Watchdog

Comments

• LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beware the carpet cleaners!!!!!!!!!! Well dodgy geezers!

What occurs to me when I watch people quoted silly prices for sofa cleaning and/or washing machine repairs, is YOU COULD GET A BRAND NEW ONE FOR THAT!

That car bloke last week was dangerous though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newda898 wrote: »
    Tonight: moaning about Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals.
    Seriously?
    Have they run out of companies ripping people off and have started taking up a Tv chef on a snappily titled show and book because his meals don't take exactly 30 minutes?

It got even worse with Chris doing a meal for Anne and Matt. What a bloody waste of time
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay, Thomas Cook used the 'We have many customers who are happy' excuse.
  • FriendlyGoatFriendlyGoat Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never usually watch this, but I love Anne's little scathing comments after each story.

"But anyway"
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like Watchdog.

Some of the time the items are a bit boring but every now again and they do come up with some little gems.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay, the carpet bloke used the 'we have many happy customers' excuse too.

How can he defend what he is doing?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, the carpet bloke used the 'we have many happy customers' excuse too.

How can he defend what he is doing?

These companies always spin the line "the majority of our customers are happy".......yeah, course they are!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    The guy in the white shirt working on the laptop behind Matt and Chris for most of the episode - gorgeous! I should watch this more often...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guy in the white shirt working on the laptop behind Matt and Chris for most of the episode - gorgeous! I should watch this more often...

LOL....I noticed him too! :)

He was right at the front of shot earlier....didnt hear a word the presenter was saying!
  • ProgRockerProgRocker Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously?
    Have they run out of companies ripping people off and have started taking up a Tv chef on a snappily titled show and book because his meals don't take exactly 30 minutes?

Agreed...I wish Watchdog went back to doing more Roger Cook - style reporting (a bit like Rogue Traders bit I guess).

Did anyone see the dodgy roofing guy a few weeks ago on the Rogue Traders bit? They confronted the guy in Leamington Spa (I think) and the b*****d almost ran over Matt Allright and the camera crew in his haste to get away. What a nasty piece of work he was! Almost looked like attempted murder to me. :eek:
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    ProgRocker wrote: »
    Agreed...I wish Watchdog went back to doing more Roger Cook - style reporting (a bit like Rogue Traders bit I guess).

Did anyone see the dodgy roofing guy a few weeks ago on the Rogue Traders bit? They confronted the guy in Leamington Spa (I think) and the b*****d almost ran over Matt Allright and the camera crew in his haste to get away. What a nasty piece of work he was! Almost looked like attempted murder to me. :eek:

I must have missed that one and I live in Leamington Spa! Wonder who it was? :eek:
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must have missed that one and I live in Leamington Spa! Wonder who it was? :eek:

yes i seen him, only just miss matt and the crew, trouble is i think, when you put people in a corner they will do anything to escape, still no excuse for attempting murder,
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    yes i seen him, only just miss matt and the crew, trouble is i think, when you put people in a corner they will do anything to escape, still no excuse for attempting murder,

Oh yes. I did see that. He was a horrible man and a right nutcase! It wasn't in Leamington though. I thought it may be somewhere in Kent?
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes. I did see that. He was a horrible man and a right nutcase! It wasn't in Leamington though. I thought it may be somewhere in Kent?

yes i think it was in Kent, somewhere in or near Tumbridge-wells i think..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    Seriously?
    The thing that annoyed me was, surely the "30 minute" meals are supposed to be 30 minutes of COOKING time, not preperation and cooking time. Maybe if they had prepared all the ingredients first, then read through the recipe, they'd realise that it only takes 30 minutes to cook all of the food through, and they'd be able to follow the recipe with ease. '30 minute meals' is a bit misleading if preparation time isn't included, but surely they should have mentioned that on the show.

Another thing which annoyed me... British Gas 'fury' ... they've done that story repeatedly, I remember from previous shows, so it was irritating to see it again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ': wrote:
    Hannah;45409298']The thing that annoyed me was, surely the "30 minute" meals are supposed to be 30 minutes of COOKING time,.

One recipe is for a large beef joint with all the usual trimmings so I reckon that will take more than 30mins to cook.
    I dont see where he gets his 30 mins from anyway
  • ProgRockerProgRocker Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry Terry, I've been corrected. Was Tunbridge Wells. :o

The guy had a big yellow pick-up. I'm sure Trading Standards are aware of him but if I was Matt Allright's boss I would have also sent copies of their evidence to Kent Constabulary.
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldbod wrote: »
    One recipe is for a large beef joint with all the usual trimmings so I reckon that will take more than 30mins to cook.
    I dont see where he gets his 30 mins from anyway
    It's just to sell his books, especially to people who are short of time and want to get a meal on the table as fast as possible! There's no way that most meals (other than stir fries) can be prepared, cooked and served in 30 minutes, especially if the oven is used as it takes quite a while to heat up before you can put anything in to roast, bake or heat up! :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Is Chris Hollins Gay?
    Anne always makes gay innuendo or similar jokes towards him, like tonight she mentioned "and the fairy" when talking about the tree then camera went straight to Chris.
    It was so obvious and blatent she knows he is gay and doing it without outing him!

but in the reality is he really gay? as he is extremely camp and my and my friends gaydar go into overdrive when he is on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Is Chris Hollins Gay?
    Anne always makes gay innuendo or similar jokes towards him, like tonight she mentioned "and the fairy" when talking about the tree then camera went straight to Chris.
    It was so obvious and blatent she knows he is gay and doing it without outing him!

but in the reality is he really gay? as he is extremely camp and my and my friends gaydar go into overdrive when he is on.

No he's not gay
  • pussyfootpussyfoot Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Chris Hollins Gay?

It was a bit cringeworthy, hes obviously gay and shes poking fun at him, his face was like thunder when she mentioned the fairy bit!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pussyfoot wrote: »
    It was a bit cringeworthy, hes obviously gay and shes poking fun at him, his face was like thunder when she mentioned the fairy bit!

He used to be in a relationship with someone from Chris Moyles team (who's a woman) so no, he's not.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone more smarmy and irritating than Hollins?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Is anyone more smarmy and irritating than Hollins?

YES - Martin Lewis
  • Vexed womanVexed woman Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Chris Hollins Gay?

I just made a comment on another thread, when he was on strictly he was with his girl friend.