Options

Boy ends up in care after mum hits him with hairbrush

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,147
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/04/10/boy-hit-by-mum-with-hairbrush-put-in-care-115875-21267525/

This is awful. At least she knows she shouldnt have done it.

But now the young lad is in care :cry:

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My mum hit me with a hairbrush when I was 13. I deserved it though!
  • Options
    AVTalkAVTalk Posts: 5,501
    Forum Member
    Seriously though, The Mirror?

I'd like to know more about this incident before believing it to have happened as that rag reports it.
  • Options
    Your_Not_MeYour_Not_Me Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Angel Lisa wrote: »
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/04/10/boy-hit-by-mum-with-hairbrush-put-in-care-115875-21267525/

A few months in care should make him think twice before he refuses to go to school next time.;)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few months in care should make him think twice before he refuses to go to school next time.;)

Quite!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Or he'll claim it made him 'depressed' and ruined his childhood.

As he stands in the dock 10 years from now with a defence lawyer who can't believe his luck at what happened after the hairbrush incident.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no problem with children being smacked if they are naughty but if she hit him hard enough to draw blood - which is what it says in the article - then she went too far, IMO. But if it was definitely a one off then I don't think he should have been taken into care.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think the Mum should be made to repay the cost of this care visit to reimburse the taxpayer. That would be more likely to stop her doing it again.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Some of my teachers did far far worse than that to me when I was at school and I dont just mean the cane either.

ie:

One teacher once threw a heavy wooden blackboard rubber with so much force it left an egg sized lump on my forehead for weeks.

I was slapped so hard on the side of my face, (regular occurance) my face was actually bruised.

I cracked 3 ribs once and because the teacher didnt believe I had 3 broken ribs he made me bend down and touch my toes. (That teacher was sacked though)
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

An eight-year-old boy has been taken into emergency foster care after his mum hit him twice with a hair brush for refusing to go to school.

They get done for the little oiks not going to school as well don't they ? Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Christ, the inmates really do run the asylum in Great Britain plc these days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlackOpal wrote: »
    My mum hit me with a hairbrush when I was 13. I deserved it though!

No child deserves to be hit with an implement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One teacher once threw a heavy wooden blackboard rubber with so much force it left an egg sized lump on my forehead for weeks.

I was slapped so hard on the side of my face, (regular occurance) my face was actually bruised.

Sounds like you were a very naughty school child.
    I cracked 3 ribs once and because the teacher didnt believe I had 3 broken ribs he made me bend down and touch my toes. (That teacher was sacked though)

They didn't happen to be standing behind you when they made this request?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    big-mother wrote: »
    No child deserves to be hit with an implement.

Indeed, fists only.
  • Options
    A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member
    Some of my teachers did far far worse than that to me when I was at school and I dont just mean the cane either.

ie:

I would suggest to you that none of this occurred.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AVTalk wrote: »
    Indeed, fists only.

Only in places the bruises don't show.

Personally I don't think children should be smacked at all but despite my best efforts I slip up and have skelped DS.
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    I would think more long lasting damage will be done by removing the boy and placing him in care.
  • Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here we will go shortly with the usual opprobrium about the 'SS' preying on easy targets and so forth. There'll be a lot more to the case than what's been selectively, emotively reported in a tabloid rag.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dome wrote: »
    I would think more long lasting damage will be done by removing the boy and placing him in care.

How?

It will make him think twice in the future before disobeying his mother.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I'm not sure why he couldn't have stayed with his mum under close supervision while Mum attended anger management and parenting classes.
    RussellIan wrote: »
    Here we will go shortly with the usual opprobrium about the 'SS' preying on easy targets and so forth. There'll be a lot more to the case than what's been emotively reported in a tabloid rag.

However if you're right and there is more to this story (which I could well believe) then I hope it comes out. SS do not take children from their parents on a whim IME.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I agree. This boy seems quite articulate and not frightened about telling the truth about what happened. It doesn't seem to be a regular occurrence and appears to be an unfortunate incident to me. It's understandable the over reaction after recent high profile child cases, but this seems over the top to me.
  • Options
    indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A321 wrote: »

I would suggest it happened to me as well (the blackboard rubber). It was a regular occurance at my school in the mid seventies. They often missed though.:)
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ie:

A321 wrote: »

Well I can tell you one thing that definitely did happen to me, and this is the real truth, from my schooldays when corporal punishment was still on the agenda. The PE teacher got a new "slipper" and got me to bend down. I told him I hadn't done anything, and he replied, grinning, "I know, I just want to try it out, and you were closest by".

That is the gospel truth :eek: My parents just laughed when I told them, and my brother who was at the same school, wouldn't let me forget it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AVTalk wrote: »
    Seriously though, The Mirror?

I'd like to know more about this incident before believing it to have happened as that rag reports it.

google works wonder if your not certain :rolleyes:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6069653.ece
  • Options
    Forum Member
    big-mother wrote: »
    Yes, I'm not sure why he couldn't have stayed with his mum under close supervision while Mum attended anger management and parenting classes.

If he'd attended those 'classes' and 'courses' he'd only learn how to wind her up even more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would suggest it happened to me as well (the blackboard rubber). It was a regular occurance at my school in the mid seventies. They often missed though.:)
    blueblade wrote: »
    Well I can tell you one thing that definitely did happen to me, and this is the real truth, from my schooldays when corporal punishment was still on the agenda. The PE teacher got a new "slipper" and got me to bend down. I told him I hadn't done anything, and he replied, grinning, "I know, I just want to try it out, and you were closest by".

That is the gospel truth :eek: My parents just laughed when I told them, and my brother who was at the same school, wouldn't let me forget it.

I'll concede the blackboard rubber and slipper, but regularly slapped hard on the side of the face to leave bruising?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Mirror - who believes anything that left-wing toilet paper publishes?