How Do You Find Birdsong Radio?

Jonathan1990Jonathan1990 Posts: 1,518
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Some people find it relaxing and some people find it annoying. I first heard it when i got my first DAB Digital Radio in 2003 when it was D1 Temp. I heard it has about 12 species of bird on but there are several sounds people find annoying like Crows Crowing, Gunshot like sounds and this crackling sound in the morning wood or something. The station has been on DAB 3 times now and I'm sure it was on FM once but I can't remember that.

Comments

• LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    Some people find it relaxing and some people find it annoying. I first heard it when i got my first DAB Digital Radio in 2003 when it was D1 Temp. I heard it has about 12 species of bird on but there are several sounds people find annoying like Crows Crowing, Gunshot like sounds and this crackling sound in the morning wood or something. The station has been on DAB 3 times now and I'm sure it was on FM once but I can't remember that.

I love it. :)
  • paulx23paulx23 Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it was on FM once but I can't remember that.
    It was the test transmissions for Classic FM in 1992.
  • Gerry1Gerry1 Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... and this crackling sound in the morning wood or something.
    Are you sure those sounds were coming from the radio? :D
  • Sid LawSid Law Posts: 4,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it nice to listen to, but terribly repeditive.

A bit like Heart really.
  • AmaraAmara Posts: 5,374
    Forum Member
    Sid Law wrote: »
    I find it nice to listen to, but terribly repeditive.

A bit like Heart really.

And Smooth.
  • northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typical Global birdsong- only 12 species repeated ad-infinitum. Not like it used to be when there was a great variety of species represented and loads of local species too.
  • airfixairfix Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried asking on Twitter?

(I'll get me coat!).
  • contrariancontrarian Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    airfix wrote: »
    Have you tried asking on Twitter?

(I'll get me coat!).

bwahahahahahahahaha:D
  • andrew1973andrew1973 Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Typical Global birdsong- only 12 species repeated ad-infinitum. Not like it used to be when there was a great variety of species represented and loads of local species too.

Yes, I'm sure I've seen the tagline "More birdsong variety" used too, totally inaccurate, I'm outraged! :D
  • andrew1973andrew1973 Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still at least there is some continuity, with LBC replacing it there is now the sound of a tit twittering on first thing in the morning, so it's kinda similar to birdsong radio! :p