The Box - Out December 4th

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    00tommo wrote: »
    I thought it was ok until it got to the library scene, then it got stupid.

Agree with you there!

All in all, I enjoyed this, but there was a fair few 'WTF? moments... The three pillars of water in particular.

It was good, but the whole paranormal slant on it seemed a bit silly.

I'd describe it as 'Saw without the gore'. 7/10 from me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robston wrote: »
    The short story was made into a TZ episode in the 80's, so it's hardly original.

Thanks.
  • Options
    elite fileselite files Posts: 15,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why was the film set in 1976?:confused::confused::confused:

alot of people y iheard were sayignj WTF was that aobut
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    watched this film the other night. didn't hold much too hope for it prior to watching it. and i'm glad I hadn't - this was one of the worst movies that i've seen this year. 3/10
  • Options
    cheekscheeks Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why was the film set in 1976?:confused::confused::confused:

alot of people y iheard were sayignj WTF was that aobut
    Maybe they had tons of that wallpaper and wanted to use it up......:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cheeks wrote: »
    Maybe they had tons of that wallpaper and wanted to use it up......:D

I thought it was wasted budget onmake up and hair do s for n reasona t all:D:eek::D:eek::D:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my cineworld is carrying this peice of garbage for a second week:mad::eek::mad::eek::mad:
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw this today as i was a fan of Donnie Darko and i liked the premise of the movie. Ultimately very weird film. I think i get the point of what the film was about - past the simple morality tale - but still left me confused. Would have been better if there was less sci-fi involved.

I didn't find myself bored and nor do i think it's the worst film of the year. I do think it's something you have to watch at least twice and those who are slating the music, well the score was created by Win Butler and Régine Chassagne who are members of Arcade Fire.

The original cut of the movie is actually almost 3 hours long. It was the studio who requested Richard Kelly to cut the film down to 115mins so there's lots more which we don't get to see which could perhaps explain things a bit better. You might see the Director's Cut on the dvd i imagine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they showed this for two weeks and missed out the film carriers:eek::confused::confused::confused::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I only got around to watching this today. Good start,boring middle and an ok end to it. It could have done with having 30 mins cut from it mainly the middle bit with the library etc. I am amazed that the original cut was 3 hours long though!
  • Options
    damocdamoc Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    This was the second worse film I've seen this year (beaten by Whiteout!) It was trying to do too much & got too confusing. Thought the Joanna Lumley song was good though;)!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    00tommo wrote: »
    I thought it was ok until it got to the library scene, then it got stupid.

agreed :eek: :D