New Leed Child book out on 23rd April !

jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
Forum Member
The new Lee Child book (Jack Reacher !!!) is due to come out on 23rd April. I'll be down at Waterstones getting my copy, how about anyone else. There's a countdown started on the Lee Child site. :D

http://www.leechild.com/

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    I don´t want to seem rude/nasty but....I can´t understand the attraction for Reacher-Too macho, too skilled, too solitary, too good a fighter...
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Too macho, too skilled, too solitary, too good a fighter...

That's just what makes him so great :D
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabegy wrote: »
    The new Lee Child book (Jack Reacher !!!) is due to come out on 23rd April. I'll be down at Waterstones getting my copy, how about anyone else. There's a countdown started on the Lee Child site. :D

http://www.leechild.com/

I have pre-ordered it from Amazon and I am very very excited :cool:

And I will get in before anybody else says it - yes, I am a very sad person :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow awesome, i never knew he was doing another. Reacher is the greatest hero ever!!
    Forum Member
    yay !!!! in that case we can all be sad together :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    jabegy wrote: »
    That's just what makes him so great :D
    I don´t want to be controversial but I´ll take Block´s Scudder or Sandford¨s Davenport any time-they are tough guys too, but with some substance and credibility. Ah and i don´t want to forget Nasaw´s Pender.

All the above said with the utmost respect, mind you.
    Forum Member
    That's ok Vicente, it wouldn't do for us all to like the same thing, there wouldn't be enough Lee Child books to go round in that case.
    Thanks for the tips on those other authors though, I'm always on the lookout for another good read, and I can't imagine it'll take me long to read the new Jack Reacher one when I get my hot little hands on it. !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He does churn them out doesn't he.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    I'm really excited about the new Jack Reacher book too. I'm even more excited because I'm going to one of those 'meet the author' nights at Waterstones in Manchester so I'll get to see Lee Child himself and hopefully get an autographed copy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CatCo wrote: »
    I'm really excited about the new Jack Reacher book too. I'm even more excited because I'm going to one of those 'meet the author' nights at Waterstones in Manchester so I'll get to see Lee Child himself and hopefully get an autographed copy.

My sis regularly gets "meet the author" tickets from a pal of hers who runs an independent bookshop. They had Lee Child last year but she didn't bloody tell me about it so I missed him - I was GUTTED :eek: :cry:
  • MR. MacavityMR. Macavity Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait - a new Reacher Book and a new series of Ashes To Ashes on the same day - happy times!
  • MR. MacavityMR. Macavity Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to get a copy from Asda this morning a few days early - the missus has got first dabs on it though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to get a copy from Asda this morning a few days early - the missus has got first dabs on it though!

Mine arrived from Amazon on Friday and I have finished it already - couldn't put it down - Brilliant :cool: