am concerned and always will be - they really knew how to run a business without thinking that they owned the bloody square and everyone on it like that deluded old bag Peggy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never understood Sharon's love for the Vic. She hardly has the best memories from that place it has been nothing but trouble for her and her family. I know she made a mention of it "not holding good memories" when she returned for this stint but if I was Sharon I would have given the place a wide berth years ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    As far as Eastenders is concerned I guess she is the iconic landlady, however Annie Walker and Bet Lynch are the queens of soap pubs. Annie Walker did 23 years in charge of the Rovers, Bet was in charge for 10 but worked behind the bar for 25.

I would put Peggy up there with Annie and Bet, I would also put Angie Watts on that list to. She was only there a few years but she made a huge impact and is still remembered today.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I have never understood Sharon's love for the Vic. She hardly has the best memories from that place it has been nothing but trouble for her and her family. I know she made a mention of it "not holding good memories" when she returned for this stint but if I was Sharon I would have given the place a wide berth years ago.

I thought she'd only spent 2 or 3 years there in the last 20 anyway.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Grant and Sharon owned the place during their marriage, when Sharon left Peggy bought her share - meaning Peggy and Grant co-owned the place 50/50. In 1999 when Grant left Walford he signed his share over to Phil. Phil and Peggy fell out in late 1999 - Peggy blamed Phil for Grant leaving and his failure to win back Kathy who went back to South Africa meaning Peggy lost her grandson. To spite Peggy Phil sold his newly acquired 50% to Dan Sullivan on Christmas Day. Peggy and new husband Frank had planned to sell up and retire abroad but hated Dan and refused to sell their remaining 50% to him. Eventually Frank, Roy, Pat and Phil managed to trick Dan into gambling his share of the pub and losing it to Phil in a game of poker. After losing the bet Dan refused to sign the deeds until Phil pointed out that he already had done and the poker game was just a ruse. Marcus Christie had tricked Dan into signing over his share to Peggy earlier on. So for the first time Peggy became sold owner until she was forced to sell up the following year to Sharon and Steve Owen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    I thought she'd only spent 2 or 3 years there in the last 20 anyway.
    Yes I think you are right, but there is always this underlying thing with Sharon and the Vic. As I said I think they have put this to bed now.
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon's obsession with owning the Vic seems to have waned somewhat since the discovery of her dad's body under the cellar.

I guess that'll do it...
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon's obsession with owning the Vic seems to have waned somewhat since the discovery of her dad's body under the cellar.

I guess that'll do it...

Indeed. Although it didn't seem to phase Roxy, who went back to work in the Vic about two days after her father was brutally murdered there.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wish Sharon had sold the Vic to Pat when she inherited it from Den in 2005. A huge opportunity missed there.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

I guess that'll do it...

Even before that it was a place where she lived with warring parents, where her mother was slowly drinking herself to death. And where she was trapped in an abusive marriage that ended in a dramatic showdown that had her fleeing the country. There may have been a few good memories but on the whole the place has been bad news to her and her loved ones...the place is cursed.
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,839
    Forum Member

When Danny Dyer decides to call it a day Sharon could go into partnership with Linda.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get this idea that someone would be soured against a building because bad stuff happened to them there. It isn't the building that caused the bad stuff unless it collapsed on top of you. Surely the good memories would trump the bad? It's still Sharon's childhood home and the first business she ran when all is said and done. I never believed thar rubbish about her being afraid to set foot in The Vic. Thankfully it seems to be forgotten now what with her holding her wedding reception there and spending the night before her wedding upstairs. She can make more good memories in The Vic now that Linda is landlady and her friend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    When Danny Dyer decides to call it a day Sharon could go into partnership with Linda.

Linda, Elaine and Sharon running The Vic would be brilliant. We'd never be short of a great landlady:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    Indeed. Although it didn't seem to phase Roxy, who went back to work in the Vic about two days after her father was brutally murdered there.

And cheered when Phil brought a replica of the Queen Vic bust, the object which killed her father, into the pub and placed it back on the spot it was pushed off onto Archie's head:D

Roxy's lack of aversion to The Vic is harder to understand than anything. That bust scene could only be matched if Sharon produced Pauline's doorstop and started stroking it like Blofeld's cat:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get this idea that someone would be soured against a building because bad stuff happened to them there. It isn't the building that caused the bad stuff unless it collapsed on top of you. Surely the good memories would trump the bad? It's still Sharon's childhood home and the first business she ran when all is said and done. I never believed thar rubbish about her being afraid to set foot in The Vic. Thankfully it seems to be forgotten now what with her holding her wedding reception there and spending the night before her wedding upstairs. She can make more good memories in The Vic now that Linda is landlady and her friend.
    We would have to assume that all the good stuff happened before 1985 then as she would have precious few good memories from then on. While of course it isn't the building that caused the bad stuff to happen it is a place where all the bad stuff happened, that would put a lot of people off. My Grandad died in agony on his living room floor in a house he had lived in for 50 years with my Nan, she never set foot in the place again because that one painful memory ruined everything else for her.

Of course true EE and Sharon fans are desperate for her to be back in charge of the Vic and to forget all the misery she has had in those 4 walls. However if I was Sharon I would never want to own the place again.